Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 04:12 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
I would not say the life is over though but it sure puts a barrier in the dating scene.
Maybe, but it's none of your beeswax.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:29 PM

625 posts, read 952,600 times
I am single, never married, and I don't have any kids. I broke up with a single mom who has 4 kids from 3 men, because she said that she wanted to get married in a couple years even though we only dated for 2 months and she wants a father figure for her 4 kids. But I wouldn't marry someone who has 4 kids with someone else and spend the rest of my life taking care of 4 kids who are not mine. I could handle 1 or 2 kids, but not 4. She works a part-time job, and her kids are on Medicaid. I fell in love with her, and I cried twice after I broke up with her. It was the hardest decision I ever made concerning a relationship, but it was definitely the right decision. But I will never date a single mom with more than 2 kids from someone else.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:58 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,680,348 times
Quote:
So why are these single mom's work a low wage job?

They are also in Welfare and Food Stamps.
I think Info Guy and capitol are having a contest to see who is the biggest loser.

Info Guy,

Is English a second language for you?

Old 10-17-2013, 01:25 AM

878 posts, read 942,275 times
Quote:
Do Single Mother's who are on online dating site even get a date? So it seems like they are also open to going out with guy's who have kid(s).

Lot of the times, I read on their profile that their kids are their life and everything. So if kids are their first priority in life than what are they doing on an online dating site?

Old 10-17-2013, 01:27 AM

878 posts, read 942,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
A woman's child should be her #1 priority and a guy that can't understand this should not be anywhere near a single mom.
OK, I'll stay away!

Quote:
Single mom's can get dates because it's honestly not a big deal. Most are not looking for a caregiver and free paycheck.

You're joking, right? Oh, by the way, every time you use an apostrophe to denote a plural, god kills something.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:34 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
A hot single mom will have more(and better) options then an average single childless women

Old 10-17-2013, 09:35 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
I am single, never married, and I don't have any kids. I broke up with a single mom who has 4 kids from 3 men, because she said that she wanted to get married in a couple years even though we only dated for 2 months and she wants a father figure for her 4 kids. But I wouldn't marry someone who has 4 kids with someone else and spend the rest of my life taking care of 4 kids who are not mine. I could handle 1 or 2 kids, but not 4. She works a part-time job, and her kids are on Medicaid. I fell in love with her, and I cried twice after I broke up with her. It was the hardest decision I ever made concerning a relationship, but it was definitely the right decision. But I will never date a single mom with more than 2 kids from someone else.
Wow man, get some respect for yourself... I'm glad you dumped her but dating someone seriously from the start with 4 kids from 3 men?

Old 10-17-2013, 10:07 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
How come the father is not there?
Maybe because the parents divorced or otherwise split up, like relationships do? For all you know these single moms [NOTE: NO APOSTROPHE. APOSTROPHES ARE FOR POSSESSIVE NOT PLURAL WORDS.] share custody 50/50 with their co-parent.

My God you are isolated from the world of women and families, aren't you.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:09 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I can't believe I actually agree with something OP says.

I personally do not feel single parents should date, if their kids are younger than, say 12-13.

Up till then they are very attached to you and any attempt to bring in another party is almost doomed to failure.

Once the kids get their own social lives they stop giving a fig about what you're doing - date away.

I was a single mother for 10 years. Kids are grown and gone and I'm still single - by choice.

I'm amazed these mothers can even be bothered with another guy after what they've been through (divorce, desertion) but some women are needy like that or maybe just slow learners.
The kids aren't doomed for failure at all. A single parent just needs to be able to balance their child(ren) needs and their own personal needs. Some single parents are good at this, and others are bad at it. Support system weighs heavily on who will be good and who will be bad.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:30 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
Kids is what makes dating hard for me. I'd prefer one and possibly two; however, it seems I've ran into a good amount of single parents with three or more. This is also happening with women under the age of 27. I understand wanting to have a big family, but that's more family than I'll likely ever want to take on. I'd imagine if you have one or two children, if they're out of diapers, you're going to have an easier time dating. The third child really does change economics. For one, a family of four can still fit in a coupe or a sedan and still sit relatively comfortably. Once you add that third child, you generally need to upgrade up to a van or SUV. For me, I don't have much desire to own a van or SUV, even more so while I'm just involved in a relationship with them.

Also, your housing gets bigger as well. I live in a one bedroom apartment now, and I can entertain a child with their mother for fun. More than that, and the space is really just too small. I want to be able to accomodate her children as well, so I wouldn't always want to just hang out at her house as well. From a pure economics stand point, children really do change a lot. Some people are prepared to take on that responsibility and some people are just unwilling.

Last edited by weezerfan84; 10-17-2013 at 10:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships