U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 05:20 PM

3,795 posts, read 3,845,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Do be aware that if she says no, then she will need you to find a new stylist.
I don't think that this is necessarily the case. As long as the rejection doesn't make things too awkward, and as long as he realizes no means no (i.e. doesn't keep trying to ask her out), there's no reason he can't keep going to her for his hair. If she's as beautiful as he says, she probably can't afford to lose every paying customer she turns down for dates.

I dated my hair stylist years ago. It didn't work out long-term, but she still does my hair. Another ex is still my optician. They're both really good at what they do, so there's no reason for me to go through the work of finding new people for those things just because I don't get to have sex with them anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 05:28 PM

113 posts, read 131,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
I dated my hair stylist years ago. It didn't work out long-term, but she still does my hair. Another ex is still my optician. They're both really good at what they do, so there's no reason for me to go through the work of finding new people for those things just because I don't get to have sex with them anymore.
excellent, somebody who has experience

How did you do it and what's the best way of doing it for me? (asking her out)

Old 10-28-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerShah View Post
How did you do it and what's the best way of doing it for me? (asking her out)
I honestly don't remember. It was years ago, and I've dated way too many people since then. I asked her out. We probably went for drinks after she got off work or something.

I'm still not sure what you're asking, really. Are you asking how to ask out a woman in general? Or do you think there's something different about asking out this one than asking out anyone else? You know this woman, and you know what tends to work or not work for you. I know neither of these things.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:31 PM

35,121 posts, read 39,987,519 times
Quote:
I have confidence, I'm just trying to figure out the best option of doing this

I can go to her work place, ask to see her and ask her out
I can go to her work place to buy something (I actually do need to get some shampoo) and then ask her out after I buy it
I can wait till my next haircut and then ask her out after she cuts my hair

You don't think it's a good idea to build rapport before asking her out? I feel like just going in cold and asking her out right away is the equivalent of going into a gym and trying to do the most weight possible without any kind of a warm up

If you actually were confidant you would not be asking a bunch of strangers what the best option is and how to ask her out.
If you cannot figure this one out all by yourself you are not ready for much beyond a hair cut.
For crying out loud, how hard is it to say.............Would you like to go to dinner?

cripes

Old 10-28-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
For crying out loud, how hard is it to say.............Would you like to go to dinner?

Which I understand, so should I do that when I see her next time in 3 weeks to get my hair cut or go in and do it this week?

Old 10-28-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Which I understand, so should I do that when I see her next time in 3 weeks to get my hair cut or go in and do it this week?
I probably wouldn't just stop by, unless you have REALLY good rapport. That potentially makes things awkward for both of you in front of her other customers. If you don't have a phone number or email address for her, I'd probably wait until the next appointment.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:39 PM

19,636 posts, read 14,606,950 times
I had a thing for my hair stylist a few years ago. I always thought it was unprofesional to ask her out so I didn't. She finally ended up getting married to a guy that could have been my double

Old 10-28-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
She finally ended up getting married to a guy that could have been my double

Old 10-28-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
I probably wouldn't just stop by, unless you have REALLY good rapport. That potentially makes things awkward for both of you in front of her other customers. If you don't have a phone number or email address for her, I'd probably wait until the next appointment.

That sounds reasonable, I just hate waiting

Old 10-28-2013, 07:16 PM

16,416 posts, read 26,129,295 times
Look at all the people with the defeatist attitude here hahah

Asking out a girl is simple and doesn't require anything. Talk to her, invite her to do something with you and get her number.. simple as that.

Since you're a customer, and would be in front of her coworkers.. try to do it so it's not in front of everyone. Maybe give her your number. Honestly, it doesn't matter what you do as long as you do it and aren't ridiculous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or