U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2013, 02:03 PM

3,795 posts, read 3,845,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngroh View Post
By that logic if they don't have experience by the time they are in their low 20s, they are doomed. No one will give them experience if they hold their lack of experience as a dealbreaker.
Nah. Someone will give them experience, just like some people will hire inexperienced carpenters, doctors, and auto mechanics. Nobody said that inexperienced people are prevented from ever gaining experience, just that many people prefer partners with experience, especially when they have experience themselves.

Last edited by nearnorth; 11-02-2013 at 02:21 PM..

Old 11-02-2013, 02:20 PM

377 posts, read 508,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Based on your style of interaction on this forum, there are likely personality characteristics at play here that are limiting you.
Highly doubtful. If I were to wake up with my brother's face (good looking man) tomorrow and still have the same personality, I'd wager my dating life would literally change overnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Astute, you never answered my question from before. What, besides your physical appearance, do you bring to the world?
That's a very vague question to answer. I think I bring a lot to the world and do work that is appreciated by society as a whole, but it is too obscure and specialized for most people to truly appreciate.

Quote:
Why do your friends seek out your company?
I have no friends, nor have I ever had any. This is the direct result of my lack of success with the opposite sex. A majority of men in my experience judge potential friends primarily on how well they do with women, and would rather prefer not to associate with a loser who is undesirable to women as that also affects their perceived social status. This explains why so many times I've hit it off with acquaintances in the past but after finding out my dating life is nonexistent they start to distance themselves from me.

Quote:
Also, you say you are "hideous" but I have no idea what that means. Are you deformed?
It's possible to be hideous without being deformed. A 10 mm overbite, bad skin riddled with acne scars, and an unusually large forehead can make even the best of faces look hideous.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:24 PM

3,795 posts, read 3,845,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astute View Post
Highly doubtful.
Okay, then keep doing what you're doing and acting the way you're acting. No skin off my nuts; it's your life.

Bitter angry dudes, please listen up:

If what you're doing is not working, you have two choices:

1) Keep doing what you're doing, getting the same results.
2) Do something different.

If you choose #1, you know what you're going to get. Carry on in your misery and stop complaining to us. If you choose #2, we can help you get different results. We can't help you get different results without change, though. That's not how it works.

Old 11-02-2013, 02:33 PM

377 posts, read 508,959 times
Quote:
Bitter angry

Old 11-02-2013, 04:50 PM

31 posts, read 27,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppage View Post
lol really?
I guess I have some sort of disability then?

Old 11-02-2013, 08:13 PM

2,183 posts, read 1,720,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I am so sorry you lived life all the way to 41 thinking you were the type of guy no woman would want, and gave up on finding a loving companion in your life.

I can relate a little, as I spent a lot of years thinking I was "destined" to be a loner. I realized a little sooner that the problem was me. That although I am naturally introverted, that I was actually suffering a social anxiety. That I was actually, almost unconsciously pushing people away from me if they started to get "too close."

Please get yourself some help. I do not say so to insult you, but in my experience I realized that the years had built up a HUGE false image of myself, women, and what they would want in my mind. That ultimately became the biggest hurdle for me to overcome.
I haven't given up but I keep my hopes/expectations low.

Old 11-03-2013, 04:15 AM

3,622 posts, read 5,068,809 times
Quote:
Okay, then keep doing what you're doing and acting the way you're acting. No skin off my nuts; it's your life.

Bitter angry dudes, please listen up:

If what you're doing is not working, you have two choices:

1) Keep doing what you're doing, getting the same results.
2) Do something different.

If you choose #1, you know what you're going to get. Carry on in your misery and stop complaining to us. If you choose #2, we can help you get different results. We can't help you get different results without change, though. That's not how it works.
Agree and repped! There's a lot of people on this forum blaming the world for their issues. That's a lot easier than being proactive and taking control, yourself, huh?

Old 11-03-2013, 08:07 AM

2,632 posts, read 5,888,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppage View Post
I've seen some women here say that they wouldn't date a guy who is inexperienced. Why?

I have never heard of that. That's complete bull.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:23 AM

1,516 posts, read 1,758,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
Not really.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:30 AM

17,868 posts, read 17,698,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
nope. he's right. I've been on this site for a few years and many women posting here say that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or