Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2013, 09:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,616 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

I have a bit of a long story to tell and hopefully you all can help give my some advice or at-least a new perspective. Here I go.

So I started dating a girl about 7 months ago now. We are very similar, have very similar interests in sports, work, music, comedy, what we like to do for fun etc... everything is going great, we go on a few road-trips and big events, we meet each others family, lots of affection, cuddling, sex etc... Literally nothing wrong, no arguments or fights.

Then completely out of no where/no warning, she breaks up with me.

She contacts me the very next day and we kinda text a little although I tried to not text back anything but very short answers

2 weeks later she text me that shes in the hospital. I go and visit her ASAP and she was very happy to see me, and explains that she had gone anorexic and didnt want me to find out. I just held her and comforted each-other until the nurse kicked me out. She was in the hospital for almost 3 weeks (I visited between 1-2 times/week) getting counseling and help and when she finally got out I honestly (wrongly) expected that we would get back together.

We went mini-golfing and had an awesome time, didnt feel awkward, lots of laughs, but afterwards she told me that she had to focus on working out all of her past issues with family, friends (one of her best friends got raped by her youth pastor etc...) and that she felt that she couldnt be with anyone, but that she loves spending time with me.

We hangout pretty regularly, usually about once/week, give or take and we always have fun (things like yoga, cooking, sporting events).

I want to stress that I am NOT in love with her, although i care about her a lot and so have strong romantic feelings that lead me to believe that we could fall in love and be very happy together. If we never saw each other again, I would be very sad, but between the original break-up and now I have had a few dates with different women so I would not say im desperate. I also feel its important to mention that I legitimately enjoy hanging out with her and although they never end with us getting back together I never regret for 1 second going and doing things with her.

Its been about a month since she got out of the hospital and I know this might take a while. Im sure she knows I would love to get back together and im just not sure where to go from here as I know anorexia and all the things that caused it for her are things she might have to deal with for the rest of her life. but she is special to me and I want to be there for her as her man.

any feed-back would be great, thanks for listening/reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 09:54 PM

809 posts, read 1,269,279 times
Consider this charity work and move on, man. Blessed are those who help the anorexic and needy.

LMAO @ youth "pastor"

Old 10-10-2013, 10:12 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,965,961 times
Assume that it will take her about 5 years before she is ready to date anyone again. Maybe longer.

And when she does, she will want to start with someone she has never met before, to take her mind off the difficult time she has been through, and probably just be casual. By year 7 or so she might be ready to look for someone to be serious about.

So, if you figure that is how it is going to go, what do you want to do now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships