Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 12:19 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,127,176 times

Advertisements

Some women are attracted to a....not sure how to say it, masculinity, a man's man, a "real" MALE...?

And what is that quality which makes someone "masculine"? Is it aggresion? Is it confidence? Is it being brave? Is it being protective and dependable?

Some males are on a soft side. And some women are not attracted to that (or that in them).

There are male and female characteristics in BOTH genders. And if the combination of the female ones is stronger in a male body, he is perceived as softer. If the combination of the male ones is stronger in a female body, she is perceived as more masculine, kind of stronger I guess.

Which one are you attracted to? And what is a masculine male to you? (personality wise)

Some women go as far as saying: if he doesn't slap you around sometimes, he is not a man...

And how do you perceive yourself: as a soft female or a more masculine one/tough one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2013, 12:21 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,283,175 times
I like less-masculine men. Don't know why.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:33 PM

9,131 posts, read 19,911,168 times
My wife has often told me she loves that I am a "real" man. However, I am not really a stereotypical man's man either. Maybe she means confidence, or self assuredness. It certainly is not about my look, appearance, or likes/tastes/hobbies.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:27 PM

32,527 posts, read 47,585,883 times
I like masculine men. "Real" men are strong and generous hearted. They are confident, which means they are capable of having some consideration for other people.

Most of them like to do "guy things": cars, football, machinery, loud noises, hunting and/or fishing. They tend to be in shape because they are interested in getting out and doing things instead of sitting in front of the TV (except during football season).

They smell good, like real men and not like spray-on frou-frou perfume.

They have an instinct to protect the weak. They aren't fearful or whiny. They don't make excuses.

I notice that other men like to hang out with them and will listen to their advice.

Size and looks don't have anything to do with it. I once dated a man who was only 5 ft 5 inches tall and he was a tough son-of-a-gun and nothing wrong with his courage. He was a professional bull rider and got a lot of respect from both men and women.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:32 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,142,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I like less-masculine men. Don't know why.
same, though i have noted that masculinity is less popularly desired from women these days. i read something recently about hormonal birth control causing women to go for less "masculine" men that i thought was interesting. i have always shunned the idea of taking hormones daily so that could explain my "unusual" love for masculine men. i don't mind- less competition!

Old 10-18-2013, 01:33 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,632,746 times

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RjF93E4LjlA

Old 10-18-2013, 01:37 PM

20,693 posts, read 19,841,962 times
Super attracted to maleness!

Dominance. Leadership capability. Confidence.

HUGE turn on.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:41 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,704,744 times
I like men who would never come to a forum and complain about women. In my opinion a real man simply doesn't do that. I like men who are funny and smart and naughty and they can come in all kinds of packages. I don't like tall men and I'm not attracted to really built guys but in saying that I have gone out with both because there was something else that I found attractive. I like tough men who can cry and be in touch with feelings, I like men who smell good and wear Levi's. I like men who can be gentle and kind to others. I like men who understand that they are human. Oh and I love my men to be hung in the right department too.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:49 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,948,192 times
I'm the manliest man my friends have ever met. That's no bragging, that has came out of most of there mouths in person.

I am not afraid to take a leader's role and I'm not above helping people out. I make decisions and do work that not very many people are willing to do, and I love the hard work and the amount of hours I put in every week while doing it.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:53 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,632,746 times
Am curious How do woman feel about male nurses . I am very secure with my self as a man. I am doing it for all the right reasons .if being a nurse make me less of a man so be it. Have a job that matters and helping people matters to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships