Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 07:06 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,957,550 times

Advertisements

Get rid of the facial hair and lose some weight, you'd do fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2013, 07:07 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,009,690 times
Your looks/appearance are fine, and are not going to be holding you back.

You definately are lacking self confidence. I was there once (no dates, no luck with women, horrible self confidence, anxiety, etc). Please take the great advice of many people here and get some professional help/counseling. You are just "in the woods" right now of your own self doubt and need a helping hand to lead you out!

Old 10-15-2013, 07:12 AM

529 posts, read 702,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Until I found possibly the only picture someone else took of me. This was 3 years ago, compared to now. Women seemed to be a lot more available when I was 19... Is it because of my looks?

I'm an ugly undateable beast now, aren't I?
You look pretty much the same. Maybe this is just me, but I don't really know anyone who changes that much from 19 to 22. It might be because, if you went to college, once you graduate all the single women disappear somewhere. That's a well-known phenomenon that every male experiences (and every female, too). As one website put it, you used to be able to just walk down the street and everyone you ran into was a 20-something year old woman in good shape. After college, if you walk down a random street, almost everyone you pass is going to be some middle-aged or older man or woman.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:18 AM

330 posts, read 545,061 times
It just seems like you keep victimizing yourself, moping around in self pity instead of actually going out there and trying to make yourself better, so you can actually get a girlfriend if that´s what you actually want.

No one needs to be a super model to be "date-able".

Get professional help!!

Old 10-15-2013, 07:19 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,289,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
You dont meet or attract women due to your constant pity party for yourself. Look at this thread. Do you think any woman would read this thread and say "ooohhh I wanna date this guy, he sounds fun"

Quit obsessing over everything and thinking it's the reason you arent getting laid. I'd also greatly suggest getting in shape. It will do even more for you mentally than it will physically.

I would say the biggest hurdle for any guy stopping him from meeting women is his mind. Even with things like a job and looks, without the right mindset you habe nothing. And on the contrary, with an amazing mindset and a bad job and average looks youre probably better off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

" chicken and egg situation "

constant rejection will make a guy turn negative and self pitying

Old 10-15-2013, 07:47 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
" chicken and egg situation "

constant rejection will make a guy turn negative and self pitying
And again..

When the rejection is your own fault there's no one to blame but yourself. Make changes and the rejection won't be as prevalent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 10-15-2013, 07:50 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Your after picture is better. Your face looks friendlier. Is this a very recent picture? I remember one not too long ago where you had the mountain man neckbeard going on. That's gone, this is you? Heed the others. You are not a hideous beast!

Old 10-15-2013, 07:53 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Get rid of the facial hair and lose some weight, you'd do fine.
That's pretty much what I was thinking. You're definitely not ugly, OP, but most of us have room for improvement.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:14 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I used to think that looks didn't matter...
Sorry, but you thought wrong, OP.

You're not bad looking, by the way. I have a friend that's a Freddy Krueger lookalike that's constantly hooking up with beautiful women. You have no excuse to get yours!

Old 10-15-2013, 08:19 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
I don't think looks mean a thing in the world, but I do think your second picture looks nicer, when compared to the first.

You actually look like a good looking guy. I know you can't tell by a picture, but you look like a nice guy.

=)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships