Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 08:03 AM

63 posts, read 92,584 times

Advertisements

Online dating really works for those who commit themselves into it.

My husband and I met and dated online, got married after a few months and will now be celebrating our second wedding anniversary next month.

Try to have clear communication as to what you guys really mean to each other...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 08:06 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmeejo View Post
well technically i am not in a relationship per say more like friendship but we've been talking for a lil over 2 years now without meeting eachother and he told me that he loves me.. i am thinking as a friend right or maybe a online sister? i really do like him butright now i am unemployeed and obese and living at home. he new this when we first began talking and i have imporved alittle but not much.

i mean i dont know how long it will take for me to beomce datable or attractive..and this is the only guy ihave ever liked. he hasn't come to see me and nor hav i him but i think it is fair. i wouldn't want him to see me like this anyway.

he live all the way in saskatoon. he's a cool guy and i would like to able to try and meet him once before he totaly lose intrests in talking to me.
My wife and I met through online dating, but our "relationship" was online for a little over a year before we first met and went out on a date.

In that time, we grew close, became friends, developed expectations, etc.

It helped that we were both honest and sincere with each other. When we met, we were who each other expected us to be, and we found chemistry.

I would caution with any online relationship, you miss a lot of in person communication, and it is easy to say things, hide things, etc. So meeting and dating is important.

For us it did work out!

Old 10-18-2013, 07:05 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
[quote=marmeejo;31834415]well technically i am not in a relationship per say more like friendship but we've been talking for a lil over 2 years now without meeting eachother and he told me that he loves me.. i am thinking as a friend right or maybe a online sister? i really do like him butright now i am unemployeed and obese and living at home. he new this when we first began talking and i have imporved alittle but not much.

i mean i dont know how long it will take for me to beomce datable or attractive..and this is the only guy ihave ever liked. he hasn't come to see me and nor hav i him but i think it is fair. i wouldn't want him to see me like this anyway./QUOTE]

Maybe he's in the same boat?

Old 10-18-2013, 07:44 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,199,924 times
There's tons of OLD success stories out there

Old 10-18-2013, 09:08 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
There's tons of OLD success stories out there
There is. Even cousins and friends did it.

Old 10-20-2013, 05:06 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
*passing the beer around*
hic......

Old 10-22-2013, 11:42 AM

6 posts, read 4,481 times
My bad. My bad. I tottaly forget about this thread. Busy with interviewing. Sorry.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
a guy you never met in the flesh claims he loves you ?

is that correct
Lol. That is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Then why don't you improve?

This advice is easy to give: Eat less, work more? And then meet him?
I am doing it now. Already fixed up my bike and plan on biking/walking . Already found the perect biking path.

Old 10-22-2013, 11:50 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Ok, GOOD!!

I like that.

Keep going, keep contacting him and meet when you are ready!

Old 10-22-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Is this guy in jail or something? I don't mean to sound harsh but a guy you never met but have been talking to online for 2 years says he loves you and now you're saying you want to try to meet him once before he loses interest in talking to you??? Does he know that you're unemployed and obese?

Actually he does. He seem my picture I talked to him over the phone..skyped stuff like that. He's a chubby/fat guy himself. And no he isn't in jail or anything. He's working. has his own house and car.
Haven't either of you exchanged pictures or anything?

I don't know where Saskatoon is or how far it is from you.
I live in Wisconsin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
That's what I'm thinking, how can you fall in love with somebody who have never seen before?
I know. I am thinking the same thing. He got a bit upset when I told him about it. But i suppose he agrees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illusive Man View Post
OMG. I'm the other guy! I didn't know you were obese! What is this trickery?
LOL. Dude you are too funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Hey, quit being a popcorn piggie, pass that bowl down this way.

Original Poster: If you have been talking to this man for 2 years now and you have not improved yourself within that time what makes you think you will improve yourself now?

You need to improve yourself for YOU not for HIM or anyone else. Until that happens you do not need to be involved with anyone romantically because you will make both of you miserable.
Haha. Yeah that's true. He only started saying this love stuff like this about a year ago. We talked for a couple of months in on an mmo as friends and what not he dissappeared for about 4-5 months and some s at some times but he was now steady talking to me in around late 2012.

What makes me think I will improve now is that I feel much better about myself. I hadalot of anxiety issues and some depression. After being bored I finally started to walking more outside and in septemember I saw that I started losing weight when I started skipping meals and drinking water. No more soda for me.

I guess I kinda made this post after feeling a bit depressed. I do that somestimes.

[quote=stepka;31867670]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmeejo View Post
well technically i am not in a relationship per say more like friendship but we've been talking for a lil over 2 years now without meeting eachother and he told me that he loves me.. i am thinking as a friend right or maybe a online sister? i really do like him butright now i am unemployeed and obese and living at home. he new this when we first began talking and i have imporved alittle but not much.

i mean i dont know how long it will take for me to beomce datable or attractive..and this is the only guy ihave ever liked. he hasn't come to see me and nor hav i him but i think it is fair. i wouldn't want him to see me like this anyway./QUOTE]

Maybe he's in the same boat?
Nope. He has his own place and car. I am just the loser one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships