Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 09:32 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Above is a perfect illustration as to why most will thumb their noses at topics like this. It's popular culture to believe women hold the cards and are the ultimate taste-makers in the realm of sex and relationships - the final say if you will. When you point out the uncomfortable reality that women would rather share a high status male than settle for a lower status one they could have all to themselves (and related social dynamics), it sheds a bit of uncomfortable light on to who's really living in who's world doesn't it? Of course modern westernized women with their feminism and whatnot will mock and hate with a passion anything that suggests they don't really make the rules everybody plays by. Power is the most intoxicating thing of all, and everybody wants to believe they have it.

Okay. Cue the outrage and righteous indignationnnn - NOW!

Given the number of "high status males" whose time I've monopolized in their prime years, I'd say the whole theory behind this thread is ridiculous.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
You mean that a fat chick or an ugly duckling will reproduce with a hot looking guy?
It depends. How easy are these men? If they would put their penises in anyone who is willing, then yes. In the long run, this will improve the gene pool with each successive generation, because the offspring of a mediocre woman and a genetically gifted man will benefit from the man's genes.

But if men would only go for the healthy and beautiful, then that, too, would improve the gene pool with each successive generation.

Of course, then the healthy and the beautiful women would soon realize their genetic clout, and boom, men are competing all over again.

See how easy it is to reduce men to the sum of their gonadal inspiration?

Fortunately, most of the human race has evolved past that.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:50 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,586,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Given the number of "high status males" whose time I've monopolized in their prime years, I'd say the whole theory behind this thread is ridiculous.
Your personal experiences are not the debate. You do realize other people have other personal experiences themselves right? And that the trends among all those other people might differ significantly from your own? It displays a genuine lack of intellectual curiosity otherwise.

Old 10-18-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Your personal experiences are not the debate. You do realize other people have other personal experiences themselves right? And that the trends among all those other people might differ significantly from your own? It displays a genuine lack of intellectual curiosity otherwise.

Others have addressed that with the discussion of Scarlet Johansson. No way, no how, would I ever believe that a woman of that beauty would bend to any man's demand for monogamy unless monogamy was also her idea, nor do I believe that the average uncommitted male would have a problem being one of several for such a woman.

And yes, my experience applies here, as does every other woman's. That we give the lie to your gross generalizations about women is not our problem. It's yours.

In fact, it wouldn't be that hard for many, if not most, average or above-average women to round up a stable of willing men if they wish it. No need to be a Hollywood A-lister. Blame the collective male libido for that, not women.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:15 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,586,340 times
Here's the real social hierarchy for anybody still confused:

1.Alpha males
2. Women
3. Beta males.
4. Truck Drivers

Okay, I threw that last part in for giggles.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:22 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,956,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Others have addressed that with the discussion of Scarlet Johansson. No way, no how, would I ever believe that a woman of that beauty would bend to any man's demand for monogamy unless monogamy was also her idea, nor do I believe that the average uncommitted male would have a problem being one of several for such a woman.

And yes, my experience applies here, as does every other woman's. That we give the lie to your gross generalizations about women is not our problem. It's yours.

In fact, it wouldn't be that hard for many, if not most, average or above-average women to round up a stable of willing men if they wish it. No need to be a Hollywood A-lister. Blame the collective male libido for that, not women.

Absolutely positively. I, IRL witness this frequently. as frequently as this week.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:29 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,869,653 times
Good to see the war of the genders continues on at CD. I can't imagine how pissed off/miserable the participants must be IRL.

Old 10-18-2013, 10:33 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,041,670 times
This is a case of entitlement based on ingrained ideas of male privilege.

Basically, you feel that men are entitled to p****. The problem is that there is a woman attached to the majority of vaginas and in the west it's the woman who decides who she wants to share the p**** with. So why does society need to do anything to force them to share it with men they don't want?

You need to move to the middle-east or sub-saharan Africa or some other place on Earth where women have no say-so in what they get to do with their bodies due mostly to religious and patriarchal beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurney Halleck View Post

But what about the young men, and regular men, who today face sexual starvation due to some men dominating multiple women's fertile/prime years?

Last edited by Jasper03; 10-18-2013 at 10:55 AM..

Old 10-18-2013, 10:51 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,990,374 times
The science fail in this thread continues to astonish.

And has no one pointed out that the reason these guys are lying to themselves, pretending that women are willing to 'share' a good man, is so they can excuse their cheating with pseudoscientific claptrap?

Old 10-18-2013, 10:58 AM

181 posts, read 192,187 times
I don't agree with any of this. I still see very successful men married to one woman only all around me in the very rich and successful Bay Area. In fact, successful men have less incidence of impregnating a woman out of wedlock etc etc. They normally stick to one woman and one family, although they tend to marry late, after having been dating many women. The theory does not hold at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships