Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2017, 08:27 PM

35 posts, read 20,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Because it's not PC to say such things. It's the same reason we're not keeping score anymore in kids teams sports.

LOL, good lord folks, life just doesn't work the way we think or want it too. Winners and losers is too black and white really. Some people just do better than others do in life and that's just the way the world works.

I'm not a winner or a loser, just a guy who's done sorta OK in life.
I'm pretty sure that a guy who did everything he could to get a relationship isn't going to feel like he did okay in life.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:31 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatality View Post
I'm pretty sure that a guy who did everything he could to get a relationship isn't going to feel like he did okay in life.
I'm pretty sure he didn't do all he could, and is already resignedly saying this by age 30.
By CDR standards.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:36 PM

[quote=RbccL;48610110]I'm pretty sure he didn't do all he could, and is already resignedly saying this by age 30.
Regardless of what you think some of us do have a limit and how do you know he didn't do everything he could?

Old 06-23-2017, 08:36 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I'm pretty sure he didn't do all he could, and is already resignedly saying this by age 30.
By CDR standards.
Most the guys that are complaining about being single and not finding anyone are swinging for the fences. If you're short, fat, and dumpy, you should probably aim for short, fat and dumpy.

That is a lot of the problem with a lot of men. They're aiming too high.

I've been saying this a lot lately and I don't mean to really be offensive, but I've taken to saying it just like it is these days......

Getting annoyed at the direction of BS in how we interact with people. Safe spaces and everyone gets a trophy is starting to drive me nuts a bit....

Old 06-23-2017, 08:37 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
That's his choice to feel that way.

There are other ways to think, other sources of personal satisfaction.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
That's his choice to feel that way.

There are other ways to think, other sources of personal satisfaction.
The only people who say stuff never pit their everything into something and failed. Just like we don't pick who we are attracted to we can't decide to not feel bad about something we wanted abd didn't get.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
The only people who say stuff never pit their everything into something and failed. Just like we don't pick who we are attracted to we can't decide to not feel bad about something we wanted abd didn't get.
EVERYONE fails at something in their lives. Everyone. The thing is is you take stock of your situation and makes changes. Could be just plain old acceptance of what we might not have or get. It manifests in many ways.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
EVERYONE fails at something in their lives. Everyone. The thing is is you take stock of your situation and makes changes. Could be just plain old acceptance of what we might not have or get. It manifests in many ways.
I agree but for some men this contradicts the there is a lid for every pot speech.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:53 PM

Quote:
I agree but for some men this contradicts the there is a lid for every pot speech.
Speech still stands....

Old 06-23-2017, 08:58 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
Regardless of what you think some of us do have a limit and how do you know he didn't do everything he could?
Are you talking about yourself here?
Here's how I know he didn't do all he could: He's looking at himself as someone who's reached his limit, he's saying he can't help whom he's attracted to, he says he's failed. He says he can't decide not to feel bad. Who is attracted to this?

If he was about doing all he could, he would try changing his attitude. He'd look at himself in another way, so the people he's attracted to may see him differently. He would make himself more interesting, doing and talking about fun things that others may be interested in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships