U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 11:44 PM

8,628 posts, read 13,885,151 times

Advertisements

For the benefit of all single guys and gals , the very best place to meet is right where you live. It's in a singles apt. Complex. This is the one place where everyone is the same, everyone rides the elevator, everyone does their laundry , parties are a dime a dozen. Think about it , after Colledge , when you get that first or fifth job ( age is not important) you are everyone else and they are you. It's sort of an extension of school in a way, only this time with money! The most like kind people are always your best bet and in a well seasoned complex it's easy to find people with the same interest. Examples, volleyball teams , theater groups cammera club , bird watching , , book clubs , whatever turns you on, ......on hot summer days the pool is as good as it gets. I used to mix up a big batch of " swamp water " , grab a stack of Dixie cups and head for the pool. Everyone in your building will be there, ladle out the drinks as you want, remember you are now in the drivers seat. You are NOT asking that cute girl if you can buy her a drink, you just hand them a cup , bingo you broke the ice with out eather of you knowing it.!

Another spot is if your complex has a bar, many of the larger ones do, and they most likely serve food too., or it might be across the highway, the main thing is it's an extending trail from where you , and that means all of you ,live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 11:55 PM

52 posts, read 92,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Another spot is if your complex has a bar, many of the larger ones
Really? Are you sure you're not thinking of hotels?

Old 11-01-2013, 06:17 AM

16,797 posts, read 14,527,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppage View Post
I know you live at home, but surely you have heard of apartment complexes? Maybe someone you know actually lives in one? Or do all of your friends and acquaintances live in the parental basement as well?

Old 11-01-2013, 06:34 AM

3,552 posts, read 4,361,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I know you live at home, but surely you have heard of apartment complexes? Maybe someone you know actually lives in one? Or do all of your friends and acquaintances live in the parental basement as well?
Ha. I know several decent sized cities where there are not a single apartment complex in the city that list "bar" as an amenity.

In fact. You'd be hard pressed to find many cities with under 500k people that have one. Ive lived in multiple cities over a million people and have not readily seen them around, though I wouldn't argue they might not exist.

A bar nearby or connected to the building is far different than having one in the lobby.

Congratulations, you are naive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-01-2013, 06:49 AM

3,795 posts, read 3,859,840 times
Even here in Chicago, where there seem to be bars on every block, I'm not aware of any apartment buildings with bars *in* them, unless a storefront on the first floor of the building just happens to be occupied by a bar. I've also never heard of a "singles apartment complex." Do they check your relationship status before they let you sign the lease or something? I'm not sure you've actually lived in an apartment. I'm also not sure you've been to "colledge," since, well...you know.

Last edited by nearnorth; 11-01-2013 at 07:53 AM..

Old 11-01-2013, 07:00 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,212,923 times
There are a couple upscale condo towers here that have nightclubs and bars on the bottom floor of the buildings. It's not actually part of the tower though. It has it's own separate entrance and isn't an included amenity (think leased/purchased space). Other than that, I got nothin'.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:21 AM

5,509 posts, read 6,124,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post

That is one of the stupidest things I have read here in this forum
Oh, he's said far stupider things than that, just browse through his posting history. Also look at the history of:

GlitteringPrizes
KnowerOfThings
AStalkingButler
CodeViolationMcEnroe

Since they are all the same guy as our friend Floppage.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Even here in Chicago, where there seem to be bars on every block, I"m not aware of any apartment buildings with bars *in* them, unless a storefront on the first floor of the building just happens to be occupied by a bar. I've also never heard of a "singles apartment complex." Do they check your relationship status before they let you sign the lease or something? I'm not sure you've actually lived in an apartment. I'm also not sure you've been to "colledge," since, well...you know.
Typo, speed check not working , sorry if that offended you , no I've never been to one em Colledge places, grew up in a corn field !

Old 11-01-2013, 07:57 AM

2,540 posts, read 3,521,068 times
A girl I dated in my early twenties lived in a high rise apartment complex in downtown Chicago, right in the financial district. It had several bars and restaurants on the lower floors, as well as a fitness center and a bowling alley. I think her 40th floor studio apartment was around $1800/month, though, so I am not sure if this is an option for everyone.

Don't overlook happy hours as a place to meet women. The setting might be at a bar but the dynamics are completely different. Plus, the drinks are cheaper. It seems that women will enthusiastically shake my hand, ask for my card, give me their number, and make plans to meet up at 5:00 on a Friday, while the same women would look at me suspiciously at midnight in the same bar. An added benefit of meeting women at happy hour is that you still keep your evenings open for dates.

Old 11-01-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppage View Post
Nope , hotel living is quite different , I guess you could ask Paris Hilton about that one....you know the ad , " Hotel -Hilton , Hilton--hotel.....or maybe the Bush twins , or rent the movie again " Hotel " I think it became a short run TV series too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships