Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 04:18 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Is it weird for a man you just started dating to show you family pictures, and text you pictures of his family--mom, sister, etc? Or to want you to meet his brother/sibling right away? To text you everyday, or want to see you most days? Or any of these red flags that a guy is moving too fast or is desperate to be in a relationship?
No, it's not weird if a man likes you a lot.

You probably need to honestly evaluate whether you like him too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2013, 04:19 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
maybe he still lives with them, and wants to break the ice early

Old 10-27-2013, 04:19 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
Quote:
Lol. Getting old doesn't suck so bad. Though I think when I turn 29, every consecutive year I'll be turning 29 over and over again.

So I guess I can pretty much say that it's a semi-red flag, a normal 26 year old male would not show someone he just started casually talking to, pics of his family that soon. Because he sent me pics of his family, and showed me family photos, I felt compelled to show him pics of my family as well. I just showed him pictures of my sister, and dad, and I did show him recently a picture of my son(to which he said "aw he's good looking, etc". I don't know, I guess it was weird moves on both of our parts lol.

look at it this way at least he did not anthony weiner you

Old 10-27-2013, 04:21 PM

Sharing is caring.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:26 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
Lmao. I think this generation sees everything as a twitter snap shot event. They want to capture every moment in their lives and share it. He sent me pictures of what he eat for dinner. He sent me a pic yesterday of a jacket he bought for his 11 year old sister. Last week he sent me pics of him topless and asked if I thought he was meso-ecto or ecto-meso. I just think some ppl really are vain and want to take pics of everything even petty stuff and post it on either twitter, facebook, or I guess in a texts.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Lmao. I think this generation sees everything as a twitter snap shot event. They want to capture every moment in their lives and share it. He sent me pictures of what he eat for dinner. He sent me a pic yesterday of a jacket he bought for his 11 year old sister. Last week he sent me pics of him topless and asked if I thought he was meso-ecto or ecto-meso. I just think some ppl really are vain and want to take pics of everything even petty stuff and post it on either twitter, facebook, or I guess in a texts.
I do this if I like someone and am with them too. I just like to share. I am not on facebook or twitter though. I don't post stuff to the public or if am not with the guy though.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:33 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Sharing is caring.
Su casa mi casa.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:41 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
It depends on the parties involved.

I met my boyfriend's father after a couple weeks. I was supposed to meet his brother, too, but he was out at the time. His brother has asked about meeting me from the beginning. He also met my kids very early on. However, we weren't "dating" or anything like that from the beginning. We were together. If I'm legit interested in someone, or where there's mutual interest and objectives, there is no "dating."

I'm 29 and he's 38.

With my last partner, I'm sure I would have met his parents early on had it not been for the distance. I "met" his kids via Skype the day we met. I Skyped with his parents within the first month, I believe. He's 40.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:54 PM

634 posts, read 708,781 times
Quote:
Is it weird for a man you just started dating to show you family pictures, and text you pictures of his family--mom, sister, etc? Or to want you to meet his brother/sibling right away? To text you everyday, or want to see you most days? Or any of these red flags that a guy is moving too fast or is desperate to be in a relationship?
Unless these are pictures depicting a story he was telling you about in a conversation, I think it's weird for him to show you pics of his family. I think it might be different if was his kids pics but his siblings and parents? What's the point unless it was a picture with some story to attached to it.

I also think it is not a good sign that he WANTS you yto meet his siblings right away. Wait. First, how long is "just started dating"? I was thinking maybe two weeks but you could mean two months. If it is two weeks, I would be skeptical. He sounds like he is part of an enmeshed family where everyone needs everyone's else's approval, etc.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:09 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayerdu View Post
Unless these are pictures depicting a story he was telling you about in a conversation, I think it's weird for him to show you pics of his family. I think it might be different if was his kids pics but his siblings and parents? What's the point unless it was a picture with some story to attached to it.

I also think it is not a good sign that he WANTS you yto meet his siblings right away. Wait. First, how long is "just started dating"? I was thinking maybe two weeks but you could mean two months. If it is two weeks, I would be skeptical. He sounds like he is part of an enmeshed family where everyone needs everyone's else's approval, etc.
It's been a month. And when he sent me the pics of his family, he was just like "I'm going to meet up with my family for breakfast downtown" and then sent me a pic. Last week I had asked him how he was in highschool
And college in terms of personality, and that's when he showed me pics of him in college and hs. He also showed me his brother and sister and pics of him when he was a kid and then even showed me a pic of him as a baby naked with his member exposed but with a blooper over it and he was just like "yeah that's the type of kid I was".

So I think maybe its just like twitter to him lol. I'm not a pics person so to me it's odd but now that I think about facebook and twitter and the amount of people that post pics of themselves doing the most minor things, I think that's how he sees it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships