Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 02:09 PM

1,102 posts, read 1,346,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
I am very sorry that you feel the need to justify yourself to me. I am sorry that you think I said you were a db. I am sorry that you pretty much completely misread everything I said. I am sorry that you feel the need to resort to ad homs because your feelings are hurt.

The truth of the matter is that you simply have not read what I have written or cannot understand it.
You didn't a single nail on the head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 02:12 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,960,688 times
Do you think that men are the same way -- that the worst possible information on what they are attracted to and why comes from themselves?

My comment was based on experience counseling women who have had sex in that situation. They have the physiological and psychological markers that indicate the sex was traumatic to them. I know this can be upsetting to hear, and the instinctive reaction is to hope that it is not true.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Do you think that men are the same way -- that the worst possible information on what they are attracted to and why comes from themselves?

My comment was based on experience counseling women who have had sex in that situation. They have the physiological and psychological markers that indicate the sex was traumatic to them. I know this can be upsetting to hear, and the instinctive reaction is to hope that it is not true.
Yeah, Idk, I don't give dating advice much to women and I don't read what the men that give you that advice say. Maybe it's wrong, IDK.

I'll say two things. This was the first time he ever yelled at her. She is not some conditioned abused wife. I highly doubt it was in a state of appeseal but who knows.

Secondly, I had a situation back in college that rings some truth to this. Somebody busted a door down at this party and this girl was adamant I did it. I didn't. Things got heated and I aggresively was yelling at her for blaming me for something I didn't do. A week later I saw the same girl at another party. She approached me and we got to talking and she ended up telling me how sexy she thought I was after our little fight. We ended up together that night. She had no reason to appease me. We were not in any sort of relationship. She was just turned on by my show of aggression. This is something I highly doubt you will agree with.

Old 10-11-2013, 02:55 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,004,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
I think you should not be so bothered there are men out there no longer being trampled by their wives and they have game to thank for it
You should not be so bothered that there are men who have honor, who don't need or want games and deceit. Men who have never been trampled by anyone. I suspect you'll just keep telling yourself the lies though, that's a lot easier than taking the harder road.

Not that you'll understand a word I wrote. You still think scaring some poor slob in a bar and getting laid through the pretense of being a man actually makes you one when nothing could be further from the truth. The last word is yours, I've no more time for you.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
You should not be so bothered that there are men who have honor, who don't need or want games and deceit. Men who have never been trampled by anyone. I suspect you'll just keep telling yourself the lies though, that's a lot easier than taking the harder road.

Not that you'll understand a word I wrote. You still think scaring some poor slob in a bar and getting laid through the pretense of being a man actually makes you one when nothing could be further from the truth. The last word is yours, I've no more time for you.
Scaring a someone in the bar and getting laid? What? If you're refering to the girl in my college story, we were yelling at eachother at party, not a bar. She was actually grade A evil bish that night. She wasn't scared of me. I don't fight in bars or try to intimdate other guys either.....not sure where you're coming from with the anger.

Making a non sequitur and running doesn't make you a man either. It's not games or deceit. If you actually read the thread and didn't go ape sht with your game denial, you'd see that.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:05 PM

51,904 posts, read 52,298,983 times
Quote:
Scaring a someone in the bar and getting laid? What? If you're refering to the girl in my college story, we were yelling at eachother. She was actually grade A evil bish that night. She wasn't scared of me.

Making a non sequitur and running doesn't make you a man either. It's not games or deceit. If you actually read the thread and didn't go ape sht with your game denial, you'd see that.
This "game" stuff you are blathering about has been around a long time before you and me, it was also known as just having "charm."

That is part of the problem with being younger, I'm not super old, but when you are especially younger, everyone thinks that things they "discover" are new...

Nothing is really new.... mostly rehashed thoughts or slight variations on the same base concepts.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:09 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,129,204 times
Quote:
You didn't a single nail on the head.

LOL. Well at least I formed a sentence.

Jayne Cobb: Wha - are you-are you sayin' she's a witch?
Hoban 'Wash' Washburne: Yes, Jayne. She's a witch. She has had congress with the Beast.
Jayne Cobb: She's in Congress?
Hoban 'Wash' Washburne: How did your brain even learn human speech? I'm just so curious.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
This "game" stuff you are blathering about has been around a long time before you and me, it was also known as just having "charm."

That is part of the problem with being younger, I'm not super old, but when you are especially younger, everyone thinks that things they "discover" are new...

Nothing is really new.... mostly rehashed thoughts or slight variations on the same base concepts.
Never said it was new. I rather agree with you.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
LOL. Well at least I formed a sentence.

Jayne Cobb: Wha - are you-are you sayin' she's a witch?
Hoban 'Wash' Washburne: Yes, Jayne. She's a witch. She has had congress with the Beast.
Jayne Cobb: She's in Congress?
Hoban 'Wash' Washburne: How did your brain even learn human speech? I'm just so curious.
I missed a word and you're going after grammar now? Reaching.

Old 10-11-2013, 03:17 PM

14,771 posts, read 17,044,853 times
Quote:
Scaring a someone in the bar and getting laid? What? If you're refering to the girl in my college story, we were yelling at eachother at party, not a bar. She was actually grade A evil bish that night. She wasn't scared of me. I don't fight in bars or try to intimdate other guys either.....not sure where you're coming from with the anger.

Actually, it is games. I read that link posted and my reaction was - what a load of crap

Imagine a "man" so vapid his two options are to what was it, "take ****" OR be a wanker

It's simple : learn how to communicate and treat others as you expect to be treated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships