Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 06:58 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,742,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
So? You weren't exclusive and you knew she was seeing other people. Since she was seeing other people (even just first dates) she obviously wasn't that into you.

Seems pretty clear to me.
you're free to think lying is ok. she was very into me. we weren't a good match for long term. i broke it off with her, because it wasn't worth my time dating someone who tried to fool me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 07:01 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Dating casual as in hook up who cares.
Supposed exclusive serious dating no way

Old 10-29-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I would consider it a lie and dump her if she hadn't dumped me first. You and she have incompatible ethics. Hers would work ok for some people, but not for you. Or me.
that's what i did. same day as she spoke of the plans for the friend to visit again, i told her we are done.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:07 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
you're free to think lying is ok. she was very into me. we weren't a good match for long term. i broke it off with her, because it wasn't worth my time dating someone who tried to fool me.
How is it lying? You weren't exclusive and since she was dating other people she OBVIOUSLY wasn't that into you, or else she would be with just you and not be dating other randoms. When I started seeing my guy I deleted my account and ceased contact with the other 2 guys I was chatting with because I was only interested in him.

You weren't together so she had no obligation to you. Now, if you had said you were exclusively dating that would be different.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:12 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If you are dating one person, you shouldn't be dating anyone else, period.
fail

Old 10-29-2013, 07:14 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,237,430 times
Quote:
I agree, but that wasn't my question. It was IF you aren't exclusive, should someone also be free to deceive the other person about the rest of their dating life.
Its not deceiving, its just dating. Unless its been agree upon to date exclusively, theres nothing wrong, and probably a lot right, with dating a lot of people. Its the only way you find someone you want to date exclusively.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:26 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,754,605 times
Quote:
So? You weren't exclusive and you knew she was seeing other people. Since she was seeing other people (even just first dates) she obviously wasn't that into you.

Seems pretty clear to me.
But that doesn't change that the right thing to have done was tell the poor guy b4 hand that she may get serious with someone else and give op a chance to make a choice if that is what he wantted in his life. Obviously after the fact he found out and ended it. If he had wantted that in his life or was ok with it, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
How is it lying? You weren't exclusive and since she was dating other people she OBVIOUSLY wasn't that into you, or else she would be with just you and not be dating other randoms. When I started seeing my guy I deleted my account and ceased contact with the other 2 guys I was chatting with because I was only interested in him.

You weren't together so she had no obligation to you. Now, if you had said you were exclusively dating that would be different.
The lie was that the guy was a friend visiting. The guy was NOT a friend. The guy was a romantic interest. It was a false statement meant to deceive. That is by definition a lie. Don't ask me how it was a lie again, because I can't help you anymore than this. Get a dictionary if you need one.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:43 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,626,028 times
Quote:
The lie was that the guy was a friend visiting. The guy was NOT a friend. The guy was a romantic interest. It was a false statement meant to deceive. That is by definition a lie. Don't ask me how it was a lie again, because I can't help you anymore than this. Get a dictionary if you need one.
Sounds like you thought the 'relationship' was more serious than it was.

I don't see how it was a lie. A romantic interest can still be a friend, especially if it hadn't progressed to romance yet. Like I said, she wasn't that into you if she was still seeing other people. That's the important part.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:48 PM

941 posts, read 3,911,404 times
No, it's not wrong.

Sounds like you're bitter that she didn't pick you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships