Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 06:19 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,589,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbara2013 View Post
We all know women have standards (especially high and unrealistic one) when it comes to dating men and they are called shallow or selfish. But, when men decide to have standards, they are considered shallow, mean, and selfish even though they are not high.
1) This isn't true in my experience.

2) This isn't even a question.

3) I have no idea how this thread made it to 16 pages, and I'm not going to read it to find out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 08:07 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,727,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I think most people are decent people. Maybe a bit selfish, but overall decent.

That said, I would. In that if there was a girl who was really nice and sweet and good gal, and I knew she really liked me, I'd date her, even if I wasn't too attracted to her.

Especially if I were younger. If I said I wouldn't date a super hot b@tch when I was younger, I'd be lying, so how is the first girl any more of a compromise. Not that either situation is any type of reality.

You have to understand other people have options up the ying yang. However many options you have affects what standards you have.
Ive date both skinny model type wahine to bbw or not attractive by society standards girls. My longest ltrs have been with bbw or not attractive by society standards wahine.

Old 10-26-2013, 08:36 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,843,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Ive date both skinny model type wahine to bbw or not attractive by society standards girls. My longest ltrs have been with bbw or not attractive by society standards wahine.
Yea, you were the guy who liked Margaret Cho. Good for you.

I don't think most people are so flexible in their type though, especially women.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:47 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,184,843 times
Of all the single men I've known/know throughout my life the vast majority of them didn't/don't have these high standards I hear people talk about here. Now a tiny percentage did but most of them were guys who could afford to. These were guys who other women were lining up to date, they just didnt want to be tied down to any of them. But at the same time they were actively sleeping with women on the side rather easily.

The other guys generally speaking didn't, Like when they're single they really single. These guys just want a woman in their lives

Old 10-27-2013, 12:29 PM

153 posts, read 308,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
1) This isn't true in my experience.

2) This isn't even a question.

3) I have no idea how this thread made it to 16 pages, and I'm not going to read it to find out.
So true nearnorth!

Old 10-27-2013, 01:05 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,136,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbara2013 View Post
We all know women have standards (especially high and unrealistic one) when it comes to dating men and they are called shallow or selfish. But, when men decide to have standards, they are considered shallow, mean, and selfish even though they are not high.
I don't know what you've been smoking but all my male friends have high standards and I say good for them.

The trick is this. No one person can satisfy all your needs all the time so you need to decide what standards are in stone and what are negotiable or over looked. Remember the higher the standards the smaller the dating pool.

Take a quick look at this short clip from a Tyler Perry Movie, "Why Did I Get Married." Where there is an explanation of the 80/20 rule.

80/20 Rule - YouTube

Old 10-27-2013, 01:23 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,636,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I don't know what you've been smoking but all my male friends have high standards and I say good for them.

The trick is this. No one person can satisfy all your needs all the time so you need to decide what standards are in stone and what are negotiable or over looked. Remember the higher the standards the smaller the dating pool.

Take a quick look at this short clip from a Tyler Perry Movie, "Why Did I Get Married." Where there is an explanation of the 80/20 rule.

80/20 Rule - YouTube

[/IMG]

Old 10-27-2013, 09:28 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,589,494 times
The only 80/20 rule I would hypothesize is that 80% of men take responsibility for their own dating/sex lives while 20% whine and make excuses endlessly on the internet.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:30 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,986,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
The only 80/20 rule I would hypothesize is that 80% of men take responsibility for their own dating/sex lives while 20% whine and make excuses endlessly on the internet.

It could be the reverse now a days!

Old 10-28-2013, 11:25 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,727,548 times
For me i don't think its and issue of having standards or high standards, i always do my best. I just find it offensive and depressing that my value as a human being and my worthiness for love is based on external things.

No guys im not ugly or fat, im just a middle aged graying, longhair native american guy. Who is a veteran and owns his own business. When i was younger no problems with ladies, could have a date for every night and i had alot of sex. Just been in a rut for the last two years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships