Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 07:14 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,796,190 times

Advertisements

When I look back at my dating life I remember some terrible relationships with some beautiful women. Someone told me it was called the Princess Syndrome. Where very beautiful women can be cold, poor conversationalists, moody, shallow, and unreasonable and still have guys who would love to have a dating relationship with them. The guys put up with their many personal flaws because the woman is just so physically beautiful and sexy and being with her gives them physical pleasure and lots of envy and positive reinforcement by friends and family. Your status is 100% better because you are with such a hot girl.

Men, have you been in a romantic relationship with a woman that was wrong but you stuck around because she was so beautiful or sexy?

Women: Do you think there are many of you who stick with the wrong man because he is so handsome, masculine and sexy?

Which gender is more guilty of hooking up with someone wrong for them due to physical attraction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2013, 07:20 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
When I look back at my dating life I remember some terrible relationships with some beautiful women. Someone told me it was called the Princess Syndrome. Where very beautiful women can be cold, poor conversationalists, moody, shallow, and unreasonable and still have guys who would love to have a dating relationship with them. The guys put up with their many personal flaws because the woman is just so physically beautiful and sexy and being with her gives them physical pleasure and lots of envy and positive reinforcement by friends and family. Your status is 100% better because you are with such a hot girl.

Men, have you been in a romantic relationship with a woman that was wrong but you stuck around because she was so beautiful or sexy?

Women: Do you think there are many of you who stick with the wrong man because he is so handsome, masculine and sexy?

Which gender is more guilty of hooking up with someone wrong for them due to physical attraction?
Hands down, men are more often guilty of this, and for exactly the reasons you say: they want to be envied by their friends.

I've never done this, but I know men who have, and it is frustrating. I have seen close friends of mine put up with horrendous abuse, including theft and physical violence, from women just because they were so "hot." Frankly, I think it makes them look pathetic.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:27 AM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,295 times
The women I think are beautiful are typically quite average by other guys standards.

But if a beautiful, beautiful woman wanted to date me, that I would mean I'd have a ton of $$$ when that day came. So, I'd have equal if not more leverage.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:31 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
I've put up some stupid drama just because she was smok'n. But a man can only handle so much nonsense before it gets old. When you've been with enough beautiful women you'll realize they're really no different than the average woman.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:31 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
I know a lot of men here don't believe it, but I (and a lot of other women) don't put a whole lot of stock into a guy's looks. I am not saying all women are like me, and I am not saying (to a degree) looks don't matter at all. I am just saying it's not the main thing I go for.

Sure, a good looking man might make me turn my head, but it's not the thing that attracts me to a man. Mainly, when it comes to looks, he doesn't need to be handsome or sexy at all. I am looking more for well groomed (good hygiene), cares about himself and takes care of himself, and is comfortable in his own skin. I do like masculine though (but that's more about how a man acts to me).

So that said, I wouldn't stick with a man because of his looks. That would be like keeping a car with a bad engine because it had a nice paint job.

But there are women who do. I've known them before... I've also had guy friends like this. Their behavior makes no sense to me.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:35 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
Yes, I've had this happen to me.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:35 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
I put up with a bunch of crud in my mid/late 20s because she was hot. I think I've grown out of it, but I guess I could be tempted. Nothing like what I was willing to put up with then, which was primarily due to low self esteem.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:36 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,138 times
Guys put up with all my crap...don't know if I'm hot or not, but they don't seem to mind.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:39 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,009,690 times
No, I never put up with an inordinate amount of frustration or drama to stay with a woman based solely on beauty, looks, or her body.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:51 AM

1,344 posts, read 4,764,494 times
Very short term, maybe, but definitely not long term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships