Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 11:34 AM

448 posts, read 764,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Not liking a sloppy, unkempt look and sun-baked skin is not the same as going for pretty boys, and metro and pretty boy are not the same thing. Likewise, liberal, hyper-feminist, and new age do not inherently go together, and taste in music often has nothing to do with being "traditional," whatever that is supposed to mean. Sorry, but you will be hard-pressed to find a woman in this day and age who is willing to be June Cleaver, because very few women, self-identified as feminists or not, want to go back to the days when they had to bring their husbands to Sears to get approval from the store when they want to buy an appliance.
Not what I was talking about but I can see your're the type of woman I wouldn't want to date based on your response. Nothing against equal rights/pay and all that legitimate stuff but I can't stand people who get offended about traditional gender roles. I edited my other post to make it more clear that I was talking about the stereotype there. I guess what a really don't like are the people who a super wound up and offended by everything and gender roles is one of those contentious topics everyone has an opinion about.

Like I sad I would rather date the kind of women who are "swept off their feet" by guys who open doors for them, pay for dinner, and carry them over puddles and stuff. Rather than the types of people who get offended by that and make a big deal that women can do these things themselves. Yes they can but I want to do them for my girlfriend and I want her to appreciate that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
You can't lump ALL women together as to their preferences. What one woman finds attractive another may not. I look to those beefcake birthday cards my girlfriends would give each other on their birthdays. I had a friend and she was the only one who never gave me one and told me, "I know you don't like guys like that" while everyone else did. Personally, I've had a crush on Tommy Lee Jones for a while. Earthy, rugged, smartass.
Good point I kind of modified my question. It sounds like the way I do things is attractive to some women, and my experience has been that's they type of women I want.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:00 PM

748 posts, read 1,314,213 times
I'll tell you what I like on the outside. First impressions... broad shoulders, tattoos, nice butt, great smile

Old 10-14-2013, 09:59 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
If you can fix my car without me going to the dealer or shop.....yeah you are a winner in my book.

Old 10-15-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
If you can fix my car without me going to the dealer or shop.....yeah you are a winner in my book.
Good!

Old 10-15-2013, 09:32 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetTroll View Post
Good!
Yes it is. lol

Old 10-15-2013, 09:35 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
I like more hipster metrosexual types.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I like more hipster metrosexual types.
Just out of curiosity what kind of girl are you? I'm just trying to see who I attract versus who I'm not.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:52 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Not what I was talking about but I can see your're the type of woman I wouldn't want to date based on your response.
And for that, I'm very glad.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:55 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
Quote:
Just out of curiosity what kind of girl are you? I'm just trying to see who I attract versus who I'm not.
Hmm, that's a loaded question.

I am extremely feminine in appearance only. Hair, makeup, perfume, high heels, dresses all day every day.

Besides appearance, I basically talk, act and think like a guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships