Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2013, 03:43 PM

8 posts, read 27,384 times

Advertisements

So here is the story.
I met a guy a month ago. He sat next to me in class, we started talking and got along well, then he asked for my nb and added me on fb and since then, he is always trying to talk to me, which is nice, but also a but surprising. I'm not really used to that kind of attention. The thing is, he really comes to talk to me online every day, and usually if i wouldn't stop him we'd talk for hours. He is very nice and sweet to me, he also often tries to see me. Like he always wants to come to lunch with me (even though he'd have a few friends to go with i believe), he asks me on walks, he also tried to invite me to his room and his hometown one or twice, for various reasons. Thing is, i kind of always refuse the invitations cause it scares me a bit... so the only thing we do is having lunch together (with my friends) almost every day, and writing to each other on facebook. I know it's stupid but I'm not used to this kind of attention, it feels a bit overwhelming, but i do think he is very charming, cute, nice... and well, i'm starting to actually crush on him.

However, i'm always bad at reading signs, does he look serious, do you think he could have an interest in me, like a romantic one, feelings ....? he said flirty things also, like joking about taking me to a romantic date, or teasing/complimenting me...
or does it look like things guys would do to befriend someone etc and i'm overthinking this... what do u think is going through his mind ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 03:54 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,839,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofie18 View Post
So here is the story.
I met a guy a month ago. He sat next to me in class, we started talking and got along well, then he asked for my nb and added me on fb and since then, he is always trying to talk to me, which is nice, but also a but surprising. I'm not really used to that kind of attention. The thing is, he really comes to talk to me online every day, and usually if i wouldn't stop him we'd talk for hours. He is very nice and sweet to me, he also often tries to see me. Like he always wants to come to lunch with me (even though he'd have a few friends to go with i believe), he asks me on walks, he also tried to invite me to his room and his hometown one or twice, for various reasons. Thing is, i kind of always refuse the invitations cause it scares me a bit... so the only thing we do is having lunch together (with my friends) almost every day, and writing to each other on facebook. I know it's stupid but I'm not used to this kind of attention, it feels a bit overwhelming, but i do think he is very charming, cute, nice... and well, i'm starting to actually crush on him.

However, i'm always bad at reading signs, does he look serious, do you think he could have an interest in me, like a romantic one, feelings ....? he said flirty things also, like joking about taking me to a romantic date, or teasing/complimenting me...
or does it look like things guys would do to befriend someone etc and i'm overthinking this... what do u think is going through his mind ?
What are you in high school?

Wow. Mod cut: Rude.

Ask him out.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-11-2013 at 04:30 PM..

Old 10-11-2013, 04:01 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,000,491 times
Mod cut: Orphaned.

OP, take him up on his next invitation when asked out. He does sound interested.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 10-11-2013 at 04:31 PM..

Old 10-11-2013, 04:34 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,941,789 times
Quote:
So here is the story.

All in one months time.... thats a lot of invites.

I remember those days. Being that age, meeting so many new people... all the distractions. Not knowing if someone is actually interested.... haha.

I would guess he is making a strong move to get to know you. He may have romantic interests. But, he may just like you as a friend.
Honestly, it's hard to say unless I saw how he acted in social situations. Is he awkward ? Then maybe you are is only friend. Is he smooth at your lunches with your friends ? Then perhaps he likes you.

Typically when a guy asks out a woman to do one on one stuff, he likes her, and he hopes she likes him. There are exceptions.

A guy can try to hang out with you and not have romantic interests, but inviting you home is confusing things there.
However, I have met the family of women friends before and never dated the woman, so it is hard to tell.

Basically, if you are crushing on the guy, and he asks you out, say yes. But, if you are not crushing on him, keep rejecting him. In fact, if he keeps asking you out, and he doesnt get the hint, and it gets awkward, tell him straight up, "I like you as a friend and I like hanging out with you, but I'm not looking to date right now." He will either get offended, or he will be cool with it (or pretend to be cool with it).

If he wants to know why... haha, good luck.

Old 10-11-2013, 05:48 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,463,961 times
Quote:
So here is the story.

Men almost never go out of their way to befriend women unless they have a romantic and/or sexual motive. I mean, almost never. That goes times 10 for young guys. I am sure he is interested and won't mind your crushing on him.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:06 PM

13,513 posts, read 19,196,038 times
For sure Sofie18 , he likes you, he likes you a lot!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships