Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 01:15 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
What seems to make the guys most angry is that they want women to admit that we could have gotten dates/laid anytime we want, but we didn't like our choices, whereas they had no choices at all or something. It's where the whole standards thing comes in. Most people just don't want to sleep with anyone who comes along, even lonely, desperate people.
Sure I could have gotten dates/laid anytime I wanted...but I don't really want to sleep with homeless guys, ex cons, guys who reek of weed/alcohol etc etc. If I was into that type of guy, then sure...I probably could have gotten laid fairly easily. I guess my standards are too high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 01:47 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Sure I could have gotten dates/laid anytime I wanted...but I don't really want to sleep with homeless guys, ex cons, guys who reek of weed/alcohol etc etc. If I was into that type of guy, then sure...I probably could have gotten laid fairly easily. I guess my standards are too high.
Come on, are you saying the only guys who hit on you are homeless, criminals etc, etc?

Old 10-29-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Come on, are you saying the only guys who hit on you are homeless, criminals etc, etc?
I've found that the men who are interested in me tend to be in those categories. Decent men don't really hit on or approach women who are over 6' tall with big chests and visible tattoos. That's just the way it is.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:28 PM

428 posts, read 445,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Im in my 40s i was going to say alot of us just need to get our warrior spirit back lol.
Amen to some trusty M81s....MARPAT and ACU is for youngins. LOL

Old 10-29-2013, 04:55 PM

2 posts, read 1,554 times
Before a person can have standards regarding other people they should have standards of themselves and make sure they can live up to them. Too often have I seen worthless individuals want the cream of the crop when it comes to the opposite sex. It part of the disgusting attitude of entitlement that seems to be prevalent in society nowadays. People want the best of everything when they don't meet the standard of the very thing they want.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Darwinist View Post
Before a person can have standards regarding other people they should have standards of themselves and make sure they can live up to them. Too often have I seen worthless individuals want the cream of the crop when it comes to the opposite sex. It part of the disgusting attitude of entitlement that seems to be prevalent in society nowadays. People want the best of everything when they don't meet the standard of the very thing they want.
Amen lol.

Old 10-29-2013, 05:54 PM

428 posts, read 445,599 times
I'd say you take yourself way too seriously. I learned a long time ago that a hardass (which I CAN be) won't get you far with women. You simply scare the hell out of them.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busse_Reeve View Post
I'd say you take yourself way too seriously. I learned a long time ago that a hardass (which I CAN be) won't get you far with women. You simply scare the hell out of them.
Scared? No. Not wanting to deal with overly testosteroned male bravado? Yes. It gets irritating after a while and totally isn't worth it. Especially since 'hardasses' tend to be more on the abusive side. No thanks to that, 2Rugged4you.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I've found that the men who are interested in me tend to be in those categories. Decent men don't really hit on or approach women who are over 6' tall with big chests and visible tattoos. That's just the way it is.
Isnt that kinda a stereo type that a good man wouldn't approach a woman to meet her? I mean if thats the case then how does any meet anyone, someone has to approach someone. Naw i know bikers and etc that look scary but are good people, some own there own companies some even CEOs. Don't count yourself out. Ladies with ink are not uncommon nowadays.

And in todays world balance between warrior and priest spirit is best.

Old 10-29-2013, 06:22 PM

709 posts, read 1,130,358 times
Women show their standards when they reject a man. Men show their standards when they choose NOT to pursue a woman.. or women they sleep with a woman and stop calling her.

Also.. women have the most dating options between ages 18-30. For men its more like 28-40.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships