Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 05:37 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,122,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
Have any guys answered this thread question? (other then the gay one?) I'd like to know from a man's standpoint what they think about showing their vulnerability in crying
Just thought I'd say...you know gay men are still men, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 05:51 PM

3,401 posts, read 13,345,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Just thought I'd say...you know gay men are still men, right?
yup. I'm interested in the opinion of straight men. not men that make it a point to (sometimes) be the more feminine of the couple on purpose (or unintentionally), versus the butch, etc... because the original question was

Quote:
So what happens to us guys when our hearts are broken? Do our hearts get broken? Mine has never been and I am going for 30. As for my other few guy friends when they do get dumped they just get angry and then its over, no long grief over lost love. But then again thats just a mere handful of experiences I ve witinessed. So what does happen to most guys when their hearts are broken?
With no offense intended towards gay men I'm looking for the majority of straight men here, not the minority of gay. Being the lovely CD Land that it is, one of the great things about this thread is that you'll get all SORTS of answers from everyone under the sun... I just wish we had some straight men answering the original question ..where's da jammer or Aksarben when ya need them!

Old 11-18-2007, 07:36 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,685,125 times
Well...I've been married once...and had 2 girlfriends as well since like age 8. The first GF broke my heart...but I don't remember crying about it. In all it was a good thing. We are still good friends to this day even tho it goes a year between running into each other. The exwife I'm not gonna go into here but, it was a cheating thing and I was so pissed it never occured to me to cry. The 2nd GF turned out to be a dramatic alchy queen and I was just so relieved to get her out of my life I darn near cried when I finally did. I usually end up more mad at myself than feeling sorry for myself and crying. My current GF...if anyone could make me cry she will be the one. Weather it be because she marries me...or has our child...or something of that nature. It will be tears of joy not heartbreak.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:03 AM

327 posts, read 752,987 times
A lot of guys sit around and feel sorry for themselves at first. Following that, they go out, get drunk, and look for cheap thrills to help them get over it.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:23 AM

10,156 posts, read 11,118,629 times
I've seen many men cry - No, I'm not a gay man, or a man!!!

Old 11-19-2007, 11:28 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,685,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
I've seen many men cry - No, I'm not a gay man, or a man!!!
Then you must be a heartbreaking woman!

Old 11-19-2007, 11:32 AM

10,156 posts, read 11,118,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Then you must be a heartbreaking woman!

No - just have lots of guy friends!!!

Old 11-19-2007, 02:32 PM

2,356 posts, read 3,453,771 times
I just mope, have mixed angry/sad feelings, and generally feel hopeless - like from now on, everything will mean less to me (even though I know this isn't true). However, I can physically make myself cry, and if I do that, I feel better. But strangely, I never feel compelled to cry, and I can easily control whether I do or not.

Old 11-19-2007, 03:04 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,132,533 times
I think broken-hearted men get drunk and then engage in cheap, tawdry affairs. They get depressed and resentful but not really teary.

The first girl to break my heart did it when we were classmates in the fifties (in kindergarten!). She married a grammar school classmate of mine and at a reunion two years ago said she still remembered me. I wonder.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:11 PM

394 posts, read 1,004,855 times
i moved 3 hundred miles away because i couldn't stand the thought of running into her on the street with somebody else! i told myself there was other reasons for the move but in hindsight that was without doubt the main reason for the move. maybe the only reason.

7 years later i moved back here [another 3 hundred miles] about a year after another breakup. there was several reasons for the second move but she was no doubt [in hindsight] one of them. i've decided for the sake of stability to never get involved again

but i don't remember crying over them. it's not a macho thing, but i just don't cry easily at all. i will say crying came easier when i was younger for some reason
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships