Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2013, 04:55 PM

924 posts, read 1,642,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
Once again, the ones with the least experience screaming the loudest about how it really is.

You are in college. It's a Thursday. Are you gonna stay home and whine on the internet or are you going out?
I have a class at 8 in the am so no I won't be going out tonight. chill with the condescension broski.

Old 10-10-2013, 04:58 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,847,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Not defensive. Not taking it personally. I've never had a problem attracting men. I've also dated men that ranged vastly in looks. I just don't really understand how anyone can say that women care about looks more than men do. And once again - this is not saying that men are shallower or more superficial. It is what it is.
Probably because they've never had anybody they've been attracted to be physically attracted to them or call them cute or hot, so they think women are too picky.

Makes sense, right?

Quote:
Once again, the ones with the least experience screaming the loudest about how it really is.

You are in college. It's a Thursday. Are you gonna stay home and whine on the internet or are you going out?
Well, college for me was before the internet (before it was fast anyway). College is a rough place for guys who have problems with women. Women that young REALLY only care about looks. I mean now, almost age 40, I'll admit it's a bit different, but back then, forget it. I mean, I can remember trying to talk to women and they would just totally ignore me. I mean that still sorta happens every now and then, but not often and not so blatantly.

Even the nice girls in college chased after the hot dudes. Back then, a lot of those women were after just sex too.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:02 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,350,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You can see it that way if you want to. But I would say that the majority of people would agree that men care more about looks than women. And I would also say that the majority of men that put all the blame for everything on women are bitter.
I actually agree with you, BUT, guys that are good looking do better with women. It's a fact of life.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:04 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,350,032 times
Quote:

He experiences the short end of the stick. Do you ever contribute or just troll threads?

Old 10-10-2013, 05:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,827,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
He experiences the short end of the stick. Do you ever contribute or just troll threads?
He does?

Old 10-10-2013, 05:09 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,673,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeViolationMcEnroe View Post
It's not socially acceptable for men to "beautify" themselves. But guys put a lot more money and time into their looks than you might imagine. The only guys who don't put time and money into their looks are guys who are great looking (and know it) or so ugly that they don't see a point in trying (same as ugly women who let themselves become slobs). Most guys spend time in the gym, money on haircuts, money on teeth whitening, their entire life savings on hair transplants and hair loss medication, time in the sauna to try and clear out their pores, etc. Guys are just more discreet about their beautification. If you're ever at guy's house and you're using his bathroom, go through his drawers and you'll probably see tweezers, teeth whitening kits, topical acne medication, etc.
Understood, but the beauty industry for men doesn't hold a candle to women's. This is because our looks are more important than men's are. I'm not saying women don't care at all (that would be ludicrous), just that men care more.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:12 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,991,667 times
Men seem to care more.

I do have preferences, but I'm happy if a guy can just handle my height and sense of humor.

Old 10-10-2013, 05:12 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,847,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
He does?
If there were a guy who had all of his male friends coming up to him and telling him "Hey. Raena, Jillabean, and Dewdrop think you're really cute."

Then, do you think he'd be on an Internet Forum complaining that women care about looks too much?

Old 10-10-2013, 05:16 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,981,527 times
ffs of course they don't care more than men

christ

Old 10-10-2013, 05:22 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,827,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
If there were a guy who had all of his male friends coming up to him and telling him "Hey. Raena, Jillabean, and Dewdrop think you're really cute."

Then, do you think he'd be on an Internet Forum complaining that women care about looks too much?
Maybe he is just feeling around the forum. Hmmmm..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.