U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2013, 12:05 PM

32,928 posts, read 19,884,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip999 View Post
One of my friends (male friend) is dating around trying to find the one. I know this guy and he is definitely searching for the best connection, someone to settle down with but also taking his time. He is in his late 30s,which in the Bay Area is the normal age to settle down. Recently he has met someone that he is interested in spending time with, go hiking, camping etc. She invites him to many activities, they have met each others friends etc. He is attracted to her but the sexual chemistry is just ok...prior to meeting her he has also been involved with someone else whom he is very much attracted to sexually but he feels that they have a age difference of 10 years, therefore she does not naturally mesh well with his friends etc. However, the sexual part is great. So he is stuck between the rock and the hard place tyring to figure out what to do. Please note, it is not a FWB situation with the first woman with whom he has the strong sexual attraction.

I was wondering if any of you have been in this situation and can give some advice. We have already told him to cut the ties with both and find someone with whom he is trully compatible but he tells us that he does not meet many women with whom he has strong connections (both life and sexual) and he wants to figure out what to do.
I honestly believe you friend can have both. Unfortunately, maybe neither one of these girls is a good long term dating material.

When I lost my late boyfriend to a sudden unexpected death, I was complaining that I could NEVER find a man like him ever again, and my life was certainly over. I remember my grief counselor told me "well, you never believed you could have find him, but you did. So never say never. He just proved to you that you can find somebody perfect for you. You can find somebody else just as perfect as him to YOU."

I always remember that. In your friend's case, The first girl proves to him that he can find somebody enjoyable to date, the second girl proves to him that he can find a girl with great sexual chemistry. He can probably find a girl who has both. I know I have found a man with great sexual chemistry and also fine to be with. It happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 12:23 PM

458 posts, read 537,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip999 View Post
One of my friends (male friend) is dating around trying to find the one. I know this guy and he is definitely searching for the best connection, someone to settle down with but also taking his time. He is in his late 30s,which in the Bay Area is the normal age to settle down. Recently he has met someone that he is interested in spending time with, go hiking, camping etc. She invites him to many activities, they have met each others friends etc. He is attracted to her but the sexual chemistry is just ok...prior to meeting her he has also been involved with someone else whom he is very much attracted to sexually but he feels that they have a age difference of 10 years, therefore she does not naturally mesh well with his friends etc. However, the sexual part is great. So he is stuck between the rock and the hard place tyring to figure out what to do. Please note, it is not a FWB situation with the first woman with whom he has the strong sexual attraction.
With his friends?!?!
Who cares about what his friends think?
At the end of the day, finding a partner that knows how to please you physically and sexually is more important than worrying about your friends approval.
100% pure sexual chemistry is a rarity in the dating world. Never waste an opportunity like this when it presents itself to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or