Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 02:22 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10th Man Down View Post
I see average women with average women but they're usually in their 30s. By the age of 30 women are no longer controlled by their sexual urges and are choosing the men with his long-term potential to provide and care for a family. That's not winning, that's paying for some other guy had - and that guy had it for free and in abundance.

One of my closest female friends is a 26 year old who can wipe the floor with most women who are considered attractive by the social media. During her teens and until she was 25 she was living with this shaved hair, tatooed biker who never had to work a day in his life. She payed for everthing, took him out and a lot of the time he wouldn't even have sex with her because he was bored.

At the age of 26 she developed the urge to have a baby. She reconnects with this average guy who went to school with her and voilá. 3 months later she's pregnant and he's paying for it. The difference between these two guys? The latter one had a good job.

What does this have to do with average men?

Well, I'll tell you what it has to do with the dating dynamics in the life decade of 30.

The average women had their fun with the men they never saw any future with, and then they settle for the lackluster guy, the average guy, the guy who suffered a draught of sexual attention in his 20's, which makes me very tolerant of the lack of sexual attraction the average woman has for the average man.

Have you ever seen women barely able to control themselves in the presence of the Alpha men? Hell, I've even seen women wet themselves(and it wasn't urine) just by having the guy say '' Hi'' to them.

Average men can't have that power? Then, don't bother with women.

And how I remember my classmates who're shacking up with average-men but trying their hardest to get pregnant by Alpha males .
I'd qualify myself as your average run of the mil guy. When it comes to looks, I'm going to be overlooked most times, but when it comes to my speaking ability, people do listen. It's why online dating never catered to me very well. I don't feel very photogenic and a profile is just words on a screen. When I'm in one on one situations I shine, because talking and making people feel comfortable is my craft. Comes very easy for me and I'm fortunate to have a bit of a gift for gab.

Like I said, some people may just try situations that don't cater to their strong suits. For instance, a guy who is introverted, is likely not going to go out to a bar or club and spark up conversations with a stranger. It isn't their strong suit, so they need to find avenues that better match what they are good at. Frustration is when you keep trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 02:30 PM

2,628 posts, read 4,296,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10th Man Down View Post
Yeah, but those are extreme cases. As rare as an extinction event on the level of the wiping out of the Dinossaurs. Never have I seen an average guy, one of my friends, strike gold with the average girl let alone a beautiful woman who also has the brains to be a high level lawyer and the feminity of Emmy Rossum in the Phantom Of The Opera. Life is not a ''chuck'' episode.
Women are not mindless bees drawn to the honey of alpha jocks the way you seem to think. People bring different things to the table besides looks when it comes to attraction. In my best friend's case, I watched his relationship develop because we were roommates at the time he started dating his wife. They met when they were in law school together and they bonded over shared interests and sense of humor. He's a great honest guy that has interesting hobbies and interests and they make a great couple. His wife is not secretly lusting after 'hotter' guys because she could have had her pick of them when she was single and she chose my friend.

I know for a fact my girlfriend is not with me for my looks or my money. She is much more attractive then me (there is a picture of her in my dog photo album if you don't believe me) and I am certainly not rich. We are just very compatible. We have similar values, we both have a wide range of interests, we both value education, we both like being physically active, and we both love animals. She doesn't need a man to take care of her, and she is not settling because she just turned 30. She just enjoys spending her time with me.

Normal relationships are not rare. They may seem impossible for delusional people that are obsessed with themselves or who cannot separate the interactions they see in movies with reality, but for well adjusted mentally healthy people they are a reality more often than not.

Old 10-31-2013, 02:35 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,598,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think it is kind of weird people always say "attractive people don't do online dating."
This forum is really the only place I've heard anyone say this in the last decade or so. It may have been true in the early days of online dating, but these days all anyone needs to do is browse any major dating site to see that plenty of attractive people use them.

Old 10-31-2013, 03:51 PM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
This forum is really the only place I've heard anyone say this in the last decade or so. It may have been true in the early days of online dating, but these days all anyone needs to do is browse any major dating site to see that plenty of attractive people use them.
I totally agree with you.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:15 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,292 times
Quote:
It was mentioned in Movie 43. Halle Berry's date was surprised she did online dating because well, she looks like Halle Berry.

I do think in general very attractive people don't need to use it. But it represents another avenue. At this point I know tons of people who have met using online dating, so there's no stigma anymore.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:10 AM

752 posts, read 1,164,295 times
As I said before I do believe in leagues. But somehow I do not look at leagues like something up and down just different. I do not think about women like she is above or below my league just different. Work for me as I said before.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:14 AM

3,793 posts, read 4,598,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I do think in general very attractive people don't need to use it. But it represents another avenue.
Exactly. Nobody I know (very attractive or not) who uses dating sites needs to use them. It's all about increasing the size of your pool.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:24 AM

39,209 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Exactly. Nobody I know (very attractive or not) who uses dating sites needs to use them. It's all about increasing the size of your pool.
It is just another way to meet more people, nothing more, nothing less.

Old 11-01-2013, 11:49 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,195,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
From your experience?

From what I can tell, most posters here fancy themselves as above average. There are a group of men in the exception obviously. But excluding those guys, most people think they have a decent amount going on.

I'm also pretty sure Scarlett Johannsen and Brad Pitt are not posting here. That would lead me to believe most people here are positioned so they have leagues above them and leagues below them. So, how much is it really about leagues?

How often does "I'm not attracted to you" essentially mean "I'm out of your league, you're kinda cool and nice and all, but I know I can do better. Too bad you're not cuter, it might have been beautiful. " It really makes a lot of sense if I think about it.

I would love to go out and test this theory myself and hit on women lower and uglier than me and they should for the most part reciprocate my affection. Unfortunately, I can't really think of any women who are below me, so I can't. Maybe some of you other guys can do it, and tell me how it works out.
"I'm not attracted to you" means I'm not attracted to you.

Are there leagues? For the most part, yes. There have been plenty of studies and experiments to suggest that people tend to end up with those who are within a point or two of themselves. There are outliers and exceptions of course, but by and large, like attracts like in terms of dating and relationships.

But that does not imply any kind of egotistical undertone to "I'm not attracted to you." There have been occasions where my friends told me I was crazy not to go out with someone who was good-looking and had all the trappings. But when I spoke to him, there was nothing there. So simply put, I wasn't attracted to him.

Sometimes a cigar is a cigar.

Old 11-01-2013, 04:04 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
"I'm not attracted to you" means I'm not attracted to you.

Are there leagues? For the most part, yes. There have been plenty of studies and experiments to suggest that people tend to end up with those who are within a point or two of themselves. There are outliers and exceptions of course, but by and large, like attracts like in terms of dating and relationships.

But that does not imply any kind of egotistical undertone to "I'm not attracted to you." There have been occasions where my friends told me I was crazy not to go out with someone who was good-looking and had all the trappings. But when I spoke to him, there was nothing there. So simply put, I wasn't attracted to him.

Sometimes a cigar is a cigar.
I'll just add that "I'm not attracted to you" does not mean - "You are ugly" or "You are not an attractive person." It means that, for whatever reason, there is no attraction. Sometimes you know the reason why - sometimes you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships