Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 10:30 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Good call! I didnt consider that one!

Me, I used the DeLorean and traveled back in time to figure that one out. I just HAD to see it once and for all.

I almost got stuck there too. The flux capacitor started acting up, but luckily I had a spare Canootzen Valve under the hood, and patched up my low gigawatt production issue.

Part of me considered staying back there, but I was afraid the butterfly effect may have deleted my existence, so I came back to city data.

I don't care what anyone else thinks...but that post was awesome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2013, 10:37 AM

589 posts, read 639,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Just because you can't do something, doesn't mean it's impossible.
C'mon people.

I dont make claims to date models and attract playmates. I am unskilled in attracting the typical 'model type' woman.
That doesn't mean I have no skills, and it also doesn't mean ALL of my skills are lessor than you or the next person.

TBH, most people are amazed at my gaydar. Thing is, with the metrasexual push the past 5 years, my gaydar is probably not as good as it used to be.
But I seldom am wrong about such things.

I bet you have a skill that I can't compete with. Perhaps you can calculate pi to the 21st digit in your head, or can make a ham sandwich like none I've ever had before. And me telling you on a forum that "no you can't" is just about as counterproductive as I can imagine.

Don't believe anything I say, I literally don't care.

Unless a gay guy is practically shooting flames out of his ass, no one's gaydar is that good. Arrogance is an ugly trait, perhaps the ugliest after jealousy.

Old 10-23-2013, 10:51 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,671 times
I can see dating around to a point and if all the involved parties know that you're dating around and not exclusive, then technically you're not doing anything wrong. However, if one guy has now made it known he wants to be exclusive, then you should let him go because obviously you're not looking for the same kind of relationship. And it definitely seems dishonest to me if one of these guys say hey what are you doing and you have to lie to him because you're going out on a date. If you have to lie, then yes you're doing something wrong. If everyone is cool, then you should be able to say oh I have a date tonight, I can't see you and there shouldn't be any problem, right?

I personally wouldn't want to be in a dating situation where I was dating too many people to keep track of and had to make up lies to cover up that I was dating other guys. I've dated more than one person at a time when I was just getting to know someone, but not for more than a couple weeks. After a couple weeks I choose the one I like the best and focus on that one person. What is the point of juggling multiple people for many months even if you don't want a serious relationship?

Old 10-23-2013, 10:56 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
Unless a gay guy is practically shooting flames out of his ass, no one's gaydar is that good. Arrogance is an ugly trait, perhaps the ugliest after jealousy.

yawn.

Old 10-23-2013, 11:21 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,299,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
I don't trust people who are so sanctimonious about honesty. I think they themselves are the most DIShonest.
How can you tell if one is sanctimonious without even having met them. I mean, we are having a discussion about honesty here, and the OP asked for input, so when one gives it, it's not exactly like they are being sanctimonious, they are just participating in the discussion.

Your statement is like the people who believe that anyone who says they drink, but don't have a problem are in denial, and therefore hold it as evidence of a drinking problem. It's just not so.

Now whether I am honest or not (the quote you responded to was in response to my quote), that's an evaluation that each person I deal with will have to make. All I can say is that I am up front about my dating, and in reality, when it comes to fidelity, I don't leave much left to be DIShonest about. So believe what you want, but as it relates to this discussion, I'm pretty transparent with those I date.

I didn't go back and read, but wasn't it you who was bragging about not honoring your word, and just cheating anyway? I'm not sure, but I thought so....

EDIT:

Yeah, this....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi64 View Post
I think it's okay to date multiple people whether they think you're exclusive or not. Even if you've actually said you're going to be exclusive. Promises like that are often made to be broken.
Not sure you have a lot of moral ground to call someone else dishonest. You blatantly admit that you will lie to someone's face, even about something as intimate about sexual exclusivity.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:21 PM

393 posts, read 466,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
How can you tell if one is sanctimonious without even having met them. I mean, we are having a discussion about honesty here, and the OP asked for input, so when one gives it, it's not exactly like they are being sanctimonious, they are just participating in the discussion.

Your statement is like the people who believe that anyone who says they drink, but don't have a problem are in denial, and therefore hold it as evidence of a drinking problem. It's just not so.

Now whether I am honest or not (the quote you responded to was in response to my quote), that's an evaluation that each person I deal with will have to make. All I can say is that I am up front about my dating, and in reality, when it comes to fidelity, I don't leave much left to be DIShonest about. So believe what you want, but as it relates to this discussion, I'm pretty transparent with those I date.

I didn't go back and read, but wasn't it you who was bragging about not honoring your word, and just cheating anyway? I'm not sure, but I thought so....

EDIT:

Yeah, this....

Not sure you have a lot of moral ground to call someone else dishonest. You blatantly admit that you will lie to someone's face, even about something as intimate about sexual exclusivity.
Firstly, it's very possible to tell if someone has a particular attitude about something without having met them. By your logic, no one could say for sure if Hitler hated Jews unless they met him, even if they read Mein Kampf with its vehement anti-Semitism. There is a difference between expressing an opinion and being sanctimonious, and many people on this forum do the latter. And that is what I thought Liberty2011 was doing. If you disagree, fine.

Secondly, saying you don't have a problem with someone being dishonest about a particular subject is very different from being sanctimonious and hypocritical. When someone vehemently condemns people for something, such as infidelity or being gay, in many cases they're doing exactly what they're condemning others for.

Last edited by Pi64; 10-23-2013 at 02:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships