Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 09:36 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,989,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
Fellow geeks and nerds, don't waste you youth on sitting in front of computer. Get out of the chair and away from the monitor and get out!!
I made a lot of mistakes and wasted SO much time in my years being a computer and gaming geek and I wish so much I did things differently!. Don't make the mistakes I made 10 years ago. Avoid my hard earned and lonely lesson and make something of yourself! I wasted so much time and so much of my youth playing games and ignoring the outside world. Now im older, fatter and balder and am single still after 3 years. Explore the world, meet more people, travel and meet tons of women and get experiences with younger women that I never did. Take better care of your better and enjoy being young and being able to be with younger women. Now being 33, i'm so regretful....

May 2002, 22 years old/nearly 23.

May 2002, 22 years old.

25 years old, Summer 2005

32 years old. May 2013

33 years old, Sept 2013

32 years old, Sept, 2012

31 years old, April 2012

32 years old, Jan 2012

32 years old, May 2013

33 years old, Aug 203

Sept 2013, 33 years old.

I don't think you are bad looking at all. And you are active....

Old 10-13-2013, 10:58 AM

6,230 posts, read 6,920,039 times
Practically wasted my youth in front of the computer, worst thing is I never got good at computers or video games throughout all the years I wasted.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:10 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Fellow geeks and nerds, don't waste you youth on sitting in front of computer. Get out of the chair and away from the monitor and get out!!
I made a lot of mistakes and wasted SO much time in my years being a computer and gaming geek and I wish so much I did things differently!. Don't make the mistakes I made 10 years ago. Avoid my hard earned and lonely lesson and make something of yourself! I wasted so much time and so much of my youth playing games and ignoring the outside world. Now im older, fatter and balder and am single still after 3 years. Explore the world, meet more people, travel and meet tons of women and get experiences with younger women that I never did. Take better care of your better and enjoy being young and being able to be with younger women. Now being 33, i'm so regretful....

May 2002, 22 years old/nearly 23.

May 2002, 22 years old.

25 years old, Summer 2005

32 years old. May 2013

33 years old, Sept 2013

32 years old, Sept, 2012

31 years old, April 2012

32 years old, Jan 2012

32 years old, May 2013

33 years old, Aug 203

Sept 2013, 33 years old.

You're 33, life is really just beginning. Have fun and don't dwell on the past.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:35 AM

386 posts, read 667,843 times
You should have expected this outcome when you picked up that light saber.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:30 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,801,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Don't be so hard on yourself OP. It looks like you spent time doing a lot of things you enjoy--and isn't that part of what life is all about? Plus, you are still young and good looking: you have a genuine smile and there is something about your eyes (those are the first things I tend to look at and I am sure others do as well). Honestly, you look better to me at 32 than the earlier, younger picture where you are sullen.
Thanks, I guess honestly I am doing what I wanna do that makes me happy and content, geeky and all. I guess just now working for large university and being surrounded by all these younger people has made me regretful about how I wish I would have done things different 10 years ago I suppose.... I really look 33 and older vs all these younger 20's some ladies and their boyfriends around campus. *sigh*

Old 10-13-2013, 12:37 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,800,412 times
Quote:
Thanks, I guess honestly I am doing what I wanna do that makes me happy and content, geeky and all. I guess just now working for large university and being surrounded by all these younger people has made me regretful about how I wish I would have done things different 10 years ago I suppose.... I really look 33 and older vs all these younger 20's some ladies and their boyfriends around campus. *sigh*
I think everyone has regrets about how they lived their life in the past. I have my fair share. But you really can't do anything about the past except one thing (the important thing), learn from it. Don't let it hold you down. I know I hardly know you... just from a few posts here. But you seem like a good, smart man with a good head on his shoulders I think you will do fine. And I still say you look good too

Old 10-13-2013, 12:42 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,801,361 times
Thanks Jilla, now that i've finally moved, I am getting out a lot more in social settings with people I don't know and being more proactive in meeting people and have gone on two casual dates with two very good looking asian women in just two months since i've been here, even though they didn't work out. And im doing more physical activity at my new job and trying to do more non tech related stuff like this.

Guess I just wish I had my knowledge now at 33 ten years ago when I still had youth and a full head of hair on my side for dating so Im basically wanting to say to younger geeks is get off the computer more and get out more while your still young, don't make my mistake of wasting your youth years like I did being in front of a stupid computer or game, even though thats what I wanted to do at the time, being so damn shy and introverted.

My aunt visiting me last month in my new hometown, I am really happy to be here. Just so so so wish I did this 10 years ago when I was younger.....

Happiest i've been years was going to my first big gaming convention last month. I felt so at ease and happy to be my complete dorky and geeky self with other geeks. Just wish I younger, had more hair and less weight on me compared to other people so I could have a chance date younger gals like this beautiful lady here. At 33, not so much....

But I did go on a casual gaming date with a 24 year old a few weeks ago, so I must be doing something right, if nothing else, trying anyway. If I didn't move this year, I would have never had opportunties like this

Last edited by AT-AT28; 10-13-2013 at 01:02 PM..

Old 10-13-2013, 02:15 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,557,207 times
Well, you are not exactly over the hill yet OP...and there is quite a bit you can do to look better, you don't look bad at all. I would suggest, however, that you stop thinking about "younger girls" and start thinking about women, your life, what you can bring to the table in a relationship -- that is, if you want one. Obsessing about younger people will only get you frustration which will get worse with age until you will be one of those disgusting 50-60 year old men who still think young girls "want" them...You have lots of time ahead of you, don't waste it on regret!

Old 10-13-2013, 02:42 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Well, you are not exactly over the hill yet OP...and there is quite a bit you can do to look better, you don't look bad at all. I would suggest, however, that you stop thinking about "younger girls" and start thinking about women, your life, what you can bring to the table in a relationship -- that is, if you want one. Obsessing about younger people will only get you frustration which will get worse with age until you will be one of those disgusting 50-60 year old men who still think young girls "want" them...You have lots of time ahead of you, don't waste it on regret!
This, regret is a choice bro. The past is the past. I've wasted some parts of my life too. So what? What matters is that I'm on the right path now. Aging is not this horrific tragedy that society makes it out to be. For example, I like myself better now at 28 then I did when I was 18. I actually know where I want to go in life and how to get there.

Old 10-13-2013, 03:06 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
liz lemon nerd rage - Bing Images
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships