Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 01:25 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,876,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb68 View Post
Maybe, but maybe all the black men fall for the phrase "once you go white, you know what's right"

LOL, Just a joke ~ don't everyone go getting their panties or briefs in a bunch now!!
LOL that is hilarious.

Old 12-01-2007, 01:27 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,133,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatealoneskatetogether View Post
this thread is so stupid. i dont see why so many old farts get so hung up on the race thing. what do i know im a california boy.
What is it that leads you to believe that it is the old farts who are hung up on this?

Old 12-01-2007, 01:46 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,876,721 times
^ I agree w/ HIF. I interpreted the thread starter's post as an observation, not as a complaint.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:00 PM
miu

17,758 posts, read 40,016,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
^ I agree w/ HIF. I interpreted the thread starter's post as an observation, not as a complaint.
And I interpreted the thread starter's post as a boast and not an objective observation.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:07 PM

And I interpreted skatealone's post to be incredibly ignorant and ageist.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:15 PM

15,370 posts, read 38,985,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
And I interpreted skatealone's post to be incredibly ignorant and ageist.
And I interpreted.......what was the question?

Old 12-01-2007, 02:20 PM

28,840 posts, read 30,079,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Okay, not a white woman here, but I have many friends who are white women and none of them are currently dating black men nor do they talk about a desire to do so. These interracial threads are getting to be rather bothersome. Why talk about race as a factor in dating at all? If you get a long great with that special someone, go for it. And ignore the color of their skin, because it's what inside of them that really counts.

He and others are the reason why race is an issue in dating and all other aspects of life

How many of you here realize that the Southern Italian's skin is darker b/c they interbred with blacks....so what? They are beautiful people...but I bet a lot of people did not realize that or do know history....

I once belonged to a domanently black church....they were traditional, even though they broke away from the domanent baptist religion...they were still baptist...and the cultural difference I didn't like, was the fact that their women weight on them hand and foot, make up their plates and feed their men, while the men sit around the table and eat, the women wait???? Plus, even though they seemed religious, they hit their women, it was acceptable...it was also more acceptable to run around on their wives...????

Sorry...had a big big problem with that....I could never adapt to that life style. Some man hit me, I'd get em while they were sleeping, with the biggest cast iron frying pan I had...lol

and the Old Old Italian tradition was the same way....so, I don't care about skin color...what I care about is culture, how a person was brought up...what they believe to be their culture...do they respect other cultures...

white, black, red, or yellow, pink, green, we're all the same....

cept kermit always says, it's not easy being green...anybody care to talk nonesense about kermit, has me to deal with, yanno?

Creme

Old 12-01-2007, 02:26 PM

Creme-

I never thought I was one to discriminate in my men, but I don't think I could bring myself to date a green one.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:26 PM

1,051 posts, read 3,356,003 times
Don't shoot me here, I'm only reporting... I've had a lot of black guys work for me in the past, we would sit around at lunchtime, all of us, white black other colour, whatever... read the paper, discuss sports, our lives, house stuff, etc... the black guys, 9 to 1 said that to have a white woman was a Major status symbol for them in their life... they didn't care how big or small, intelligent or otherwise, rich or poor... it didn't matter. The only thing for them was to have a white girl... what this means I don't know but that is what they said, and I knew these guys pretty good.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:37 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,564,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Town&Country View Post
Don't shoot me here, I'm only reporting... I've had a lot of black guys work for me in the past, we would sit around at lunchtime, all of us, white black other colour, whatever... read the paper, discuss sports, our lives, house stuff, etc... the black guys, 9 to 1 said that to have a white woman was a Major status symbol for them in their life... they didn't care how big or small, intelligent or otherwise, rich or poor... it didn't matter. The only thing for them was to have a white girl... what this means I don't know but that is what they said, and I knew these guys pretty good.
here comes Town&Country, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.