Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 05:36 PM

1,721 posts, read 1,519,733 times

Advertisements

Since you have no children and no needs to take care of them what would you spend your time doing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 05:42 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,954 times
LOL! Um ... Hanging out with friends, posting on CD, dancing up a storm, plotting my next vacation, napping ... Tons of stuff to do as a single person without children

Old 10-26-2013, 05:48 PM

21,541 posts, read 8,722,464 times
I have spent my adult life working, taking care of the house, cooking, shopping, going to the gym, reading, watching TV, playing word games on my laptop and visiting my favorite internet sites. When my mother and MIL were alive, I spent a lot of time (and money) on eldercare issues, which would have been a real strain if I had also needed to care for children and put them through college. I have always wondered how other people find the time to raise children as my life seems pretty full without that extra responsibility. I know I've missed out on a lot of joy, too, but I think I made the right decision based on my personality and my background.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:23 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,321,246 times
I spend time with my pets and with friends. I prefer to stay home and read, work logic problems and play hidden object games on the computer. I was always on the go before I retired. Retirement is heaven. I love to take naps.

One of my two cats died this afternoon and I am totally wrecked by it. Tammy's death leaves me with only Annie the Cat. Annie is no spring chicken. So, I'm grieving and reading but I can't settle on one book. Nothing is appealing to me. I suppose I will just have to deal with this loss and let the emotions play out.

I don't have any children. That does not mean a life cannot be lived to the fullest. Everyone defines "fullest" by their own standards and that is what makes the world go round and keeps things interesting.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:29 PM

1,280 posts, read 6,978,619 times
Ketabcha, I'm very sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose a beloved pet.

I'll answer although I consider myself childless rather than childfree since I want and have tried to have children.

I work, read, play on the internet, dabble in photography, take care of my pets, travel with my husband, will start singing in 1, possibly 2 choirs in a couple of months, teach Sunday School, and sometimes do respite for foster children.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:43 PM

11,368 posts, read 9,280,838 times
I spend my time mostly alone. But unlike many others I am happy with myself.
Reading, watching sports, posting and reading CD, and spending time with friends (but not that often).

I have zero regrets on my decision not to have children.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:49 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,625 times
A lot of my time is spent at work.
My husband & dogs.
FIL, step MIL... neice, MIL, step FIL, SIL
over the years other siblings and parents, when we are near them
Then, friends. I do like to be alone or just with DH. Jobs are physically demanding and we often put in 10 hours so once that's done, I don't have the energy to go and do a lot. I come home, take care of the pets and dinner, relax and it's off to bed a couple hours after that. I don't like to be around others during free time after work days are done.
We spend a lot of time on home projects, sporting events, movies, hiking, and day trips. We both have dealt with health issues so staying at home isn't a problem for us. When it's weekend time, we'll do workouts and go out to dinner, but we aren't like others who feel the need to fill every hour with our life with major activities. We don't have to be on the go 24/7. I can't imagine how people do that.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:52 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
I have children but my children are grown, have their own families and live 5 hours away so I am going to answer this.

I have always had my own hobbies and I do spend a lot of time by myself which is fine with me. I don't need a lot of entertainment I just need a good book, fresh coffee, plenty of smokes, my jammies and no interruptions.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:01 PM

7,487 posts, read 8,002,874 times
Searching for that perfect piece of stinky cheese is a full time job. Furthermore, if I had childern then I would have share my stinky cheese with them.

Actually I enjoy the freedom to do what I want. I often just hop in the Jeep and head out for the day with no plans.

Old 10-27-2013, 02:28 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,369,627 times
Youngsters are just not my kind of people, so I haven't made any.
I spend my time reading, writing, watching, listening-to stuff online, mostly.
I do the usual tasks of everyday living, taking care of my household-
and entertaining & educating my own self-that's work enough to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships