Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2013, 06:29 PM

377 posts, read 620,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
hmm, I am not sure there are a lot of women who "require" their dates to be at least 6 ft tall. I think most women perhaps only want their men to be taller than them. That is all. For some women, height is not even an issue.
That's being delusional. Height matters a lot to women. I've known some really good looking <5'8 short guys who struggled with women because of it, and it's not because they were chasing after amazons. You can also confirm this on the dating profiles of most women, which require a height of at least 6 ft and above.

Even though it is quite important, it isn't the most important thing which is looks. If you're tall and hideous, being tall won't help and you look like a circus freak out in public. I'd much rather be a 5'10 guy with an average face than my current 6'3 self with a face even a mother couldn't love. At least then I'd have a decent chance with an ugly fat woman settling for me.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:31 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,073,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
That's being delusional. Height matters a lot to women. I've known some really good looking <5'8 short guys who struggled with women because of it, and it's not because they were chasing after amazons. You can also confirm this on the dating profiles of most women, which require a height of at least 6 ft and above.
As long as you are not really short it does not matter. I am 5'8 and I am doing fine.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:32 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I just wish i had the time to bang a new girl every week . I rather have a great job so i went back to college .

No female is going to pay my bills and sick of being poor at a dead end job.
Well that is definitely acceptable. Both can always be done with enough practice. I was actually getting laid the most when I was working 70 hrs a week lol. Much better reason to drop the "honestly im working 70 hr weeks right now and spend another 10 in the gym. You can come over if you want though" deliver it right and it works great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 10-27-2013, 06:35 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Haha get mad much? Better get a good cry out before you respond again.

I'm droning on about how all the guys here who complain ( and who act like 12 year old girls) make EVERY excuse in the world why women suck. Always blame the women. LOOK AT THIS THREAD FOR GODS SAKE.

I gave a perfect example how theres obviously more to it.

No you bragged about how great you are with women. Big difference. One other thing: I do not cry. Ever. Wonder what your next original insult will be?

Old 10-27-2013, 06:37 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Its online dating, its not representative of real life. Many of the women on the dating sites are narcisist who is using the site to feed their inflated ego. And many of the men on the dating sites are total losers who will be happy with almost any girl.

Well some woman only have ugly friends so they look better when they go out it happens all the time.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:42 PM

377 posts, read 620,021 times
Quote:
Always blame the women. LOOK AT THIS THREAD FOR GODS SAKE.
No one is blaming women here, we're just stating the realities as it is. Women are not at fault for what they are attracted to, and men are not at fault if they simply cannot meet women's standards. If there was anything to blame, it would be nature.

Only a truly delusional idiot who is fundamentally disconnected from reality would think useless and obscurely ill-defined things such as "personality" and "confidence" matter more than characteristics with an actual evolutionary advantage such as looks and height.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:45 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Really? I'm the same person that I was when i started making posts on this forum, I'm just not going to sit back and let women say that it's always the man's fault anymore. Not saying that you personally have posted anything like that in the past, present or future, but I've read it too often on this site, and I'm not going to sit back and say anything anymore.

i think you know that I'm one of the first posters that will chime in and say self improvement will help with any situation, as well as communication, but it's not always 100% those 2, there's always other factors. When it comes to myself, I know I have improvements to make, I don't need other people to try to tell me to change when I've already began addressing the stuff that I can address in the short term, and when people do, I tell them where they can shove there opinions. When it comes to this forum, I'm a lot more reserved than what I feel I should be, and sometimes I don't hold back. Honestly, you have no idea how hard i am on myself at times, so when others try to chime in, I don't let them go too far because they just aren't as rough as I am. But, i don't think I've ever asked for advice on this website before, so when advice is given, I don't want it from them.

The last thing I'm going to say, is I'm a lot of people's "go to" for advice and venting, both IRL and on this very forum. I guess I got a gift or something, because people love asking me questions about people and relationship stuff even though I feel that I'm the last person they should go to since I can't get DATES, so I have to take everyone elses problems and venting, and who do I go to, to vent? I don't have anyone, so I sometimes let it loose here, on a forum, where people can read it, but they don't have to reply to it. And I don't care if people reply to it or not, it's just me venting and releasing steam so I actually HOPE no one replies to it!

BTW, I totally admit that sometimes is misconstrued as "often". LOL
This makes more sense. It just seemed like you were going off on something I said - when it wasn't what I said or meant. Like I said - I'm not saying that dating people that you meet in real life will improve everything 110% - I'm saying that focusing on the bitterness and anger doesn't get anyone anywhere. I feel like you know that - but it just seemed like you directing your anger at me. And I didn't like it.

You know I've always liked you. Just didn't like the way it seemed you were reacting to something I said.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:46 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,073,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
No one is blaming women here, we're just stating the realities as it is. Women are not at fault for what they are attracted to, and men are not at fault if they simply cannot meet women's standards. If there was anything to blame, it would be nature.

Only a truly delusional idiot who is fundamentally disconnected from reality would think useless and obscurely ill-defined things such as "personality" and "confidence" matter more than characteristics with an actual evolutionary advantage such as looks and height.
But its not true. The thing is women are not mainly attracted by looks. They are attracted by personality. Hence if they can't meet the guy in real life, then its not going to work.

Also, this is online dating.

Old 10-27-2013, 06:46 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,528 times
Quote:
Well that is definitely acceptable. Both can always be done with enough practice. I was actually getting laid the most when I was working 70 hrs a week lol. Much better reason to drop the "honestly im working 70 hr weeks right now and spend another 10 in the gym. You can come over if you want though" deliver it right and it works great

My goal now is to just stay busy and get out as much as i can and see what happens.

Guy on hear need to take a look in the mirror and fix things and they be batter off.

I my case I had some social anxiety issuses so you know what i did once i went to college the first time? I took public speaking and Drama and anything i could that will get me out of my convert zone and i was a better person for it.

When it came to talking to woman i just said hello and smiled to every girl i made eye contact with and i would get the same back.

It like kids that are ten years younger then me want to stop going to college thinking they can do it later . All i an do it tell them not to do it and try not to laugh at therm for think that. As soon as you turn 21 the next day you wake up your 25 and your like what happened .

Old 10-27-2013, 06:48 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Biggest problem with this is, that 80% of men cannot possibly be below average looking. Only in a fantasy world, that would be possible. Time for roughly half of our population to redefine what "average" means, because they are visibly disconnected from reality. 80/20 rule is at play here as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships