Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 05:51 PM

212 posts, read 858,901 times

Advertisements

I met this guy a few weeks ago at a bar and we exchanged numbers. We texted a few times back and forth and went out on a casual date saturday night, and it's now Tuesday and I haven't heard anything from the guy. The date went OK. We talked over a few drinks and parted ways (it was 2am and the date got a late start). Honestly I wasn't even thinking it was a date at first, but it definitely felt like one once the night started. He also paid for the whole thing. I do like him more now after this date than before, however I haven't heard anything from him and it's been 3 days. So it looks like to me he lost interest. Curious to see how long your significant others got in contact or for the guys, how long it took you to text or call after the first date. I'm interested in getting to know more about him now, and seeing some potential after the other night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 05:54 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Why don't you call him?

I rarely get any call/texts after a first date, so it's always a shock when it happens. With the guy I'm currently seeing he contacted about 8 days afterwards. I had thrown him into the 'he's not interested pile' so that surprised me.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:17 PM

212 posts, read 858,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Why don't you call him?

I rarely get any call/texts after a first date, so it's always a shock when it happens. With the guy I'm currently seeing he contacted about 8 days afterwards. I had thrown him into the 'he's not interested pile' so that surprised me.
Yeah I've had first dates before where there was no follow up but I felt nothing (no connection, didn't spark any interest, etc.) and I'm sure the feeling was mutual so it's not even a thought. But this one sparked some interest...so if the feeling was mutual..., but maybe it wasn't.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:17 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkbr View Post
I met this guy a few weeks ago at a bar and we exchanged numbers. We texted a few times back and forth and went out on a casual date saturday night, and it's now Tuesday and I haven't heard anything from the guy. The date went OK. We talked over a few drinks and parted ways (it was 2am and the date got a late start). Honestly I wasn't even thinking it was a date at first, but it definitely felt like one once the night started. He also paid for the whole thing. I do like him more now after this date than before, however I haven't heard anything from him and it's been 3 days. So it looks like to me he lost interest. Curious to see how long your significant others got in contact or for the guys, how long it took you to text or call after the first date. I'm interested in getting to know more about him now, and seeing some potential after the other night.
While I don't like the 'if (s)he's interested, (s)he'll let you know/call/text' philosophy, it's usually accurate. I don't necessarily follow that method myself, but have found it to be correct in most (but not all) cases.

You should contact this guy and assess things based on his reaction. If you send him a casual text (either generic 'how was your day' or something specific to your date/talk with him), you can get a sense of his interest based on his response (or lack thereof). You can call or text but texting might be easier since it puts less pressure on him and he has already gone a few days without contacting you.

It seems like you're in the situation where it doesn't look good, but you don't know for certain. IMO, it's better to reach out to him and get shot down than sit and wait. Just send one text or call him once (+ VM if he doesn't answer) and then let him get back to you.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:15 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Some guys believe that they have to wait 3 days or they seem overeager. (Is this a PUA thing)?

Me, if I don't hear from them within 24 hours I figure they are not THAT interested.

Yes, text him. Maybe he dropped his phone in the river like a woman friend of mine once did.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:19 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Some guys believe that they have to wait 3 days or they seem overeager. (Is this a PUA thing)?

Me, if I don't hear from them within 24 hours I figure they are not THAT interested.

Yes, text him. Maybe he dropped his phone in the river like a woman friend of mine once did.
I used to think this way. I didn't want to seem too needy or attached. Now, very much removed from the dating scene, I think this is silly.

If I was single, I would hope to receive some kind of communication a day or two after a good date. I don't really want to play games.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:21 PM

37,614 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
For each time that I actually saw the guy again, I was contacted the very next day.

After 3 days, I'd be moving along, for sure.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:28 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
The phone works both ways. It sounds like he hasn't contacted you, but you haven't contacted him, either. Reach out if you're interested. If not, move on.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:01 AM

25 posts, read 89,844 times
After one hour. He was fast

Old 05-15-2013, 04:39 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Text him.

There is no set rule.

Just text him.

"Just thinking about you and the fun time I had last week."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships