Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2013, 07:02 AM

1,355 posts, read 2,545,973 times

Advertisements

i ran across this site, Virtual Dating Assistants, where they pretty much set you up on dating website then comb some potential matches, email them and set up the first date. all for a nice monthly fee (not cheap but probably cheaper than a match maker).

Virtual Dating Assistants (ViDA)

also i saw other online dating coaches and ghost writers services too. so i was thinking..

has anybody ever used or heard of someone using a service to supplement their online dating? did it help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 07:49 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,802,378 times
I've never tried it, but it's interesting and I am curious to see responses.

If I were to try OLD again though, I noticed there are a lot of books about "how to do OLD" in my local library. I would start there because I've noticed, at least in the business world, so many of these kinds of "consultants" that specialize in peculiar things really aren't any more expert than anyone else who takes the time to pick up a book. They are just good at marketing (but then again... isn't that pretty much what OLD is... so it makes me think).

Old 10-25-2013, 08:06 AM

1,355 posts, read 2,545,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I noticed there are a lot of books about "how to do OLD" in my local library.
those OLD books must literally be o-l-d (like when aol, hotmail, and yahoo were kings). idk, i rarely believe that libraries have current knowledge on trending topics like online dating, my focus would be on amazon, webpages and blogs, and pdf books.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:17 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,802,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
those OLD books must literally be o-l-d (like when aol, hotmail, and yahoo were kings). idk, i rarely believe that libraries have current knowledge on trending topics like online dating, my focus would be on amazon, webpages and blogs, and pdf books.
Some of them are dated for sure. But there are a lot of new ones too, I picked up one that was published in 2013 and it compared PoF, with OKC, Match, and E-harmony and the like. But then again, by the time they are published, they are already several months old (in the making). But most of what I read was really common sense and timeless--about how to write a good profile, what makes a good picture, etc. my library also "Carries" electronic books which are even newer (I can download those to my Kindle).

My library always has new books... then again, I kind of live in an affluent area (I am not rich myself, I snuck in under the radar for good schools and property values). But a poorer area might not have the newest books.

Old 10-25-2013, 08:36 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
1. 3-4 of your best pictures doing interesting things
2. Short concise information about you that conveys a good image and says what youre doing
3. Well written SHORT message that shows some connection between the two of you, something about yourself and a question for him/her

Think of it like a resume, people want a quick read and to get the information they need. Don't put in filler sentences and write unnecessary things.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:53 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
1. 3-4 of your best pictures doing interesting things
2. Short concise information about you that conveys a good image and says what youre doing
3. Well written SHORT message that shows some connection between the two of you, something about yourself and a question for him/her

Think of it like a resume, people want a quick read and to get the information they need. Don't put in filler sentences and write unnecessary things.
Like eating a banana?

That would be doing something interesting picture. What???

Old 10-26-2013, 11:57 AM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Advice if you're just getting into online dating:

1. Be attractive
2. Don't be unattractive.
3. Win at online dating.

And there you have it. The picture will mostly sell yourself. Be sure to write well enough that your spelling mistakes are not numerous and some might see you as kind of interesting.

Hell, if you're attractive enough you can write in Hieroglyphics and mumbo jumbo and women will throw themselves at you, assuming you're a guy.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:49 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Advice if you're just getting into online dating:

1. Be attractive
2. Don't be unattractive.
3. Win at online dating.

And there you have it. The picture will mostly sell yourself. Be sure to write well enough that your spelling mistakes are not numerous and some might see you as kind of interesting.

Hell, if you're attractive enough you can write in Hieroglyphics and mumbo jumbo and women will throw themselves at you, assuming you're a guy.
I think attractive should be replaced with photogenic.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships