Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2013, 09:11 AM

71 posts, read 91,146 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, haven't been on here in a little bit but am interested in your opinion on a certain matter.

I met this girl this summer, we hung out, talked everyday, and went on 10 dates or so over the course of a month and a half. I knew before getting involved with her that she already had a job lined up in a city a few hours away (different state as well). She stopped talking to me kind of abruptly because she didn't want either of us to get hurt by getting more attached and seeing me was making it hard on her.

This was back in the middle of July. I haven't really said a word to her since and the last time she initiated some sort of contact was the first week of August when she moved. I thought about her a lot for that first month she was gone and have been slowly thinking about her less...but I still do.

Anyways, just recently, I was notified by my work that they want me to meet up with a client out in her city coming up in a few weeks. I'll be there for at least a night or two and will definitely try to enjoy the night scene when I'm done with my work.

So, since I'll be in her neck of the woods, do I contact her, tell her I'm in town for business, and try to catch up with her for a drink or let it be? I feel that it would be nice to see her and just to see how she's doing out there but I'm also thinking that because it's been so long, she might not even have my number saved anymore or might not want to hear from me, so in that case, at the very worst, I'd know where I stand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 09:26 AM

11,784 posts, read 12,020,964 times
There's no harm in contacting her and seeing if she's available for a drink or dinner. It doesn't mean you want a relationship, but it's a nice opportunity to catch up. Sounds like you parted ways because of distance, so I don't imagine there's any reason she wouldn't want to hear from you.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:30 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,989,307 times
Who cares what happens, message her. Worst case she doesn't reply. Best case, you get travel booty.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:50 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateguy8 View Post
Hey guys, haven't been on here in a little bit but am interested in your opinion on a certain matter.

I met this girl this summer, we hung out, talked everyday, and went on 10 dates or so over the course of a month and a half. I knew before getting involved with her that she already had a job lined up in a city a few hours away (different state as well). She stopped talking to me kind of abruptly because she didn't want either of us to get hurt by getting more attached and seeing me was making it hard on her.

This was back in the middle of July. I haven't really said a word to her since and the last time she initiated some sort of contact was the first week of August when she moved. I thought about her a lot for that first month she was gone and have been slowly thinking about her less...but I still do.

Anyways, just recently, I was notified by my work that they want me to meet up with a client out in her city coming up in a few weeks. I'll be there for at least a night or two and will definitely try to enjoy the night scene when I'm done with my work.

So, since I'll be in her neck of the woods, do I contact her, tell her I'm in town for business, and try to catch up with her for a drink or let it be? I feel that it would be nice to see her and just to see how she's doing out there but I'm also thinking that because it's been so long, she might not even have my number saved anymore or might not want to hear from me, so in that case, at the very worst, I'd know where I stand.
Call her now and tell her you'll be coming in a couple weeks. Don't wait til you get there, she might have plans. Good luck!

Old 10-10-2013, 09:59 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,990,374 times
Go for it. Just make sure you tell her that your work is sending you, so she doesn't think you are suggesting you come to town just to see her. That would be violating her boundaries and she would feel creeped out.

Any chance your work will be sending you there often?

Old 10-10-2013, 10:20 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,200,270 times
You have nothing to lose by asking but don't be hurt if she declines. Sounds like she cut it off the first time because she wasn't interested in being "friends" or in a LD relationship so she viewed it as a dead-end. Visiting doesn't change that.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:01 AM

71 posts, read 91,146 times
Thanks for the replies guys. This will in all likelihood be a one time trip to her area with the job I'm currently in.

I'm a little nervous to contact her just because it's been awhile (roughly 3 months with no form of contact) and not sure how she'll feel about me being in her city and contacting her. Then again, I feel like I have nothing to lose, whether she responds or not, it really doesn't make a difference or change my current situation all that much. If she doesn't respond or says she's busy, I don't see her. If she responds and says sure, I see her and it might open the door up to being friends once again.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:32 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times
Quote:

I think you should contact her.

If she is interested in meeting then it's all good.

You never want to go through life thinking, "I wonder IF?"

Just do it!!!!!

Tell her you will be in town and want to know if she would like to meet up sometime while you are there.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:41 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,225,548 times
I'm with the majority. Contact her, tell her you'll be in her city on business, and ask if you can see her for drinks or dinner while you're there. No harm in asking.

Old 10-14-2013, 08:43 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Quote:

Do it.

[maybe she's been thinking of you, too]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships