Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 01:14 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,376,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew_311 View Post
Thing is, I haven't been here before. I'm 41 and never had a gf, if you can believe that. Anyways, she still hasn't responded. So I guess that's considered a fail.
Look at it this way: the other day you were freaking out about going somewhere alone. So you did, and you had fun, and you hit it off with someone. I'd say that's a win from where you were a couple of days ago, even if you never hear from her again.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:21 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,134,329 times
Quote:
No, I'm not bipolar. I was just really drunk last night when I posted this thread. I'm an idiot. That's my official diagnosis.

Mistakes happen, no big deal, move on and be smarter next time. No need to put yourself down for making a mistake. You can't predict the future. So the only way to make anything happen is through trial and error. So it's kind of pointless to call ourselves dumb for making a mistake when we can't be perfect in the first place. Being human is making mistakes. It's a given. It's normal.

Last edited by LoveWisdom; 10-09-2013 at 01:33 PM..

Old 10-09-2013, 01:30 PM

115 posts, read 151,506 times
Maybe I could meet a nice girl on CD like Rance did.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:37 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:

You could try Thailand.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You could try Thailand.
Nah, I'm poor. Couldn't afford it. I need to find a nice girl who has lots of money so that she won't care what's in my bank account.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:40 PM

16,904 posts, read 16,123,046 times
Quote:

Maybe just sit at a table in Denny's and wait?

Old 10-09-2013, 01:42 PM

537 posts, read 1,242,844 times
Quote:
You really think I come on here and just make up stories? Why? Aren't troll stories supposed to make people mad? I would be a horrible troll because I don't really have anything to tell that would upset anyone, except me maybe.
You upset me, because you expect people to feel sorry for you, and I have no patience for people like that. You want to improve your life? Then start with one thing that you know you CAN do.

You complain about your weight. Walk for thirty minutes each day. Create a food plan that you can stick to. Count your calories. Get a trainer.

You complain that no one is interested in you. It's really easy when you're not even interested in yourself. From what you write, you have invested no time in learning about yourself, just in what other people don't like.

You complain about being alone. Being alone doesn't have to be lonely. If you can't experience the world from your point of view without feeling pangs of isolation, then the problem isn't a lack of people. It's that you can't seem to understand that most of life is spent alone. If you can't just be human and on your own, then I can't fathom the kind of life you're living.

I cannot believe stories like this, not because they aren't true but because I cannot believe you have gone your whole life victimizing yourself and not realizing that you are the root of your problem. What does Megan say in Bridesmaids? "You are your problem, but you are also your solution."

Old 10-09-2013, 01:45 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Nah, I'm poor. Couldn't afford it. I need to find a nice girl who has lots of money so that she won't care what's in my bank account.

Please come back at 51 and complain again then as with this attitude things won't change (if you're not a troll).

If you're a single guy in good health, there is no reason to be "poor", really. You can easily work 80hrs a week and do at least decently.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkwithwords View Post
You upset me, because you expect people to feel sorry for you, and I have no patience for people like that. You want to improve your life? Then start with one thing that you know you CAN do.

You complain about your weight. Walk for thirty minutes each day. Create a food plan that you can stick to. Count your calories. Get a trainer.

You complain that no one is interested in you. It's really easy when you're not even interested in yourself. From what you write, you have invested no time in learning about yourself, just in what other people don't like.

You complain about being alone. Being alone doesn't have to be lonely. If you can't experience the world from your point of view without feeling pangs of isolation, then the problem isn't a lack of people. It's that you can't seem to understand that most of life is spent alone. If you can't just be human and on your own, then I can't fathom the kind of life you're living.

I cannot believe stories like this, not because they aren't true but because I cannot believe you have gone your whole life victimizing yourself and not realizing that you are the root of your problem. What does Megan say in Bridesmaids? "You are your problem, but you are also your solution."
Thanks for your post. I know I do come off as rather pathetic. But that's how I feel most of the time. Trust me, if you woke up in my apartment, with my body and went to my job everyday, you would feel pathetic too. I am on a new exercise routine, I'm honestly trying to have a better life. But it's really, really hard. Basically my mom is the only person in my life. And she is great. But that's not enough to keep me motivated. But I'm am cautiously optimistic about my future.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:58 PM

537 posts, read 1,242,844 times
Quote:
Thanks for your post. I know I do come off as rather pathetic. But that's how I feel most of the time. Trust me, if you woke up in my apartment, with my body and went to my job everyday, you would feel pathetic too. I am on a new exercise routine, I'm honestly trying to have a better life. But it's really, really hard. Basically my mom is the only person in my life. And she is great. But that's not enough to keep me motivated. But I'm am cautiously optimistic about my future.
I used to be 350 pounds, had no relationship prospects, and was stuck living in a really awful situation. For years, I did what you did. I thought the same thoughts. I'm younger than you, but I identify with your situation. But no amount of preparation will help you if you don't just shut up and do it.

In June of 2011, I decided to just start walking. And then I started eating healthy. Then I started finding hobbies that I always wanted to do but never thought I could. I moved out on my own, found the love of my life, and now I'm in a brand new city living the life I always wanted. Didn't get there by using the same thinking I had.

You're only pathetic because you feel that way. Quit assuming that feeling this way is a valid excuse to barely exist in this world and live.

Do you understand how valuable your life is, regardless of how you feel about it? YOU should be your own motivation. If you expect someone to come around and motivate you, then no wonder you're in the same place. You've already wasted so much time in your life expecting others to see your value. Don't you realize that all of that validation should come from you?

I'm going to laugh at myself if you're actually a troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships