Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 05:02 PM

63 posts, read 246,208 times

Advertisements

I don't even know where to begin. "Emotional-nightmare" doesn't even begin to describe what I've gone through with this girl.

I met her 2 years ago. She flirted with me once at Starbucks and we went out a few times after that. However, when I told her I liked her and went for the kiss, she said "no," pulled away and said we should just be friends. I was crushed. At the same time, I was hopeful if I just stuck with her, she would change her mind.

We remained "friends" for probably a year and a half. She went through flings and boyfriends and I would wait on the rafters, hoping I was next. But it never came. I became extremely disillusioned and started to distance myself from her; not going to clubs or parties when she invited me, talking to her less when we just happened to be in the same place, not returned a call here or there.

I gave up trying to be her boyfriend, and eventually, she gave up trying to be my friend.

Just a few weeks ago, I deleted her from my Facebook friends list. I felt ashamed for "facebook stalking" her; for looking at her status and pictures and longing for her.

She then sent a message to me asking me why I un-friended her. I explained that I still wanted her, but seeing her and not being able to have her only hurt me. She sent an angry response saying she "hated" me for growing away from her, but I didn't respond.

My area isn't that big or crowded. I still see her from time to time at a bar or a club or a party or even at the mall, supermarket and gas station.

Every time I see her, I still want her, and every negative emotion I ever felt comes back and hits me like a brick wall; frustration; loneliness; inferiority; desire unfulfilled.

When we hung out together, I didn't understand why she didn't want me the same way I wanted her. I felt like there was something wrong with me; that I wasn't tall enough, that I wasn't handsome enough, that I wasn't witty, popular or cool enough.

I'm ashamed of the pleas and overtures I made to her. I feel like she must think I'm insane.

Worst of all, I'm ashamed of myself.

I'm ashamed of all the time and energy I put into trying to win her over and failing. I'm ashamed I allowed myself to become so enamored with 1 girl who really, really wasn't all that special. I'm ashamed that I "facebook stalked" her every time we weren't together in person.

And I'm ashamed that I STILL want her.

How can I forget about her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 05:06 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,856,667 times
Have you been out meeting other people and having fun and moving on?

Old 08-27-2009, 05:09 PM

720 posts, read 1,407,710 times
WOW....only time will help you now. Find a new hobby and try to mingle within another circle of friends. If nothing else, MOVE lol....I feel for ya, good luck!!

Old 08-27-2009, 05:11 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,428 times
If possible, move away.

Go find other things to do beside going to the club you know she'll be at.

I think you did the right thing by not responding to her last message. I'm also glad you know you can't be around her or see her and that's how you'll recover.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:16 PM

382 posts, read 758,203 times
You can't do nothing else but to move on. Meet other people.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:21 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,327,365 times
Get over it. I know it's hard but it can be done.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:23 PM

17,208 posts, read 57,035,276 times
You are a young guy, I guess - do the following:

Start working out, and jog/swim/whatever for cardio. Build youself into the guy that turns some girls on, and freaks others out.

Second, education/career. I put this second because it will take more time, but do what you gotta do to develop your money-making capability, whatever this may be. I don't know you so I can't give specific advice.

Third, work on your appearance beyond fitness. Got any gay friends? They are generally good wardrobe consultants.

Rise above this beyoch, let her eat your dust. When she finally shows interest in you, 5 or 10 years from now, then you serve the dish of revenge stone cold: "Dahm, you have gained some weight, havent' you!"

The journey begins today. See you at the gym.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:24 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,532,093 times
whats funny about this type of situation to me, is later, if you get involved with someone else. She will show interest. Is a game that little girls like to play.

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
i dont know but if i start sending DM's @ her i will get an infraction for sure.

5,408 posts, read 12,660,340 times
exactly!!! meet other people. stalker status after a couple dates is not cool.

forget about her. its better not to be friends. she still has control over you so dont give in. just stay away.

there has got to be someone out there for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships