Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2013, 03:35 PM

555 posts, read 591,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
No. I'm just realistic in life. Thanks for asking and prepare for the women to barrage your comment. I like a compliment, so what's the crime in that? I don't go out seeking it by saying, "Hey, look at my shirt, what do you think about it?" If they comment on their own will great. If not, I still like my shirt.
I asked because complements and reassurances are what women seek to feel confident. The only problem with this is that it will be hard for you to find a woman who will be more feminine than you so she could accept you as anything other than a friend. Women do not respect guys who are LESS confident then them.
They could use you but never love you.

Old 10-15-2013, 03:45 PM

134 posts, read 214,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Some do--like the guys who will spend three or four dates just trying to butter up a woman for sex, then bolt once they've achieved their goal.
Ok, so the woman got free meals and sex .... and she's complaining about that? lol

Old 10-15-2013, 03:49 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,283,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flotard View Post
I asked because complements and reassurances are what women seek to feel confident. The only problem with this is that it will be hard for you to find a woman who will be more feminine than you so she could accept you as anything other than a friend. Women do not respect guys who are LESS confident then them.
They could use you but never love you.
If you knew my past, you would think differently. Who I've transitioned into now, is not the person I've ever been before. I like to dress nice and catch a compliment here and there. That has nothing to do with being feminine. When I have an SO, they have complimented me. I don't think that's a crime...

Old 10-15-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeViolationMcEnroe View Post
Ok, so the woman got free meals and sex .... and she's complaining about that? lol
We all play this game. Nobody's complaining. Lol

Old 10-15-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
If you knew my past, you would think differently. Who I've transitioned into now, is not the person I've ever been before. I like to dress nice and catch a compliment here and there. That has nothing to do with being feminine. When I have an SO, they have complimented me. I don't think that's a crime...
Cool. Good luck with that lol

Old 10-15-2013, 04:08 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,039 times
Quote:
I can be confident all day, but if every person I come into contact with says I'm a loser, how confident am I really? Confidence comes in waves, due to our emotional state changing. Why do you think people get depressed? Why do you think people get happy? I've never heard of a depressed person being overly confident.

I can agree some that it is a self concept, but I'm still going to need that ego boost from other people. I'm relatively a confident person, but if things start to not work out as I wanted them too, I can't help but see my confidence take a chip or two. It's just how I'm wired though.
We're all wired a bit differently, and that's what makes us unique but this is a dynamic concept that anyone is capable of changing. True self confidence is based on how you see yourself and is completely detached from that of what others think of you. That happens when its based on proper and internal means. Too many folks try to build their self confidence on their careers or material things, even though its not the proper foundation. Your career may be over tomorrow and the things you acquired may be lost in a day. What then? If you are truly self confident, it doesn't much matter. A sign that one is headed in the right direction, is when you can react to compliments and criticism in the very same way, or more accurately, barely at all.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:29 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,036 times
Actually, kind of weird for me to be the one to bring the thread back on topic, but:

I think one way women sell themselves short is by rejecting men too fast. I have read a lot of different female posters who say that if they get a sense that a guy is just after sex, or doesn't like her for her, then she'll reject him.

That is not the case the majority of the time with men. When you reject a guy, you reject him forever for all intents and purposes.

If you have tons of great options filtering through, then no problems for you.

But I think otherwise, you should not let something 'silly' like that eliminate a guy who has potential.

As usual, like some of us, I write this hoping that some woman will read this and not reject me for asking her out too fast. Because that is what I am going to do regardless.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:31 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Actually, kind of weird for me to be the one to bring the thread back on topic, but:

I think one way women sell themselves short is by rejecting men too fast. I have read a lot of different female posters who say that if they get a sense that a guy is just after sex, or doesn't like her for her, then she'll reject him.

That is not the case the majority of the time with men. When you reject a guy, you reject him forever for all intents and purposes.

But I think otherwise, you should not let something 'silly' like that eliminate a guy who has potential.

As usual, like some of us, I write this hoping that some woman will read this and not reject me for asking her out too fast. Because that is what I am going to do regardless.
And there are lots of guys that reject women after one or two dates, as well. This really isn't a gender thing. The OP is just upset and turning it into something that it's not.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post

You make it sound like women reject men, or men women, as some kind of sport. To go out and to spend time with somebody you have to at least like the person. If there is no such chemistry why bother with that? If you see something that turns you off you just walk away, that's what every normal person does. Dating is not a chore or duty, it supposed to be fun.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:52 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flotard View Post
You make it sound like women reject men, or men women, as some kind of sport. To go out and to spend time with somebody you have to at least like the person. If there is no such chemistry why bother with that? If you see something that turns you off you just walk away, that's what every normal person does. Dating is not a chore or duty, it supposed to be fun.
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships