Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 03:32 PM

60 posts, read 121,910 times

Advertisements

Sound reasoning.

Quote:
You won’t find many girls that have had sexual partners uglier than themselves, but you’ll find an endless list of guys that have – in fact, there is a contingent of men that have sex with girls less attractive than themselves almost as a rule. Because men can have sex without worrying about pregnancy, social stigma, rape, less about STDs, etc., they attempt to have sex more often. This is so obvious that it might not be worth stating, but ultimately, it means there is a deficit of women for promiscuous sexual relationships. The relatively high demand for females means that women have more and better sexual options.

Men will usually sleep with women that are between 1 and 3 points lower than themselves on a 10-point scale, which means that women are usually sleeping with men that are 1 to 3 points higher than themselves. Men may get laid more often, or at least, have sex with a larger number of partners; but women get to sleep with men of higher quality, in other words, men that are "out of their league."

I often wonder how much this affects girls’ self-perception. Do women know this, and high-five each other after sleeping with guys far more attractive than themselves, realizing all the while that they will someday end up marrying a guy that is much less attractive than what they've experienced until he came along? Or are they unaware of the above-described phenomenon, and conclude that their sexual exploits accurately reflect their options for a spouse, only to be disappointed later in life?
The Rules Revisited: Women Get to Play Out of Their League
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 03:35 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Oh good grief.

Old 10-19-2013, 03:40 PM

1,344 posts, read 4,764,494 times
I don't really disagree, but it really only applies to some men and women, some of the time. But this is City-Data, so I'll let this sweeping generalization slide.

Old 10-19-2013, 03:42 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Oh good grief.
I know, right?

People waste so much time and energy of some really stupid things don't they?

Old 10-19-2013, 03:53 PM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times
If you're going to believe in leagues, wouldn't the fact that the men and women are sleeping together mean that they are in the same league? Like attracts like.

Old 10-19-2013, 03:55 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
I wouldn't say this is incorrect, but I don't know if this is correct ether.

I've seen a lot of things in my lifetime though, so it's definitely not 100% wrong.

Old 10-19-2013, 04:12 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Actually, if you familiarize yourself with the search function on this forum, you will find that:

1. This has been discussed a million times.

2. I've posted links to a documentary that explains how most people tend to end up with partners within a point or two of themselves, and that one or two points is no great disparity.

Old 10-19-2013, 04:15 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,627,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurney Halleck View Post
Women who might "play out of their league" will not succeed as a general rule. Reason is simple - there aren't enough places for everyone to place themselves "out of their league". So your premise is completely wrong - nobody makes you unable to hit on anyone, another story is how it's going to unfold in the end and what that other person is looking for. It's two persons who make a relationship.

There's another mistake in your logic and it is related to worrying about pregnancy. If guys never cared, you wouldn't have lots of men running away when a woman tells them she's pregnant, in an attempt to avoid facing the consequences, often followed by starting bad rumors as a way to exact payback to ruin woman's chances of finding anyone if she chose to carry the child to term. Also add there the fact that no guy has any say about pregnancy - but he will be subject to paying for a child even though he might not even be able to see the child. Some of those issues are what made the "Peter Pan generation" to grow in USA and the media are successfully exporting its influence to widespread population to amplify the effects of it.

The issue why men worry less about STDs is because society generally worries more about women and makes sure that women think of their health - men may or may not get the same message or to the same extent and it's often rather about how they, their friends or parents might alter such ignorance and recklessness by getting informed of potential risks and ways how to deal with it or how to lower the risks in general. AIDS affects men and women in the same manner, same like numerous other sexually transmitted diseases, after all.

The story about "deficit of women" when it comes to sex is another BS story - most women simply don't want to have sex with YOU. I've found out when I dated in America that your mainstream date, be it male or female, doesn't reason the way you seem to hint that they would.
They will want to have sex with you when they feel like it - U.S. men simply have lower threshold about initiating sex and it's a long story why, ignorance of STDs is just a small fraction why, there are other reasons as well. That doesn't mean that an average woman would "restrain" herself either - she WILL have sex with you if she feels like it, she won't pull the x dates/months or waiting-till-engagement/marriage rules IF she wants to have sex with you because she likes you. In fact, if you opt not to have sex with her she'll have sex with someone else if she finds someone else who sparks her interest to date him, just like any average U.S. man does in the same situation.
Bottom line is - if she likes you enough to have sex with you, she'll show signals that she wishes to have sex with you even if you avoid sex and reason differently, that's something that your average U.S. guy figured out and that's why they will subtly get to know her and quickly get to the point to avoid all the BS and stringing along - something that women would do as well if the dating norms were reverse.

Old 10-19-2013, 04:28 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurney Halleck View Post
Its not that "women" get to play out of their league.

Its more like many men are dogs that will bang anything with a whole.

Not to mention theres more than just looks. If you've been around this forum long enough you'd realize many guys couldn't bang a 3 if they looked like brad pitt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 10-19-2013, 05:47 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I know, right?

People waste so much time and energy of some really stupid things don't they?

There is a shi*load of unarticulated angst out there, what's wrong with articulated angst?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships