Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 04:48 PM

896 posts, read 1,177,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srnyong View Post
Thank you everybody for your advice. My friend has confronted her husband and he swears up and down nothing is going on. He says he will not initiate texting with her going forward and he will show each and every message to her as he has nothing to hide. At this point, she is considering confronting the other woman and/or setting some ground rules, i.e. 1) No texting unless spouses are copied on the texts, no emails unless spouses are copied, etc... Not sure what that will accomplish assuming they really are hiding their affair.
It won't accomplish a thing if they really are cheating. Chump change will buy them both disposable cell phones. Secret emails are free. Were it me I would not get so wrapped up in this possible other woman but instead would get hardcore serious about enriching my marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 04:50 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
It's either a misunderstanding on the part of the wife or the husband is a complete freaking moron for allowing that on his phone given the "no secrets" agreement concerning phones.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:26 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,093,179 times
Sounds like the other woman is flirting with him.
The "ground rules" are just going to make your friend look like a nutcase, and drive the husband crazy. If he's cheating, the rules won't do any good, and if he's not cheating, the rules are just going to make him defensive.
If I were the friend, I'd want to start spending time together with this "other woman" and the spouses involved...I'd be watching to see how they interact.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:18 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Thank you everybody for your advice. My friend has confronted her husband and he swears up and down nothing is going on. He says he will not initiate texting with her going forward and he will show each and every message to her as he has nothing to hide. At this point, she is considering confronting the other woman and/or setting some ground rules, i.e. 1) No texting unless spouses are copied on the texts, no emails unless spouses are copied, etc... Not sure what that will accomplish assuming they really are hiding their affair.
Stop her from confronting the woman! Geez, that just makes HER look bad - insecure and out of control.

I don't think the guy is necessarily guilty of anything.

The woman could just be HOPING to stir up trouble or was even just trying to pique his interest.

Have her ask her husband to set the woman straight - by calling or emailing her that the message was more suggestive than he and you are comfortable with, and that he won't tolerate anyone making his wife uncomfortable like that.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:17 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,772,842 times
I have same "no secrets" marriage and if I saw that I'd ask him what that was about? Sometimes girls do snarky things to try and disrupt a marriage.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:20 PM

1,500 posts, read 1,772,842 times
Side note: obviously her husband is not having an affair. How irrational is that?!! This reaction is what this girl wanted. She's clearly trying to cause tension in their marriage. It sounds like she has a healthy marriage and should TRUST her husbands words.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:33 PM

44,258 posts, read 64,365,577 times
With is a "no secrets marriage"?

No, wait...what is a "secrets marriage"?

Old 10-27-2013, 09:15 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Men and women can't truly ever just be "friends" just a fact of life.
Please. This is nothing short of a ridiculously false generalization.

Old 10-27-2013, 09:17 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
I think people forget there is something called being emotionally unfaithful. There is somethings that are reserved to committed relationships.
Such as grammar, apparently?

Old 10-27-2013, 09:20 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
To all of the married women out there: What if you saw the following text message on your husband's phone?
"Yes, I miss spending time alone with you. :-( " - Text message from a platonic female friend of your husband.

She has one of those "no secrets" marriage. They have a mutual agreement that they can look at each others phone / email / Facebook / everything anytime they wish.
RED ALERT!! The first word of her text to him is "yes" which implies that he asked her the question.

[appears to me that this "no secrets" marriage is about to be tested]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships