U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 12:22 PM

47,930 posts, read 43,389,049 times
wow everybody is doin the date and attraction thing except me.
i had no idea that all the women in the world were nuts about black men.
i mean i know i am naive but their level of discretion must be unbelieveble
i mean i never see them with them or talkin about them or anything.
if there some sort of self help program where they can be directed
to so they can overcome their confusion and realize what they really wanted
all along was to date black men.
-better yet is there a self help group that can help them realize their confusion
and realize they really wanted to date me all along and did not realize it?
thanks

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 11-21-2007 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 11-21-2007, 12:31 PM

2,978 posts, read 2,788,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlekitten View Post
Well if they didn't complain about preconcieved notions of skin tones, it would be something else.
Who's complaining? Whether or not I decide to call into question the motivations of prejudiced people hardly determines whether these notions will continue to persist.

Quote:
Accents, haircuts, shoe styles...We can't judge someone else of a different color any easier than we can of the same color, what difference would it make?
I wish it were only that superficial. Color makes all the difference to most people. It's too easy to pretend you don't see it, and make judgements (however inaccurate) based upon it.

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, a man needs to make an effort, to show he wants to be with a woman.
And women need to make a concerted effort to see a man for what he is, not what his immutable physical attributes "represent" to them.

Quote:
Nothing stops you from having to "prove" that what he or she has on the inside is indeed of value anymore than the next person, no matter what race you are.
It is undeniable that some groups (due to the pervasiveness of negative societal stereotypes) are forced to have to "prove" themselves more than others.

Old 11-21-2007, 12:35 PM

8,002 posts, read 12,690,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoeboy View Post
We owe it to them, since black woman more than any other race of woman stay loyal to their own man.
Where does this Stupid mentality come from??? And that is exactly what it is STUPID! If a black woman is dating a non-black man exactly who is she being unloyal to? Is she cheating on all black men?

When I was younger and out on a date with a black man, I got a lot of dirty looks from black girls You would of thought by their reactions that I was out with THEIR boyfriend, which was not the case. Apparently these girls that were giving me dirty looks OWNED the man I was out with.

Should I start getting offended when I see a white guy with a non-white woman now?

Jeez ~ Get over it! Who cares!

Old 11-21-2007, 12:58 PM

7,064 posts, read 11,293,530 times
Not sure.
I'm white and in love with a white man.

Does it really matter?

Old 11-21-2007, 03:13 PM
miu

12,680 posts, read 20,778,950 times
Quote:
MIU, what fantasy. I only date black & hispanic women mostly. So what fantasy are you reffering to. I have had white girls who were friends & i dated a asian, who was philipino before. So know i dont have any fantasy about a type of woman base on their race. I was just stating why is this happening, even on the tyra banks show. There were a group of woman ask to say what man is the cutest. The 2 white girls & a asian girl both pointed at the black dude. Im now starting to feel guilty about my co-worker. Because i hooked her up with a black man who makes over 200,0000 a yr. And i know there are some black woman who need a man, and since woman are the majority in the u.s. I know it can be harder for black woman because they already are a majority, now they have to compete with white, asian, hispanic, or native american woman for there men. I wish he would have gave more black woman a shot first before he started dating this white woman. Just my opinion, i think rich black men must give the sistas the first chance always. We owe it to them, since black woman more than any other race of woman stay loyal to their own man.

I was just trying to find out why their is alot of black male/white woman couples especially among teenagers & young adults.
What bi racial couples you see in your daily life or on the Tyra Banks Show is not necessarily a typical slice of life. As you can see from the other responses in this thread, white women having a "thing" for black men is news to them.

In terms of fantasies. People come in all shapes, sizes and colors. Not everyone is a "10" and not everyone is rich. And so for instance you talk about hooking up a white coworker with a black man that makes over $200k a year and then feeling guilty that you were taking a quality black man away from your black sisters. Now you feel guilty. But my point is that your initial post implied that you feel tons of white women desire black men. Well from this last reply of yours, it's more likely maybe women just are looking for a good looking man or a decent man that makes a good living... regardless of his skin color.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:19 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,180,761 times
I can't honestly say that I really "love" black men.
Very dark skin and very light skin are complete turn offs for me.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:30 PM

2,978 posts, read 2,788,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
Where does this Stupid mentality come from??? And that is exactly what it is STUPID! If a black woman is dating a non-black man exactly who is she being unloyal to? Is she cheating on all black men?

When I was younger and out on a date with a black man, I got a lot of dirty looks from black girls You would of thought by their reactions that I was out with THEIR boyfriend, which was not the case. Apparently these girls that were giving me dirty looks OWNED the man I was out with.

Should I start getting offended when I see a white guy with a non-white woman now?

Jeez ~ Get over it! Who cares!
Thank you!

This ludicrous entitlement mentality is the basis for all the problems with interracial dating/marriage in the first place.

Old 11-23-2007, 01:37 PM

2,895 posts, read 5,225,841 times
Quote:
70% of black/white relationships are black male & white woman. A poll said that 78% of white woman ages 15-30 are attracted to black men. But its just not the u.s, russian women tend to like african american men alot. In germany and australia IR dating is big. Alot of Eastern European women do seem to take alot of interest in bm. It seems that the black male/white woman is very common nowadays. Even in the south in places like ga, tn, sc, nc, miss, la, or tx you can find bm/ww.

Does anybody know why this is happening? I have a co-worker who told me to hook her up with a black dude. I did now thats all she talks about everyday at work all day long. How great he is & how much fun she is having since they started dating. She told me she even has gotten her girlfriends to date black men and they like it to.
Hum (whistling) Hmmmm";
When is someone going to answer the OP's question?
It seems that he want to know why;
Like is it a fad or something; Rebellion; The taboo" temptation", curiosity??
I don't see color; love is love; I'm a 60's -70's flower power" child; Baby boomer to the max. Not too much I haven't seen............................
But the OP needs to be answered by those who are being addressed BM&WW

Old 11-23-2007, 03:58 PM
miu

12,680 posts, read 20,778,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
Hum (whistling) Hmmmm";
When is someone going to answer the OP's question?
It seems that he want to know why;
Like is it a fad or something; Rebellion; The taboo" temptation", curiosity??
I don't see color; love is love; I'm a 60's -70's flower power" child; Baby boomer to the max. Not too much I haven't seen............................
But the OP needs to be answered by those who are being addressed BM&WW
But here's the thing... except for the O.P., none of us sees that there is any trend of hordes of white women wanting black men as their boyfriends or husbands. In fact, it seems to all be in his head. As to the white female friend he hooked up with his black buddy making $200K a year, that seems more like she was grooving his high salary and less because of the dark color of his skin.

Old 11-23-2007, 08:47 PM

384 posts, read 4,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
But here's the thing... except for the O.P., none of us sees that there is any trend of hordes of white women wanting black men as their boyfriends or husbands. In fact, it seems to all be in his head. As to the white female friend he hooked up with his black buddy making $200K a year, that seems more like she was grooving his high salary and less because of the dark color of his skin.

She didnt know how much he makes till after their they knew each other for about 2 weeks. Most men who make alot of money dont women to want them for that reason. So alot dont say anything, or hide until they feel the woman likes them for who they are. Plus why do you think he has dark skin, black ppl can be lightskin, or creole, brownksin, drk brown, caramel , or dark like wesley snipes. Actually he's brownskin not dark
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships