Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Being blatant with women
Yes, its good she knows what you want 30 90.91%
No, pretend to be her friend 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 01:35 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,752,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
There's a difference between befriending a girl and hoping that one day you have a chance and being a real friend and having it turn into something more.

People who sit back and secretly love a girl who is not interested are simply spineless and not true friends, always with hidden motives. These type of people don't give good advice to a friend in need, only what will bring him/her closer to themselves.
So what are you saying dude? That men can't be friends if they find a woman attractive? Ive had ladies in my past where i had to make a choice, would i rather have this person in my life as friends? or not at all, eventhou i was gaga over a few it never kept me from doing the right thing. Dude a man who can't separate that isn't mature enough. I also suspect that there are some men who will say anything and pretend to be anything to get that strip of fur, including so called white knights or feminist friends lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 04:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Ok i can understand what your saying, but as a rational logical man, wouldn't it be just as yuck or distasteful to hookup with a guy comming out of prison or a guy who sells drugs to children or a guy who is a drug addict or an alcoholic? But the last i checked these guys are getting hooked up and dates etc.
By nasty skanks, yes.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:40 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,648,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetTroll View Post
This was sparked by some comments in another thread that went awry.

Some of the posters made it sound like women don't want to be hit on/picked up/blatantly flirted with at all.

I've thought they either like you or they don't and you're better off making it known that the reason you're talking to her is to get to know her with the intention of dating her. This is opposed to pretending you want to just be her friend first.

This is in the context of meeting new women, not people you already know.

Also this isn't PUA level corny crap. I mean things like complementing her, flirting, and just generally making it obvious you like her and want to get her on a date. I'm not talking about plying games either.
I agree. You should do it this way.

I think a lot of times men pretend to be a woman's friend at first because he feels it's easier for him and on him.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:49 AM

6,657 posts, read 7,752,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I agree. You should do it this way.

I think a lot of times men pretend to be a woman's friend at first because he feels it's easier for him and on him.
Then you have some guys who feel any foundation of any good ltr is based on a solid friendship and partnership.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:39 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Then you have some guys who feel any foundation of any good ltr is based on a solid friendship and partnership.
This is true but some men enter into the friendship with false pretense.

Friendship is important but starting as a friend as a sneaky avenue isn't.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:41 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,300,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
Fabulous, this confirms most of the timid guys actions to not hit on someone, because typically they don't think the average woman finds him attractive, and even if they're an appropriate age, it will come off as creepy even though it really shouldn't be.
Woah now, I have hit on tons of timid guys, bought them drinks and asked them for their numbers because I found them attractive and knew I would need to approach them myself.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:43 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,300,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiddin View Post
it was said sarcastically. but don't kid yourself if you think your dad isnt' attracted to women your age. it's all social dogma that is soon falling apart. it's your preference of course, so whatever you like but don't be ugly just because a old gentlemen shows interest in you. get real. would you want your dad treated like that if he wanted to say hello to a young lady? probably couldn't picture the thought i'm sure that your dad would ever do anything like that. lol

i was talking to a friend (who could be my daugthers age) and asked: how does the recent social acceptance of the LGBT lifestyle impact the social acceptance of age-difference relationships?

she said she had no idea. here's the answer, NEW RULE: Love is Love, and ppl should support any loving relationship between two consenting adults.

so, what would you say if a gay man tried to hit on me (a straight male) and i responded with pretty harshly that it was unwelcomed?

Yeah, you would call me an assh*le. well, don't be surprised if others find you conduct unladylike also.
I guess you didn't see my post about these men bring rude, inappropriate, grabby etc.

Every time I have been hit on by an older man (no exceptions) they have been extremely inappropriate.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:35 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,430,789 times
Quote:
This was sparked by some comments in another thread that went awry.
Some of the posters made it sound like women don't want to be hit on/picked up/blatantly flirted with at all. I've thought they either like you or they don't and you're better off making it known that the reason you're talking to her is to get to know her with the intention of dating her. This is opposed to pretending you want to just be her friend first. This is in the context of meeting new women, not people you already know. Also this isn't PUA level corny crap. I mean things like complementing her, flirting, and just generally making it obvious you like her and want to get her on a date. I'm not talking about playing games either.
I'm not sure that blatant is the word I like to describe my uninhibited interest in an attractive lady. Maybe I like 'frank' instead, since I wont play the 'I-wanna-be-your-buddy' game if I am for real. I don't have any witty lines or special tactics while I express my interest in getting together. Just friendly positive chat, since honest women are also real people who deserve likewise from myself.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:55 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,288,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
There's a difference between befriending a girl and hoping that one day you have a chance and being a real friend and having it turn into something more.

People who sit back and secretly love a girl who is not interested are simply spineless and not true friends, always with hidden motives. These type of people don't give good advice to a friend in need, only what will bring him/her closer to themselves.

what do you do when a girl tells you after one great date ( a week later ) that she is not over a break up and is thus removing herself from the dating scene , despite her saying this and despite my telling her I like her , same girl keeps emailing and texting you maybe twice per week after this speech , making small talk like a buddy , she even goes so far as to suggest a meet up for coffee ( between friends kinda thing )

is this lady screwed up , why would she rule out romance with you but still maintain communication , we weren't friends before so im not sure this counts as being friendzoned

is this the kind of cowardly - half sitting on the fence thing your talking about only the woman is the guilty party

Old 10-28-2013, 06:08 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times
Quote:
If she's not interested I can tell, and if she really wants it me I can tell. There a lot of situations that could go both ways though. I mean what if she's not really even sure? Even hanging out can go both ways.

Just talking to her means I have to put a lot of time into someone I'm probably not going to be great friends with outside of dating.
Quote:
So you mean perverts, not 50 year old men.
True.

Some men act in this manner, not necessarily older men. However, I pretty much exclusively date older men.

I mean, I have dated men around my age, in their late 20's or early 30's, but in the end, I am most compatible with men in their late 30's to early 40's. I have been approached by men of all ages, but that is the age range I am most drawn to.

When I was 27, I briefly dated a man who was 41, and then ended up in a serious relationship with a man who was also 41 at the time (now almost 43). My most recent ex-partner is 40, and my current beau is 38.

The best, most genuine attention I have received have typically come from older men. As for the OP, if one is going to flirt, be frank about it. I prefer one to be frank over passive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships