Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 02:29 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Is the OP man or woman ?
Probably a guy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 02:49 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,993,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
I just laugh at the idea that some people seem to have that there are so many more women than men out there getting lucky. Who do they think they're getting lucky with?
Actually, the PUA myth (and that is what you're hearing) is that a few guys get all the women -- by cheating on them. So 3 women think they have monogamous relationships with the same guy.

And all women are always stupid enough to fall for this; the only variable is whether the guy is b*llsy/azzhattish enough to make it happen.

But maybe you knew all that .

Last edited by NilaJones; 10-28-2013 at 03:03 PM..

Old 10-28-2013, 03:15 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,557,081 times
go to germany

Old 10-28-2013, 03:29 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Actually, the PUA myth (and that is what you're hearing) is that a few guys get all the women -- by cheating on them. So 3 women think they have monogamous relationships with the same guy.

And all women are always stupid enough to fall for this; the only variable is whether the guy is b*llsy/azzhattish enough to make it happen.

But maybe you knew all that .
I wonder how they think that small handful of guys finds time to go on all of the dates they'd have to go on in order for the math of that delusion to work. Maybe they don't have jobs or require sleep. I can't even make time for all of my own potential dates when I do online dating as a schlubby average-looking average-income middle aged dude. It must be damned near impossible for those studmuffins.

Old 10-28-2013, 04:53 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,151,084 times
In my experience, online dating sites allow for dating efficiency. You can ask out as many people as you want one after the other all from the comfort of your own home. You can get number at a far more efficient clip and you can date women from all angles of the city you live in. For me, online dating gave me an incredible amount of options from every background. Whatever type of girl I was in the mood for during a given time, I could create a template message and and the same exact message to each of them and just relax and wait for biters. From the biters I can select the ones I was really interested in and decide what type of relationship I wanted from there on out.

After a while, online dating turned into a game of conquests.

It depends on what you want though. I never used online dating for serious relationships, so you would likely have to modify your approach.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:41 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,288,205 times
online dating leaves you spoiled for choice but its often an empty feeling , ive only had feelings for one girl ive ever been on an online date with and she has friendzoned me due to not being over a previous relationship , Ive been on two dates since this girl condemned me to a platonic relationship and while they were nice ladies , I don't really have any romantic interest in them , despite this ive agreed to see one of them again

too many choices might be a good thing when buying ice cream but im not sure when it comes to looking for a mate

Old 10-28-2013, 06:01 PM

1,830 posts, read 2,151,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
online dating leaves you spoiled for choice but its often an empty feeling , ive only had feelings for one girl ive ever been on an online date with and she has friendzoned me due to not being over a previous relationship , Ive been on two dates since this girl condemned me to a platonic relationship and while they were nice ladies , I don't really have any romantic interest in them , despite this ive agreed to see one of them again

too many choices might be a good thing when buying ice cream but im not sure when it comes to looking for a mate
That's why it really depends on what you use it for. I never had any intention of finind a long lasting relationship online. For me, it was an extremely efficient way to find friends with benefits or random one nighters when I was in college up until a year ago. I met my current girl offline.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:25 AM

66 posts, read 220,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Eh, online dating is difficult... and you're going to have to meet a lot of people and go on a LOT of really really horrible first dates and face A LOT of rejection, but it might be worth it in the long run.

I did online dating for 4ish years before meeting my current guy and I have sooo many stories (as does he) but I'd say it was well worth it.

I agree - lots of first dates, but eventually the ones not worth pursuing weed themselves out. It also depends on the dating site. Pictures may not be accurate; if I were to judge just on a picture, I would not have met my husband of almost seven years.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:27 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,599,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
That's why it really depends on what you use it for. I never had any intention of finind a long lasting relationship online. For me, it was an extremely efficient way to find friends with benefits or random one nighters when I was in college up until a year ago. I met my current girl offline.
I found it to be good for all kinds of relationships. I met friends, one-nighters, long-term activity/hookup partners (I guess this would be called FWB, though I hate that term), and long-term serious girlfriends, all through dating sites.

Funny, though, I never did dating sites in college because there were so many other ways to meet and hookup with women there. (I was at a large state school.) It wasn't until I moved to a new location where I didn't know anyone as a working professional that I started using dating sites for all of the above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships