Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 02:16 PM

3,201 posts, read 4,408,008 times

Advertisements

get a treadmill, pick a workout preset

no soda

drink alot of water

lbs will melt off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 04:11 PM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Haha I would too. I think she pulls it off okay but I wouldn't want that much fat on my stomach or legs. I personally would not want to be as big as her because I would feel fat but like I said she is pretty women despite her size.
Oh she is definitely pretty! Having a few extra pounds doesn't prevent someone from being appealing. I just am not comfortable with it, for me.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:27 PM

769 posts, read 976,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Oh she is definitely pretty! Having a few extra pounds doesn't prevent someone from being appealing. I just am not comfortable with it, for me.
That is me...now that I got the taste of being at the size I want to be it is real hard to be where I am at right now. I have gotten more active with riding 5 or 6 days a week. That makes me eat better, and more likely to hit gym. Thankfully I build lean muscle mass quickly...

Old 10-18-2013, 12:02 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmeejo View Post
I am but I don't mind ebcause I don't want anyone being in a relationship with me while I am like this. and no guy around me i actually liked so i am fine with it.

Really? Then what was the point of starting your own thread about long distance relationships, being obese, unemployed and wanting to meet this long distance man "before he loses interest" except you can't because you are obese, unemployed and "I don't want him to see me like this"? Which is what you stated in the thread you started.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:12 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I have to disagree. Physical appearance absolutely DOES give people an "edge". It doesn't mean that those without the more "appealing" attributes are out of luck, it just means they might have to work a bit harder or be a bit more creative in their pursuit of said things.

Not even close in my personal experience physical appearance does not give anyone and "edge" over anyone else.
I have had more male attention over the years at all weights and it was not just for sex because "I'm easy and desperate because I was overweight".
I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I can take or leave a relationship because it has never been a top priority for me "to have a man".
I live my life and do what I do and if I had a boyfriend or husband great, if I didn't great.
My husband is great and I am so blessed that he is part of my life but I was single for 10 years before he came along and was not looking for a date let along a boyfriend, relationship or husband.

Everyone can say until the cows come home and the moon is blue that physical appearance gives one person an edge or the other but I will always disagree because of my own personal experience with men and women as well. I have been asked out by a lot of women as well as men, I thanked them for the compliment and gracefully declined but the fact remains they did ask me out.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:22 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
For me, I am VERY attracted to ladies in the 9 through 17 category. 1 and 2 are simply too skinny for my taste, athletic girls are not within my reach and 18 through 21 are simply too big to be attractive for my taste

Im either 11 or 14. Or a mix of both. Im fine with voluptuous

Used to be a 2 or a 5 until i was 25 years old!!!. Damn, and i didnt know it back then, but now i see pics and my body looked like a model :O. But i thought i was fat and ugly

Old 10-18-2013, 04:37 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,060,117 times
My guys are usually between "athletic and skinny", "fit and built", "built fat", or "skinny fat". I'm not usually attracted to men bigger or smaller than me, bony men, or men who are too chiseled. I like definition without too much bulk/sharp contour or softness without a huge pot belly.

Moderator cut: image removed

I bounced between a mix of 3, 5, and 6 up until a couple of years ago. Now that I've gained a ton of weight, I'm a mix of the 9-13ers. I always say I don't carry my weight well but that's just because I'm so used to being smaller. In truth, I guess I carry it just fine and I don't get any complaints.

Considering how much I weigh now and being as short as I am, it's a wonder I basically just turned into a bigger hourglass with slightly thicker thighs. If I told someone online my height and weight, they'd automatically assume I look like 19 or 20. It's just a testament to how everyone carries weight so differently.

I will say, when I go on eating sprees (like the holidays), I'll get a 15 poochy tum tum. You just won't see it because of how my clothes fit (see; properly lol)

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 08:36 AM..

Old 10-18-2013, 09:13 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,801,361 times

Old 10-18-2013, 09:57 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
The weight made a difference as far as I'm concerned.
It probably did make a difference, but it also obviously did something to your confidence level as well as how you generally felt *and* how you felt about yourself. This then helped you carry yourself better in public and women took notice. But you are right. Your weight loss did make a lot of difference, just in more ways than one.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:32 AM

2,761 posts, read 2,227,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post

Everyone can say until the cows come home and the moon is blue that physical appearance gives one person an edge or the other but I will always disagree because of my own personal experience with men and women as well. I have been asked out by a lot of women as well as men, I thanked them for the compliment and gracefully declined but the fact remains they did ask me out.
Would you also say that this implies for everyone else, male or female? No one turns down any gender because of physical appearance(especially weight) assuming she/he has an amazing personality and that the reasons that person is turned down must be based on other reasons than weight?

There are people who are turned off by overweight/obese bodytypes as well as being too skinny/slender. One person's experiences does not mean this is the norm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships