U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 12:06 AM

33,046 posts, read 22,099,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
This is the most disheartening thing of all. It means the OP is like, a 40 year old man and can't seem to manage his money or his life at all.

(scratching head) I live on a poverty level income and manage my money just fine, pay the rent on time and don't bounce checks. where do you get the idea i can't manage my money? i can manage my life just fine was long as i actually am able to control my living environment. the problem is that on my income i have to choose between managing my money and controlling my living environment and i have chosen to properly manage my money.

let's see how you do on my income.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 05:06 AM

9,889 posts, read 20,186,547 times
Maybe you can find a squat with sober people?

Old 11-04-2013, 08:19 AM

3,637 posts, read 2,702,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
This forum gives me the impression I'm not qualified to date
Then the forum is likely failing in it's aims - because there is no criteria or qualifications for dating. Anyone can do it - any time - and if you feel there is any reason that you can not then the reason exists solely in your own head.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:32 AM

6,229 posts, read 5,372,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Then the forum is likely failing in it's aims - because there is no criteria or qualifications for dating. Anyone can do it - any time - and if you feel there is any reason that you can not then the reason exists solely in your own head.
What about a guy in his 30s who makes $9 an hour, and is awkward, isolated,ect.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk

Old 11-04-2013, 10:54 AM

16,797 posts, read 14,568,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
(scratching head) I live on a poverty level income and manage my money just fine, pay the rent on time and don't bounce checks. where do you get the idea i can't manage my money? i can manage my life just fine was long as i actually am able to control my living environment. the problem is that on my income i have to choose between managing my money and controlling my living environment and i have chosen to properly manage my money.

let's see how you do on my income.
If you can't even afford to move out of one room in the ghetto, and you work full time, that is not managing your life or your funds. Why don't you take a second job, or get a better job? You have a college degree, right?

Old 11-04-2013, 10:56 AM

16,797 posts, read 14,568,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk
What about him? (And it's etc., not ect.) What are you not happy with? If you are content there is nothing you need to change.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:55 AM

16,133 posts, read 12,881,666 times
Why are you even thinking of dating?

Get the hell out of that hellhole, get a better job or another job and become a more happy person. Stop complaining. The time you waste posting here at CD - you could be earning extra income and find a better place.

THEN think of dating!

I hate it when people don't take any responsibility about their bad choices. It is always everyboyd else fault. Suuuuure ...

Old 11-04-2013, 12:23 PM

6,040 posts, read 4,445,853 times
Weren't you leaving?

Old 11-04-2013, 01:08 PM

28,905 posts, read 46,780,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
This is the most disheartening thing of all. It means the OP is like, a 40 year old man and can't seem to manage his money or his life at all.
I know. And it's absolutely, positively not his fault.

Old 11-05-2013, 09:14 AM

22,759 posts, read 28,819,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post

Because I own a low rent house, when I have a vacancy, I get to meet dozens and dozens of men who make $8.95 a hour and are applying to rent, along with their wife or live-in girlfriend. $9 an hour does not stop a man from having a relationship.

I've seen some socially awkward guys who are married, so that is not a deal breaker, either. The isolated problem maybe could benefit from some counseling; you must be able to give emotionally in order to maintain a relationship.

"Issues" are cumulative. The more issues a person has that make a relationship difficult, the more difficult it becomes. One issue, two issues, work around them. Twenty-five issues are going to make life harder. A man can find a woman who will tolerate one or two issues. That 25 issues is going to narrow down the dating pool options quite a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or