Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2013, 07:51 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,539,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
Let's be perfectly honest here, even if you don't have a height requirement, you obviously have some other requirement such as a specific socioeconomic background, race, weight, etc. and you're lying if you claim you don't, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with women having these requirements. Just, don't act surprised when a majority of men are left out of the dating game completely.

Also, despite your claim to being ugly (which I doubt, you're probably just a very plain looking women with low self-esteem), you clearly were able to attract men you were attracted to. Given how constrained and seemingly universal standards women have, I'd guess these are at least decent looking men. Now, why don't we talk about how your male equivalent is fairing: a hideous 5'6 guy? Can't even say that's your equivalent, seeing as there a lot more guys willing to date taller women than women willing to date shorter men, but let's say it is for argument's sake. You really expect me to believe even the ugliest of women would give a 5'6 hideous guy a chance when extreme status and money are left out of the equation?
I'm currently with the second boyfriend I've ever had, before this I was single for 4 years. I've only been asked out on a date by a man 3 times in my entire life, and I'll be 30 next month. So yeah, I can comfortably say that most men don't find me attractive. I don't have low self esteem, I happen to think I'm pretty awesome BUT I also know where I stand when it comes to appearances. It's more of a realist approach than anything, but I don't let it affect my life too much.

Regardless, I treat each man that I meet as an individual and don't have any real steadfast requirements. I've been interested in men of different races, broke and comfortable (I pay my own way so that backround really isn't as important as long as he can support himself), weight (from very thin to obese), different heights (from 5'4 to 7'1) etc etc. Each person is an individual and should be treated as such.

And I have plenty of very short male friends and they rarely have problems with women... but I also have quite a few very tall lady friends and they seem to have problems like mine unless they're VERY VERY thin to make up for their height. That's just the way it is, if a woman is taller than the man, she must be smaller to make up for it weight-wise.

But I'm happy with my guy now, so all of this is moot really.

Old 10-27-2013, 07:57 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,353,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
No you bragged about how great you are with women. Big difference. One other thing: I do not cry. Ever. Wonder what your next original insult will be?
Clearly there were tears all over your keyboard as you were typing this. Clear by your defensiveness.

Of course I bragged. Only an idiot would listen to advice about women from someone who sucks with them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 10-27-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
My goal now is to just stay busy and get out as much as i can and see what happens.

Guy on hear need to take a look in the mirror and fix things and they be batter off.

I my case I had some social anxiety issuses so you know what i did once i went to college the first time? I took public speaking and Drama and anything i could that will get me out of my convert zone and i was a better person for it.

When it came to talking to woman i just said hello and smiled to every girl i made eye contact with and i would get the same back.

It like kids that are ten years younger then me want to stop going to college thinking they can do it later . All i an do it tell them not to do it and try not to laugh at therm for think that. As soon as you turn 21 the next day you wake up your 25 and your like what happened .
That is so awesome. More people need to take that kind of initiative.

I hear you on the age thing. I'm 25 and 21 feels like yesterday. I hate to say it but I'm kind of looking forward to 30 for some longer term goals :S

Old 10-27-2013, 08:03 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
Clearly there were tears all over your keyboard as you were typing this. Clear by your defensiveness.

Of course I bragged. Only an idiot would listen to advice about women from someone who sucks with them.

Who's listening to advice from women? I already said I wouldn't take advice from you and you are the biggest b***h on CD.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:03 PM

51,904 posts, read 52,289,476 times
Sounds like a load.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:08 PM

377 posts, read 617,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
But its not true. The thing is women are not mainly attracted by looks. They are attracted by personality. Hence if they can't meet the guy in real life, then its not going to work.
Do you have any evidence to back this up? Do you even have any possible way of quantifying "personality" and "confidence"? No, because such evidence simply does not exist. It is practically axiomatic that women would not date or sleep with men they aren't attracted to, no matter how much "personality" or "confidence" the men in question have. The survey I posted shows that women find the majority of men to be unattractive/ugly and not worth pursuing relationships with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Also, this is online dating.
What does that change? It is a perfectly valid assumption that online dating is a perfect microcosm of dating in the real world. The onus of proof is on you to show that this assumption is not valid.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Who's listening to advice from women? I already said I wouldn't take advice from you and you are the biggest b***h on CD.
Haha because I am the one who has never had a probably meeting/dating/sleeping with women?

While yourself is some keyboard warrior who talks crap on the net and I guarantee in real life youre some pathetic out of shape chode who has no friends, no life, and obviously receives no attention from any women.

Congrats on an obvious miserable existance.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:23 PM

117 posts, read 141,227 times
Quote:
That is so awesome. More people need to take that kind of initiative.

I hear you on the age thing. I'm 25 and 21 feels like yesterday. I hate to say it but I'm kind of looking forward to 30 for some longer term goals :S

Your life is just beginning.Our time on this planet is too short, it´s up to us to make the best of it, and it´s up to you to find out what 'best' is.Good luck.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:27 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,194,030 times
Quote:
Haha because I am the one who has never had a probably meeting/dating/sleeping with women?

While yourself is some keyboard warrior who talks crap on the net and I guarantee in real life youre some pathetic out of shape chode who has no friends, no life, and obviously receives no attention from any women.

Congrats on an obvious miserable existance.

Wrong again moron. I am nearly in shape, workout (run three miles and hit the weight machines each day) three days per week. In fact two weeks ago I completed my first 5k. Came in 632 out of 3166. I ran an 11 minute and 20 second mile. It was a breast cancer run. I ran it for my cousin whom is a survivor. I also take day trips with a close friend that are history and/or ghost hunting in nature. I also am a member of a local art association and the photo arts group within. I love doing photo shoots with my photog friends. Especially in NYC. Any other imbecilic remarks/comments braintrust?

Old 10-27-2013, 08:50 PM

348 posts, read 495,846 times
Quote:

Yikes!!
I tend to find the big braggers are full of sh*t. IME at least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships