Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 07:28 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,637 times

Advertisements

Do you think it's a possible for a young man (20's-early 30's) to really like a woman, be attracted to her, want to get to know her, possibly even want to pursue a relationship with her but NOT have the desire to have sex with her--as in he doesn't really have sexual thoughts about her, but entertains romantic thoughts? He is a complete gentleman toward her, takes her out, likes spending quality time with her, but he doesn't leer at her body secretly, or think about how she'd look naked, or any of those other things. He just likes her and could care less about whether or not they'll have sex.

I know it's possible for a woman to be this way. In fact I've been this way before. I've liked a guy, wanted to be with him in an LTR, found him attractive, wanted to get to know him better, had a couple of dates, but I didn't really feel the need to have sex with him or if I did, I could have put it on hold and waited for a very long time before I chose to have sex with him.

I know that it's probably more common for a woman to find herself in a situation like this(if we were talking about genders) but I wonder, if young men that are often in their sexual prime, can ever find themselves in this situation?

I remember a friend of mine complaining because she was dating a guy that was a really good guy, and he never made sexual advances, looked at her sexually, or made any physical moves. At first she kept talking about how "nice" he was but then she started to feel like he wasn't attracted to her, and that something was wrong because he wasn't trying to get in her pants like most guys would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 07:31 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
It's possible, there are asexual men.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-26-2013, 07:32 PM

428 posts, read 445,441 times
What's with all these "make a choice" threads as of late? Sheesh, most guys including myself want your "stuff". It's testosterone, it's male nature. If not in any way shape or form, we hook up at our local nursing home.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:34 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Amazingly enough there are a lot of men out there who do not have sex as the main priority in their lives.
For some the sex eventually comes around for others it never does but they still have good relationships either way because they are with women who are compatable with them in all areas.

I actually know one couple who have been married for 43 years who have not had sex as part of their relationship for at least 30 years and perhaps longer yet they remain married and very much in love with each other and they have no children.
Throughout the years they have both had health issues that have caused their lack of sexual interest and it works for them quite well.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Amazingly enough there are a lot of men out there who do not have sex as the main priority in their lives.
For some the sex eventually comes around for others it never does but they still have good relationships either way because they are with women who are compatable with them in all areas.

I actually know one couple who have been married for 43 years who have not had sex as part of their relationship for at least 30 years and perhaps longer yet they remain married and very much in love with each other and they have no children.
Throughout the years they have both had health issues that have caused their lack of sexual interest and it works for them quite well.
That's a hard pill to swallow though for the guy who dreams about it and can't wait to get home to rip their clothes off though, don't you think?

Old 10-26-2013, 07:46 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
I would say it's not very likely. It's also never happened that I've felt that way about someone. To me, a relationship with out desire is a friendship.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:48 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
LOL.

Yeah. In a Disney movie.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:53 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busse_Reeve View Post
That's a hard pill to swallow though for the guy who dreams about it and can't wait to get home to rip their clothes off though, don't you think?

I suppose if you are in the relationship focusing on the sexual part it could be but if you are in the relationship because you love who you are with, just them, without all the outside blah blah it works out.
Obviously it has for them because they are still together.

Think about it though, if you love someone and you are with them and you or they get a dvastating illness or are in an accident do you leave them just because they cannot have sex with you as often as before or ever again?
Do you love them enough to stay with them no matter what the circumstances are?
If you cannot honestly answer yes to that question then you are with the wrong person for the wrong reasons.

There are so many things that can happen throughout one's lifetime to change the intial attraction factors between two humans. If those factors change do you toss the entire relationship in the trash?

This is a good blog topic, I'll have to do that soon........

Old 10-26-2013, 07:56 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,991,054 times
This is very common among middle aged guy friends I know. They want a partner for friendship and romance, but don't care a lot about sex.

It doesn't bode well for women of the same age, with our high sex drives :/.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I suppose if you are in the relationship focusing on the sexual part it could be but if you are in the relationship because you love who you are with, just them, without all the outside blah blah it works out.
Obviously it has for them because they are still together.

Think about it though, if you love someone and you are with them and you or they get a dvastating illness or are in an accident do you leave them just because they cannot have sex with you as often as before or ever again?
Do you love them enough to stay with them no matter what the circumstances are?
If you cannot honestly answer yes to that question then you are with the wrong person for the wrong reasons.

There are so many things that can happen throughout one's lifetime to change the intial attraction factors between two humans. If those factors change do you toss the entire relationship in the trash?

This is a good blog topic, I'll have to do that soon........
If we were ill and this happened LATER in the relationship, fine, cool with that. You just described most senior citizens. "If" it is right from day one and both are perfectly healthy and capable, I'd rather not date my straight male closest friends. This sounds like that to me. No sex and no sexual attraction. No relationship for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships