Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 08:55 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
A beta must have tricked you into thinking he was an alpha. That sly SOB!
I was tricked!!!

LOL. I was once told by a guy in this bar that we went to that women like me are never single, which I thought was sweet.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2013, 09:00 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
You need to start looking at the true beauty of people, and not just the skin. Besides, its what is inside the person, their character that is really important. What you want is an honest, kind, loving person. Who wants someone who is all beauty on the outside, but on the inside is a selfish, selfcentered beech.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:01 PM

52 posts, read 111,761 times
I know a few attractive women who are technically single, but they each have a couple guys on stand-by. Attractive women are never single for long.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:38 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,687,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppage View Post
I know a few attractive women who are technically single, but they each have a couple guys on stand-by. Attractive women are never single for long.

There are a lot of attractive women who are actually single for a long periods of time because they don't want to settle for just any man. There are lots of guys they could date if they wanted to, but they don't feel the need.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:51 AM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtbornnard View Post
This was something on my mind today. I'm in college, I'm pretty shy so I'm not good with women at all. My question is that are beautiful women truly single? Women who are good-looking can have any man they want. Do they all have a back up guy if their relationship with their boyfriend or husband goes sour?
They are and I know a few. Most likely they are in their 20s busy with their careers. They also have very high standards to who they want to go out with and they aren't going to settle for less. They know they can get any guy they want and can get sex.

Old 10-31-2013, 12:56 AM

4,338 posts, read 7,507,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
He took a chance PLUS he brought something special to the relationship that many other men just did not bring.

Maybe it was a lot of charm, his intellect, financial stability, accomplishments, a high degree of self-confidence, a wide range of interests, an ability to "click" with women, some combination of the above.......or something she really valued.

He was not just an Average Joe.
An unattractive man with a pretty woman means he is definitely bringing money to the table. I wonder how much he spends on her. If you want a beautiful women, then it is going to effect your wallet. Guys will let the girl know about his finances.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:13 AM

255 posts, read 373,708 times
Quote:
There are a lot of attractive women who are actually single for a long periods of time because they don't want to settle for just any man. There are lots of guys they could date if they wanted to, but they don't feel the need.

Yeah, but if the OP was a top notch man he'd be approached by the beautiful women. Women do seek out the men they want. Most men will never know what's it like to be desired or approached because to most women, most men are like little brothers. Who cares whether Susan is single because most guys don't approach her or because she's not interested in the men who are interested in her? In the end, the OP will still not have her as his girlfriend because he doesn't measure up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Since numbers of men and women are roughly equal (and considering that there are more gay men than women) wouldn't that mean if all the women are dating that all the men are too?

I don't think I am physically beautiful. I figure I am average. But the man I am dating seems to think I look good (based on his comment that he assumed "a woman like you (meaning me) wouldn't have any problems finding a date.") He told me that when I told him I have a hard time meeting good men, like him. He said he didn't believe it could be so hard for me. And after he said that I pretty much had to tell him if he asked me out, I would say yes. Only then did he ask me out. I haven't asked him, but I wonder if he wanted to go out with me for some time, but figured I would say no. And for what it's worth, because I had to coax him into asking me... my overthinking self also wonders the opposite, if he's not into me at all and just asked me because he had nothing else going on.

My point is, I wonder if there is truth to the idea that (for the beautiful women) they don't get asked out... at least not by the good men. Maybe they assume they are taken or won't be interested. I imagine the schwarmy leisure-suit Larry types who hit on anything hit on them.
Numbers of women and men are roughly equal? Where? The working place? There are more than a handful of jobs which have mostly or only males as employees.Mixed workplaces are not the proper locales for a man to ask a woman out. Not only its unprofessional to make a courtship where you work, if she feels slighted you can easily find yourself fired and with a lawsuit to boot.

Its increasingly hard for a single man in his 30's to find women who are single or aren't looking into getting married/have children. A self-respecting man is not going to approach random women on the street, it makes him look a vagina-beggar, and its terribly dangerous for a man to engage a woman in a public place; you have the boyfriends who don't put out any signals of being the woman's boyfriend, you have the whinning betas who'll punch your teeth in because they think the woman is in danger and you have the woman herself - she can call the cops if she's not in the mood for being hit on.

The only propitious social avenue for a man to meet women is right after High School. College. But despite the difference in numbers, women still amass themselves around the same handful of men. There are literally many more thousands of women in college than there are men, but most of those guys will rather head to the nearest pub and get roaring drunk than try to talk to women - below average, average or cute - for they know they have no chance.

Men are sexual beggars. I've seen obese women - really obese women - dating guys who were better-looking, taller and fitter than David Beckham was in his prime. I have never seen an attractive woman date an average man nor have I ever seen a below average man with an average-looking men. Women select for the best possible genes and only a small percentage of men can have that.

In theory most men have a massive playing field in college. They'd have to eventually find someone who matched them, right? Nope. Most of the women are either in relationships or waiting their turn in the Alpha queue Line. As soon as Alpha number 3 is done with the current girlfriend, the girl who is first in the queue line will be the next girlfriend.

And I very rarely see average women with average men, in their 20's. The men is almost always taller and better-looking than the women.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:07 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10th Man Down View Post
Yeah, but if the OP was a top notch man he'd be approached by the beautiful women. Women do seek out the men they want. Most men will never know what's it like to be desired or approached because to most women, most men are like little brothers. Who cares whether Susan is single because most guys don't approach her or because she's not interested in the men who are interested in her? In the end, the OP will still not have her as his girlfriend because he doesn't measure up.

Numbers of women and men are roughly equal? Where? The working place? There are more than a handful of jobs which have mostly or only males as employees.Mixed workplaces are not the proper locales for a man to ask a woman out. Not only its unprofessional to make a courtship where you work, if she feels slighted you can easily find yourself fired and with a lawsuit to boot.

Its increasingly hard for a single man in his 30's to find women who are single or aren't looking into getting married/have children. A self-respecting man is not going to approach random women on the street, it makes him look a vagina-beggar, and its terribly dangerous for a man to engage a woman in a public place; you have the boyfriends who don't put out any signals of being the woman's boyfriend, you have the whinning betas who'll punch your teeth in because they think the woman is in danger and you have the woman herself - she can call the cops if she's not in the mood for being hit on.

The only propitious social avenue for a man to meet women is right after High School. College. But despite the difference in numbers, women still amass themselves around the same handful of men. There are literally many more thousands of women in college than there are men, but most of those guys will rather head to the nearest pub and get roaring drunk than try to talk to women - below average, average or cute - for they know they have no chance.

Men are sexual beggars. I've seen obese women - really obese women - dating guys who were better-looking, taller and fitter than David Beckham was in his prime. I have never seen an attractive woman date an average man nor have I ever seen a below average man with an average-looking men. Women select for the best possible genes and only a small percentage of men can have that.

In theory most men have a massive playing field in college. They'd have to eventually find someone who matched them, right? Nope. Most of the women are either in relationships or waiting their turn in the Alpha queue Line. As soon as Alpha number 3 is done with the current girlfriend, the girl who is first in the queue line will be the next girlfriend.

And I very rarely see average women with average men, in their 20's. The men is almost always taller and better-looking than the women.

Sounds like somebody has hang-ups.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:11 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,350,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Um, define "beautiful" because my definition of beautiful probably isn't going to be the same as your definition.
He means physically hot in the generally accepted sense.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:45 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10th Man Down View Post

Numbers of women and men are roughly equal? Where?
In the U.S... 50.8% of the population are women, 49.2% are men.

http://www.census.gov/prod/cen2010/b...c2010br-03.pdf

Quote:

According to the 2010 Census, the
population of the United States on
April 1, 2010, was 308.7 million
people, representing a 9.7 per
-
cent increase in population since
2000, when the population was
281.4 million (Table 1). Growth
was slower than the 13.2 percent
increase experienced during the
previous decade, but similar to the
growth between 1980 and 1990
(9.8 percent). Of the 2010 Census
population, 157.0 million were
female (50.8 percent) while 151.8
million were male (49.2 percent).
Between 2000 and 2010, the male
population grew at a slightly faster
rate (9.9 percent) than the female
population (9.5 percent).

On table 2, it does show that from ages 20-29 there are slightly more men than women. But things even out at 30-years of age. Plus, you have to keep in mind that not ever man is looking for a woman. Alfred Kinsey found that 10% of the male population is gay. If you take that into account, then the numbers are pretty much even again (more females, but some woman are also homosexual, as well... but that percentage is lower than homosexual men).

Overall, while females slightly outnumber males, the male population is slowly increasing, but the biggest change is men aged
60-74... which went up by 34%. So basically men are living longer and closing the gap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships