U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 09:33 AM

14,840 posts, read 12,284,157 times

Advertisements

nope, hes not coming back. you're just fantasizing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 09:40 AM

12,540 posts, read 12,543,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andylei View Post
What I don't understand is he told me he loved me still and he will never be crazy about any girl but me. He told me how much better I was than his new girl and how he likes me so much more. He told me he only jumped into another relationship so he wasn't alone sitting at home thinking about me. He also said he checks my fb everyday. He said he will always love me but his heart isn't into putting effort into our relationship because he's afraid it wont work.

Translation: "I like screwing this new chick, but I want to string you along and keep you on the back-burner in case I want some on the side or I get out of bed long enough to discover I don't particularly like her."

Pick up your self-respect and pride and cut communication with him. Remove him from your Facebook, tell him you can't be friends with him right now, and move on.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:16 AM

3,592 posts, read 4,735,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andylei View Post
My ex and I broke up after 3 years, 2 months ago and he is seeing someone else now. I am hearbroken. We saw eachother the other night and I proposed we try again.. he thought about it all night but wasn't sure because he thought our relationship had run it's course and he didn't think it would work. What I don't understand is he told me he loved me still and he will never be crazy about any girl but me. He told me how much better I was than his new girl and how he likes me so much more. He told me he only jumped into another relationship so he wasn't alone sitting at home thinking about me. He also said he checks my fb everyday. He said he will always love me but his heart isn't into putting effort into our relationship because he's afraid it wont work.

I don't know how he can say all those things but still not want to be with me. Do you think he will come back after his honeymoon phase with the new girl ends? I just need some advice..
caution: straight talk ahead.

When he said this right here:

he told me he loved me still and he will never be crazy about any girl but me. He told me how much better I was than his new girl and how he likes me so much more. He told me he only jumped into another relationship so he wasn't alone sitting at home thinking about me. He also said he checks my fb everyday. He said he will always love me but his heart isn't into putting effort into our relationship because he's afraid it wont work.

It would have been a good idea in your mind, heart and feet to move on, at that point because he was stonewalling. Because there you were, right in front of him offering him another chance and he is sandbagging you with excuses. It almost sounds like he's trying to pit you against the current girl, or arouse your jealousy and dismay enough for you to be available for him should he want to cheat on her. (playing hard to get) Men DO think this far ahead when it comes to their "options". He's talking out of both side of his mouth; he loves you so much, but he's purposefully choosing to be with someone he says he doesn't love so he doesn't have to be alone. You're alone without him, but that doesn't seem to be much of a problem for him. WTH?

It doesn't even matter why he doesn't want to come back. You deserve someone who can make a decision about the couple's future without all that back-pedaling. Don't let your self-esteem take a hit over this wordy foolishness of his. Pick yourself up dust yourself off, spruce yourself up and get some help from your girlfriends or family getting back into the dating pool.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:43 AM

896 posts, read 963,881 times
Saying he still loves you is likely the truth, and he likely said it to soften the blow. Time to move on, but there is no reason to hate him or think that he is trying to manipulate you. The women claiming that on this thread are bringing their own baggage to the situation so I would ignore them were I you. There is no reason to spoil your good memories of him. Sometimes people grow apart, that just how it goes.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:56 AM

270 posts, read 833,672 times
Dear OP, I'm really sorry this happened to you. Same thing happened to a friend of mine 3 months ago. She was devastated. I'm quoting oregonwoodsmoke below because his/her advice is right on the money.
My friend was engaged to her guy. He ended the engagement, put up his profile on Match.com, started seeing someone else....then he convinced her (my dumped friend) to sleep with him while his new girl was out of town. When new girl got back into town he slept with her.
Yuck! I'm so disgusted. This guy was a nice guy and suddenly he has turned into a strange monster.
PLEASE, Whatever you do, please don't sleep with him! He's manipulating you! End all contact so that you can move on with your life and then meet the man of your dreams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
The guy is manipulative and stringing you along so he has a fallback position if the new girlfriend dumps him. He's done with you, but doesn't want you to move on and be happy. He intends to keep you in his collection just in case he wants to use you in the future..

Move on. The only way to get back at him is to find someone new and to be really happy without him.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:03 AM

3,592 posts, read 4,735,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
Saying he still loves you is likely the truth, and he likely said it to soften the blow. Time to move on, but there is no reason to hate him or think that he is trying to manipulate you. The women claiming that on this thread are bringing their own baggage to the situation so I would ignore them were I you. There is no reason to spoil your good memories of him. Sometimes people grow apart, that just how it goes.
If what you're saying is true, he wouldn't be telling her he loves her but he's not coming back. In my book that leading someone on. It's not baggage, it's reality.

It's better than telling her to moon away the rest of her life on their "memories". That seems like mental cruelty to the one who is still in love and can't move on.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:05 AM

4,468 posts, read 5,326,916 times
Do you live in Eastern europe or western russia. Sounds like the opposite problem from the USA and Canada where the women control the dating scene.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:09 AM

896 posts, read 963,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
If what you're saying is true, he wouldn't be telling her he loves her but he's not coming back. In my book that leading someone on. It's not baggage, it's reality.

It's better than telling her to moon away the rest of her life on their "memories". That seems like mental cruelty to the one who is still in love and can't move on.
What is it about ''I'm not coming back'' confused you to think it is a sexual invitation? He didn't proposition her, he dumped her. He is not the devil.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:21 AM

643 posts, read 748,982 times
He cheated on you while you were together and feels guilty

Old 10-31-2013, 11:46 AM

33,384 posts, read 20,152,781 times
There will be other men who want you and only you, op. Forget about this man and move on with your life.

Don't ask the question, "why doesn't he want me anymore?" Remember you are a valuable individual deserves to be respected, loved. There are a lot of good faithful men out there. You will find one. Don't worry about that.

Best of luck sweetie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or