U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2013, 08:13 AM

1,106 posts, read 1,130,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laychick View Post
No wonder. Only a kid who finished HS not so long ago would still fill ludicrous statements.
I'm currently 26 and I can't imagine a man my age still doing math number formula, classifying women and saying who is ''wifey material'' or laughing when saying no one has the right to hit anyone person.
Also 26. I don't use any silly formula. No cares if you don't like a common term of endearment for a woman we find to be high level enough to consider her as a life partner. I laugh at the people of CD who deny a true double standard, not that no one should hit anyone. Only the double standards that women get the shaft on are recognized at the great CD forum.

Let's be real here. Age hardly equates to intelligence or wisdom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 08:16 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,722,057 times
There is a special place for people who act violent towards others and that's jail. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:18 AM

35,325 posts, read 25,025,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
It's funny you'll legitmately sit there and type out that there is no double standard there. Are there any double standards that you'll admit exist where men aren't at the advantage of?

There is no double standard there. People shouldn't hit people, period.

There are some double standards in this world (that isn't one of them), no one said that they don't exist. They are juvenile though.

Quote:

Let's be real here. Age hardly equates to intelligence or wisdom.

Intelligence? Certainly not. Wisdom? Not a direct relationship, but there is a positive correlation certainly. Especially in relationships.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
I think some people are delusional. It's not ok to hit anyone. It's not ok to retaliate in anger if it's not a true self-defense situation.

It's ok to get away while you can and get them in trouble. It's ok to hit once or do whatever you can if they are seriously threatening your life or someone else close to you. For instance, if a man was trying to rape me and one of the option was a nut twist, I'll do it. At that point, I wouldn't care if he suffers damages; my life was at stake by then and calling the cops wouldn't stop him from proceeding.
Let's take a look at the recent Jets fan that punched a female Patriots fan. You know the story dont you? He's such a bad guy right?

Here's what the media doesn't say and most people don't know. In the non edited version, she is attacking him first. He punches her in self defense. No one is talking about that. Double standard proven.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:20 AM

9,047 posts, read 8,298,162 times
Quote:
Let's take a look at the recent Jets fan that punched a female Patriots fan. You know the story dont you? He's such a bad guy right?

Here's what the media doesn't say and most people don't know. In the non edited version, she is attacking him first. He punches her in self defense. No one is talking about that. Double standard proven.
Let's not. This has nothing to do with the OP and why threads keep getting closed.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Let's not. This has nothing to do with the OP and why threads keep getting closed.
LOL. Yes, let's ignore a very good example of the double standard currently be discussed and denied. I love it.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:25 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,722,057 times
Quote:
No, I don't know the story.

Quote:
How exactly was she attacking him? By lamely slapping him around and doing nothing else or actually trying to cause great bodily harm, kick him in the groin, using a deadly weapon, etc?

If it's the first, he could have push her away or restrained her (bear hug). If it's the later, then he would have to do something more and if it's punching her once to get her off him so beat it, he can do that.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:26 AM

375 posts, read 316,094 times
Quote:
LOL. Yes, let's ignore a very good example of the double standard currently be discussed and denied. I love it.
If you want to talk about double standards, then why not create a new thread? I don't think anyone wants this thread to close, but if we move completely off topic, I'm sure it will be.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
No, I don't know the story.

How exactly was she attacking him? By lamely slapping him around and doing nothing else or actually trying to cause great bodily harm, kick him in the groin, using a deadly weapon, etc?
She is hitting him as hard as she can. She is hitting like a woman would, but she is still hitting him. He swings and she comes back for more. He is being DEMONIZED in the media, yet she is putting his hands on him and literally hitting him in the face. That is the double standard.

Old 10-31-2013, 08:27 AM

35,325 posts, read 25,025,744 times
Quote:

I'm in Boston and listen to a fair amount of sports radio (98.5) when it was talked about it was spoken about how they both should have been thrown in jail.

Double standard debunked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or