Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 07:46 PM

45 posts, read 107,596 times

Advertisements

This is a follow-up thread to a previous one entitled "Annoyed. Need to vent."

Long story short, I have the biggest crush on a guy who happens to be great friends with my brother. He admitted to liking me as well but because of the fact that he and my brother are friends, he can't pursue it any further.

Now of course I'm disappointed and slightly annoyed. It's rare when I find somebody that I really like and now that I did, I can't have him. I know, I know, normally I'd move on and not sweat it one bit.

But I cannot and I repeat CANNOT stop thinking about him. I'm currently in school and it was hard for me to concentrate in class, as he was on my mind. I hate this. I don't like the idea of having to let him go. I would actually be fine with having him as a friend. Seriously. I find him to be a sweet guy who likes to have fun so I'd love to remain in touch. I just don't want to come off like some crazed obsessed chick, that's all. The worst thing is when you wanna be cool with someone yet they think you badly wanna bone them. Now that's not me. If anything, I'd want a relationship but if that can't work, friendship is fine with me.

Have any of you been in the same boat? How do you transition from initially wanting a relationship with someone to just wanting to be friendly?

I'd love to hear your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 07:54 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
You'll eventually lose interest in him, it just takes time.

Old 10-16-2013, 07:56 PM

529 posts, read 702,155 times
The first thing I'm wondering is why he can't go out with you because he's friends with your brother. That's the first time I've ever heard about that. That only means he has no balls to ask your brother if it's OK if he goes out with you. And if they're friends, then your brother would have no problem with it.

I've had a major crush before to the point where I was like "**** it, if I can't be with her, then at least I want to be friends with her." It was the same thing you're talking about, where it hurt a lot, but I knew that not even having any relationship with her would hurt even more. The main thing is you want to be aware that it has a huge potential of preventing you from moving on, though. But as long as you don't mind that (and I didn't because I liked her so much), then who cares?

Old 10-16-2013, 07:58 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Say what? If he ask you out you go out with him. Or ask?

Old 10-16-2013, 08:18 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Say what? If he ask you out you go out with him. Or ask?
I believe, from her previous post, her brother (whom are friends with this guy) wouldn't approve of it

I believe hes really not interested, and probably have other women in his life. And besides, it would most likely make his relationship with her brother, awkward.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:19 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,801,804 times
Flick your bean, you'll feel better.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I believe, from her previous post, her brother (whom are friends with this guy) wouldn't approve of it

I believe hes really not interested, and probably have other women in his life. And besides, it would most likely make his relationship with her brother, awkward.
Oh oh well in that case date someone else.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AT-AT28 View Post
Flick your bean, you'll feel better.
That only works for a bit.

Old 10-16-2013, 08:34 PM

117 posts, read 142,096 times
About 3 years ago, I was in a situation kinda similar to the guy you like, but in my case, it was my sister´s best friend.She used to flirt with me a lot, and ended up confessing she was in love with me.Now, the difference was I didn´t like her as a possible girlfriend, just as a friend, but even if I did, I don´t think I would´ve gone ahead, as I find that kind of 'territory' tricky to navigate.

She even started stalking me after a while, to the point it put a strain on the friendship between her and my sister.Eventually, she moved to another state and last I heard, met another guy and apparently it´s going well, she never contacted us again.

As difficult as it sounds, just move on, that´s your best bet.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:59 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,231,509 times
Tell your brother that you have a crush on his friend and ask him to set you up. If your brother suggests to his friend that he ask you out, problem solved. This happened to me many moons ago when I was in high school. A good friend's sister supposedly had a crush on me. He bugged me forever to ask her out until I finally did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships