Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 09:38 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,585,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Hush, woman. The men are deciding how to share us fairly.
Above is a perfect illustration as to why most will thumb their noses at topics like this. It's popular culture to believe women hold the cards and are the ultimate taste-makers in the realm of sex and relationships - the final say if you will. When you point out the uncomfortable reality that women would rather share a high status male than settle for a lower status one they could have all to themselves (and related social dynamics), it sheds a bit of uncomfortable light on to who's really living in who's world doesn't it? Of course modern westernized women with their feminism and whatnot will mock and hate with a passion anything that suggests they don't really make the rules everybody plays by. Power is the most intoxicating thing of all, and everybody wants to believe they have it.

Okay. Cue the outrage and righteous indignationnnn - NOW!

Old 10-17-2013, 09:51 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,989,499 times
Wow, I have never seen such a load of PUA b*llocks strung together into one tale as the first post!

It must take true desperation to ignore real science and cling to such illogical beliefs.

PS: Who knew boll*cks was a censored word?!

Old 10-17-2013, 09:54 PM

52,185 posts, read 52,615,134 times
Sounds like some kind of wanna-be doctorate drivel.......

Old 10-17-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Sounds like some kind of wanna-be doctorate drivel.......
::snort::

More like wanna be passing anthropology 101. And failing.

(Yes, I really did snort out loud when I read that.)

Old 10-17-2013, 10:20 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,438,243 times
1: why are the economic redistributionists silent?

2: why didn't the Sexual Revolution legalize prostitution?

3: not everyone wants to reproduce, most men just wanna get laid and today more than ever it is possible to get laid without reproducing.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:26 PM

48,513 posts, read 34,790,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurney Halleck View Post
Nope. Women are willing to share men, but men are not willing to share women.

Women's sexual attractiveness and highest period of fertility (two things that are connected) are significantly concentrated into the second 1.5 decade of a woman's life. Under a "fair" division of the good of female sexuality among the male population, every man would experience at least ten years of a woman's "prime" years, but as it happens, some men consume more than one woman's prime years as the hypothetical in the OP illustrates.
There are those who sit around thinking up theories, and those who are out living.

When I was your age the only time anyone started babbling off the cuff theories was after the occasional illicit substance was passed around.

For giggles let's say some of that is true. So what? Wanna start a movement to change it? Want us wimmin's redistributed? Restrict the men?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-17-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
There are those who sit around thinking up theories, and those who are out living.

When I was your age the only time anyone started babbling off the cuff theories was after the occasional illicit substance was passed around.

For giggles let's say some of that is true. So what? Wanna start a movement to change it? Want us wimmin's redistributed? Restrict the men?
I didn't realize seeking enlightenment and understanding (regardless of whether the conclusion gave you the warm and fuzzies or not) was so looked down upon! Or was mutually exclusive to living!

Old 10-17-2013, 10:39 PM

Well obviously, he thinks it's time for the 60% to rise up and stop letting women have babies after age 28!

Last edited by NilaJones; 10-17-2013 at 10:51 PM..

Old 10-17-2013, 11:00 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,025,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Not to go all eugenics up in here, but given the rise of various and sundry diseases and conditions that are the product of genetic expression, and given that sexual attraction is rooted deeply in physical cues about health, in a strictly Darwinian sense a significant portion of men losing out might not be a bad thing for the species.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm going to get booed mightily for that comment, I'm sure. But the bottom line is that although libido and the drive to reproduce are inherent in H. sapiens, sex and reproduction are not human rights.
You mean that a fat chick or an ugly duckling will reproduce with a hot looking guy?

Old 10-17-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
You mean that a fat chick or an ugly duckling will reproduce with a hot looking guy?
I think she's getting at is the macro trends in human evolution. For instance, humans are getting taller and physically larger as a species. Early humans were like half the size of modern ones on average. That only happens if the tall guys git'er done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.