Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2017, 09:54 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,107,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
How it brings ultimate joy but can and will leave you in ruin in ways you never dreamed of. And how despite that ruin, we still can't let go sometimes.
This is what frightens me about it. I'm alone and sometimes lonely, but I'm not looking for a relationship because I don't feel the lack of one. What I miss is my family, whom no-one will ever replace in my heart or mind. I'm all but certain it will be like this until I join them on the other side of the veil, and sometimes I think that day can't come soon enough.

Old 06-03-2017, 09:56 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
Are some men just meant to be alone?
NO. Some men only choose to be alone.

Old 06-03-2017, 09:59 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,525,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Yes it's by choice that's the brunt of it

Old 06-03-2017, 10:03 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Not necessarily a bad thing though.

Old 06-03-2017, 04:25 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,009,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
I'm 23 years old, been single for 5 years and from the looks of things, It's gonna be that way until I die. Don't get me wrong I don't hate women even though my experiences with them haven't been good. I always hear this saying "Man wasn't meant to be alone." I feel that I'm meant to be alone in this life. I don't believe there is a woman out there for me at all, it doesn't make me sad I just accept it. I've never even approached a woman or asked one out, It's scary so I don't try. I will not have a girlfriend, will never have sex, will not get married, and will never had kids (I had a vascetomy already). Are some men just meant to be alone?
You had a vascetomy at 23?!! Why so young??
Please don't think that you will be alone forever.You're too young to think that way.When you're not looking for it...you will find someone.Being single for 5 years?! That's nothing.I have been single for 10 years now and it's not like I don't want to be with someone...it's just that I really haven't made the attempt and I'm working on myself before I go back out there.There is someone for everyone...

Old 06-03-2017, 08:19 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,673,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
I think the real losers are the people who sign up and use these ridiculous user names and bump ancient threads out of nowhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTroy View Post
When someone bumps a thread to the top of the page, does it bother you?
It shouldn't. And it is rude for one to address another that way. (I am only discussing this, being alerted to this thread now after having contributed long ago).

Here's the thing: A person is in a mood and does an online search for something related to what they are feeling and clicks on link to a topic listed. The person finds they need to sign up to contribute, maybe quickly creating a name, and then without seeing the original posting date and being unfamiliar, post their thoughts, only to possibly be hit over the head by others.

I understand that in some cases an original poster has come and gone and it may not be relevant, but it is not the fault of an innocent poster who does not know better, as they are trying to get their feet wet here and are unfamiliar. When I first joined to discuss something specific, I found some long-time CD posters saying "This has been discussed before" (so go away) or being criticized for adding to an older topic. I thought, "Wow..what kind of a place is this?"

If this is such an issue, which I have seen surface, why do older threads remain available to encourage them in being bumped up? If it is going to continue this way, consideration should exist for new posters.

Done preaching.

Old 06-03-2017, 08:29 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Ummm...prdon my bluntness, but you're being a bit on the ...whiny...side. Never, never, never. Nobody loves me , everybody hates me, guess I'll go eat worms. Come on man. You're only 23. That's hardly ready for a nursing home. Through my 20s, I only had one relationship that could be considered long term, when I was 24. Granted, I believe I was probably a bit more outgoing than you come off as, and wasn't scared of women.

I'm 53 now. I've been in a relationship for the last 5 years. There won't ever be another if this one does end. But that is a matter of pure choice. Which I believe is your issue. You're making a choice to be alone. It's not being forced on you. My lady has some serious medical issues involving a brain injury with other complications. Our relationship is being dictated by those conditions, but I refuse to abandon her. So long as we both breathe, my heart belongs to her. Even if she can't even recognize me right now.

It took my whole life to find love like this, and I won't walk away. Love is a funny thing. It comes when it comes. When it does, it's usually when you're not looking. It's a sucker punch that comes from behind. At 23, You've got a LOT of time to think about getting tagged. But with an attitude such as you present here, when it comes you just might duck and not feel it. Just saying....
That's a 4-year-old post you responded to. Great post, but the OP is long gone.

Old 06-03-2017, 11:19 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
It shouldn't. And it is rude for one to address another that way. (I am only discussing this, being alerted to this thread now after having contributed long ago).

Here's the thing: A person is in a mood and does an online search for something related to what they are feeling and clicks on link to a topic listed. The person finds they need to sign up to contribute, maybe quickly creating a name, and then without seeing the original posting date and being unfamiliar, post their thoughts, only to possibly be hit over the head by others.

I understand that in some cases an original poster has come and gone and it may not be relevant, but it is not the fault of an innocent poster who does not know better, as they are trying to get their feet wet here and are unfamiliar. When I first joined to discuss something specific, I found some long-time CD posters saying "This has been discussed before" (so go away) or being criticized for adding to an older topic. I thought, "Wow..what kind of a place is this?"

If this is such an issue, which I have seen surface, why do older threads remain available to encourage them in being bumped up? If it is going to continue this way, consideration should exist for new posters.

Done preaching.
I've already explained that it was more of the poster who bumped the thread, rather than the thread being bumped. Look at his other post out of the two he's had on here. Another post where he whines about how women don't want nice men like himself and how they're greedy. It's like he wants pity and complains about women not wanting him, but has this user name ''Smart to stay single now'' which implies that he's happy to be single and smart because of it, but his posts seem to say that he's bitter about it. There's a lot of these odd posters that bump a thread on here and then go POOF! And disappear for weeks or even permanently after a one hit wonder post.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:33 AM

710 posts, read 584,482 times
I used to believe that I'd never find a girlfriend, but I've had one and been talking to other girls for the past few months. I truly believe that most guys can at least find someone as long as they're not horribly disfigured or anything like that.

Old 06-04-2017, 09:01 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by codergirl View Post
You had a vascetomy at 23?!! Why so young??
Please don't think that you will be alone forever.You're too young to think that way.When you're not looking for it...you will find someone.Being single for 5 years?! That's nothing.I have been single for 10 years now and it's not like I don't want to be with someone...it's just that I really haven't made the attempt and I'm working on myself before I go back out there.There is someone for everyone...
I believe, its a requirement to join the MGTOW club.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships