Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2013, 04:57 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Was successful? Finishing a degree does not make one successful.. and the fact you refer to successful as past tense obviously says something. No surprise there.

Not a mild freak out, just amusing how you constantly have used my girlfriends age in several threads to belittle her as being immature. Always amsuing when people leave so much of their personal info out of things and then bash others. Much easier when no one really knows anything about you..

You have made it very clear that you get shot down a TON. Ive made it very clear that I virtually never have had an issue meeting decent women. I have been on dates with hundredS of women over the last 5-6 years.

The fact that I have only liked 3 enough to consider a gf, and my current gf I have dated longer than the other 2 combined, obviously says a lot about her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
When I was 19 I thought I knew it all too. I don't consider myself successful right now because I'm working towards something that will make me VERY successful in the future and I'm definitely okay with that. And if you don't think having a degree is successful then why did you use your friends education and professions to bolster your point that 'people talk about their sex lives and that's ok'?

And yes, your 'game' and sexual prowess is so impressive!

Actually, people that brag about dating hundreds of people come off like they have to have companionship and can't be alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2013, 05:59 PM

570 posts, read 721,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Although if I went back, I don't think I would get rejected any less, I do think I could control the way rejection affected me. One of my problems is that when I was young I thought for some reason that if a woman got to know me well, I'd have it in the bag. Haha. Now I know that's not the case. Looks control so much.

So, I'd just swing away at women early in the game.

I would also definitely make sure I made real good money. And that'd definitely be possible if I were to go back.
Agreed. Took me a while to get this as well.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:13 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
When I was 19 I thought I knew it all too. I don't consider myself successful right now because I'm working towards something that will make me VERY successful in the future and I'm definitely okay with that. And if you don't think having a degree is successful then why did you use your friends education and professions to bolster your point that 'people talk about their sex lives and that's ok'?

And yes, your 'game' and sexual prowess is so impressive!

Actually, people that brag about dating hundreds of people come off like they have to have companionship and can't be alone.
Lol. "Going to be very successful" ive heard that before.

Old 10-08-2013, 12:08 AM

543 posts, read 533,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think I'd enjoy dating more if I didn't constantly get rejected. It's really difficult going on a ton of first dates and very rarely receiving a call back. Right now I'm in the longest 'relationship' I've been in in 4 years...and the second longest one I've been in in my life, and we've barely been seeing each other for 3 months now.

I think if I had luck and a lot of options I'd like dating more. As it is, I don't, so dating isn't fun for me.
Fascinating. Tell me more about how rough it is to actually get dates.

Old 10-08-2013, 03:59 AM

545 posts, read 400,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
pretty much this. A lot of women need 'mystery and excitement' to be turned on by a guy, when in reality the ones they should be marrying are the ones in their friend zone. Also a lot of 'good' men are shy and don't necessarily make the first move. Not all 'nice guys' are really nice though.. beware of the 'nice guy' label.. a lot of times 'nice guy' is just a code word for a guy with social or other inadequacies.
From my experience, I once dated a girl for a brief time, did everything for her, I mean everything. We even got intimate . Wanted to take it to a more serious level but I was sensing something was off. One day as we were on a bus heading somewhere some, angry thuggish looking dude saw us, he snapped his finger and she came running to him. Unbelievable, I couldn't get her to return a text and yet this unknown guy got such compliance from her. I asked her about him and she laughed in my face about it. After that she sorta broke things off with me to be with a typical thug/bad boy. To make a long story short he cheated, abused her and left her with a baby.

She now recently made contact with me several years later and we have been talking. She is way more thoughtful and caring about me. Like she asked me "how was your day?". Never, never asked me such things before. Wants me to come over to have dinner with her and her parents and gets this actually picks up the phone and call me (even though it takes like 5 calls for me to finally pick up because I just don't care to hear anything from her). She is making a serious effort, way more of an effort then the time we actually were in a relationship.

But it's too late, I just don't care, the old me would have been by her side in a heartbeat but the new me, the one that has been through all kinds of crap (she wasn't the first to pull this), just do care about her anymore. So there, you wanna know where are all the good men? Oh they are there, you're just not good enough for them. They got sick of you crap and rejection of them for the so called "alphas" who treated you like a doormat. Now that you are all used and pass your expiration date you think you are still wanted by them? Besides what makes you think you are just entitled to good men?. Why?. What makes you special?.

My point is that people like to write off Nice Guys as complaining that they didn't get the girl and was rejected. No, I had the girl, did everything I could to keep her happy and she left me for the typical bad boy. Now that she has been used up and left with a kid she now has time for me?. It's way more then "Nice Guy Syndrome". For some reason girls want that "excitement" they think they can get with a bad boy. Some guys snap, some take it in better stride, some go in the whole mgtow thing. And no, that's not Nice Guys complaining, it's a sad reality.

If a man complains about the friendzone, then he is just a misogynistic creeper, but when a women who whine about where are all the good men, a complaint that is much, much older, well that is just legitimate criticism of the male species.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:33 AM

570 posts, read 721,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGold View Post
From my experience, I once dated a girl for a brief time, did everything for her, I mean everything. We even got intimate . Wanted to take it to a more serious level but I was sensing something was off. One day as we were on a bus heading somewhere some, angry thuggish looking dude saw us, he snapped his finger and she came running to him. Unbelievable, I couldn't get her to return a text and yet this unknown guy got such compliance from her. I asked her about him and she laughed in my face about it. After that she sorta broke things off with me to be with a typical thug/bad boy. To make a long story short he cheated, abused her and left her with a baby.

She now recently made contact with me several years later and we have been talking. She is way more thoughtful and caring about me. Like she asked me "how was your day?". Never, never asked me such things before. Wants me to come over to have dinner with her and her parents and gets this actually picks up the phone and call me (even though it takes like 5 calls for me to finally pick up because I just don't care to hear anything from her). She is making a serious effort, way more of an effort then the time we actually were in a relationship.

But it's too late, I just don't care, the old me would have been by her side in a heartbeat but the new me, the one that has been through all kinds of crap (she wasn't the first to pull this), just do care about her anymore. So there, you wanna know where are all the good men? Oh they are there, you're just not good enough for them. They got sick of you crap and rejection of them for the so called "alphas" who treated you like a doormat. Now that you are all used and pass your expiration date you think you are still wanted by them? Besides what makes you think you are just entitled to good men?. Why?. What makes you special?.

My point is that people like to write off Nice Guys as complaining that they didn't get the girl and was rejected. No, I had the girl, did everything I could to keep her happy and she left me for the typical bad boy. Now that she has been used up and left with a kid she now has time for me?. It's way more then "Nice Guy Syndrome". For some reason girls want that "excitement" they think they can get with a bad boy. Some guys snap, some take it in better stride, some go in the whole mgtow thing. And no, that's not Nice Guys complaining, it's a sad reality.

If a man complains about the friendzone, then he is just a misogynistic creeper, but when a women who whine about where are all the good men, a complaint that is much, much older, well that is just legitimate criticism of the male species.
Wow. If I were you, I wouldn't even waste time talking to her. I would've just told her to go kick rocks.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:40 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times
Quote:

You took her back after she got turned out by the "thug"? Wow, talk about low self esteem.

Old 10-08-2013, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
You took her back after she got turned out by the "thug"? Wow, talk about low self esteem.
hold on, i didn't say I took her back, where did I say that?. I was just talking to her, I barely do that....after all I am a "nice" guy. LOL

Old 10-08-2013, 06:09 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,380 times
Quote:

You have a few things confused. First, I hate the term "alpha" as many seem to misconstrue its actual meaning.

Being alpha does not mean he treats women as a doormat.

Being alpha in many ways means NOT being a doormat. She left you because you were a doormat. Like you said, she did NOTHING for you and you did EVERYTHING. You were a complete pushover. Theres a huge difference between being a nice guy and a complete pushover. She never asked you about your day or did seemingly anything for you.

You say the "new" you is different, yet you are still talking to her obviously somewhat regularly.

Being a pushover makes guys looks desparate. Most women don't want that desperate clingy feeling just like most guys don't.

While the "new" you wouldn't be by her side like the "old" you would've, it just shows further how desparate and a doormat the "old" you was.

Were you nicer? Sure. But with that came negative qualities as well.

Let me reiterate. Most good women want nice guys. Most guys on this forum think nice also includes being a pushover and putting a woman on a pedestal.

I can tell you many women will find you more attractive if you arent afraid to call them out when they are being irrational. Some women will even purposely test the boundries to see how desparate you seem. I can think of several women where I have put my foot down or actually made them leave my apartment and 5 minutes later I got a call asking if they could come back. Obviously that's a bit childish if they purposely test you, but it does have some value.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
You have a few things confused. First, I hate the term "alpha" as many seem to misconstrue its actual meaning.

Being alpha does not mean he treats women as a doormat.

Being alpha in many ways means NOT being a doormat. She left you because you were a doormat. Like you said, she did NOTHING for you and you did EVERYTHING. You were a complete pushover. Theres a huge difference between being a nice guy and a complete pushover. She never asked you about your day or did seemingly anything for you.

You say the "new" you is different, yet you are still talking to her obviously somewhat regularly.

Being a pushover makes guys looks desparate. Most women don't want that desperate clingy feeling just like most guys don't.

While the "new" you wouldn't be by her side like the "old" you would've, it just shows further how desparate and a doormat the "old" you was.

Were you nicer? Sure. But with that came negative qualities as well.

Let me reiterate. Most good women want nice guys. Most guys on this forum think nice also includes being a pushover and putting a woman on a pedestal.

I can tell you many women will find you more attractive if you arent afraid to call them out when they are being irrational. Some women will even purposely test the boundries to see how desparate you seem. I can think of several women where I have put my foot down or actually made them leave my apartment and 5 minutes later I got a call asking if they could come back. Obviously that's a bit childish if they purposely test you, but it does have some value.

Oh blow it out of your backside. She is the one who is trying to re-initiate a relationship with me. If I was such a pushover, and yeah maybe I was, then why is she trying like hell to talk and get back with me if it was so bad for her? I have moved on and harbor no ill will towards her anything, I just don't care anymore.

This is a recurring thing, they get used up by the alphas or whatever the hell you want to call them and come running back to the boring old stable types. Fine, you left me because I was a "pushover". Fine, I get that, but oh why do these women have to be with these "bad boys"?. You rejected me, fine, whatever but does that mean you have to mess with someone you have to get a restraining order on at some point? She had one guy pull a gun on her, another one punched her in the mouth so hard she couldn't chew for like 2 weeks. Yeah, but I am just a sad pushover who couldn't put his foot down so she had no choice?. "You were too clingy", fine, whatever, so why are you with someone who just got out of jail for domestic violance?

Like I said, you can try to make this into a "nice guy syndrome" but it's way more then that, when you pass "nice guys" that's one thing, but when you pass them to be with some a**hole, well that just doesn't make any sense.

And yeah, I am still talking to her, mainly because I am still a nice guy, can't really change that. Mainly because she seems so helpless. And I said talking, as in actually talking, she keeps trying to get me to go out with her but I refuse. Again when she was young and in her prime, she didn't want me, now that she has lost some much of her freshness and tightness and all emotional scared after being tossed around by losers.......suddenly I don't look so bad. Not sure what point you were trying to make.

Put it this way, she isn't the only single mother running around screaming "where are all the good men?". You passed them up during the height of your child-bearing years and physical prime for the alphas (sorry, don't care if you don't like that term). Now they are sitting there saying "all man are dogs" and stuff like that.

That is what gets to me, the whole "nice guys are really just pushovers and no woman wants that, they want a take charge, confident, real man". So why the hell are they running around with these a**holes?

Last edited by EricGold; 10-08-2013 at 07:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships