U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 07:06 AM

255 posts, read 312,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
How am I a white night? By saying guys on this forum make excuses for EVERYTHING?

These guys here act like women have some magic powers that's preventing them from getting laid. Actually, most of them act like women are far superior to men!

If anything my post is the opposite of "white night" syndrome. I'm saying to stop putting women on some pedestal with social powers over men and look at them as EQUALS.

I can guarantee you that so many of these guys here complaining, act like lost puppy dogs or half way frightened of women.

Like I said, my main point (as in many if my posts) is just saying to quit being whiney like girls and stop making excuses. If people here aren't successful with women, at getting in shape, or with their career, I am POSITIVE, there's more they can be doing to change that. Most guys would rather do nothing but complain, however.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
I have to give it to you. I agree with your premise. These guys whine too much. It almost makes wonder whether they're human beings or the offshot of homo sapiens, as homo sapiens has the ability to adapt to the changing enviroment. These fellas seem to lack that. in Japan and in the Western world, we have more and more young men who are giving up on taking Excalibur from the stone(its near-high impossible to attract women if you aren't 6 feet tall etc) and are dedicating themselves to their hobbies, but these forum users don't want to let their bitterness go.

But I also agree with the other posters. You're a bit of a douchebag. You remind me of those Alpha bullies who'd make a point of making weaker, shorter men feel bad about themselves in order to appear even more Alpha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 08:06 AM

3,558 posts, read 4,342,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10th Man Down View Post

But I also agree with the other posters. You're a bit of a douchebag. You remind me of those Alpha bullies who'd make a point of making weaker, shorter men feel bad about themselves in order to appear even more Alpha.
My only intent here is to get those guys constantly complaining to take initiative and actually go do something about it.

I am a bully to those here with the same old annoying tune. I HATE when people complain and moan and make excuses about EVERYTHING and do NOTHING. It's like working with that fat person constantly bit**ing about being fat, while they stuff a double quarter pounder with cheese down their throat.

Like I said. There's stuff every guy here can do to help the things theyre complaining about. Work out more, work on your confidence, spend more time working to advance or studying in your spare time.

I'm 25 and make a lot of money. I am still looking into taking a 40 week course next year with an incredibly high failure rate and difficult test. Plus it will run me about $3000.

So what, I'm going to take risks and work my tail off while other guys can sit and mope about their situations and do NOTHING? And even worse, they will tell me I "have it so easy" or "I'm lucky?"

No, its called taking initiative and not being a whiney p.o.s..

How's that quote go?

"The harder I work the luckier I get"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-02-2013, 08:24 AM

7,762 posts, read 4,967,807 times
Exchange of barbs aside, I remain persuaded that the central problem is neither "whiny" or timorous men, nor demanding or temperamental women, but simply a lack of means for people to meet and to mingle.

Whether we're all frenetically busy at the office or pointlessly slamming away on keyboards in a basement den, or going about whatever else occupies our time, there simply aren't adequate settings for people without social networks to be exposed to a large group of candidates and to venture with making a selection.

Old 11-02-2013, 08:33 AM

2,183 posts, read 1,719,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10th Man Down View Post
I have to give it to you. I agree with your premise. These guys whine too much. It almost makes wonder whether they're human beings or the offshot of homo sapiens, as homo sapiens has the ability to adapt to the changing enviroment. These fellas seem to lack that. in Japan and in the Western world, we have more and more young men who are giving up on taking Excalibur from the stone(its near-high impossible to attract women if you aren't 6 feet tall etc) and are dedicating themselves to their hobbies, but these forum users don't want to let their bitterness go.

You hit the nail on the head with your assessment of Houston Dan.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:03 AM

2,584 posts, read 2,281,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post

A good, single, genuine, trustworthy man who is loyal and has a job is likely protecting himself so he doesn't get burned by the institution of marriage and all the modern wickedness that it entails.
Yup! That is a perfect description of me.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:23 PM

1,361 posts, read 1,401,468 times
My this has to be one of the most hostile threads ever lets all chill out.

I mean come if we went by accessing people by what they post then everyone will come off as a jackass and whiners in some way shape of form to somebody.

I am not going take the high ground here there are plenty of posters I can't stand or say things I could never cosign to in my life whether they are successful or not or certain points are so redundant and simplified to a laughable extent it can eye rolling I agree but **** the world goes on. We all here are more than what we post on this forum.

To OP it can hard out there keep happy, enjoy yourself and don't let it overtake all the other good stuff going on in your life that is for everyone.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:34 PM

4,188 posts, read 4,370,676 times
The testosterone in this thread is making me grow chest hairs through my computer screen.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:46 PM

355 posts, read 760,000 times
You should join a meetup group. Find a subject that interests you, join that group, go on a few meetups, get your name and number out there, add some peeps to facebook, and take it from there.

Find Meetup Groups near you - Meetup

Old 11-02-2013, 01:17 PM

4,188 posts, read 4,370,676 times
I think it's ok to have pride in oneself and one's achievements but I also think that American culture tends to fetishize the workplace and the career far too much, to a degree one would never see in other Western nations. Yes, that amount of money at a young age is impressive, but it is also transitory, especially in this economy. I'm glad to see you mentioned family and hobbies though. When we're on our deathbeds we're not going to be wishing that we worked harder or got more promotions.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:59 PM

40,182 posts, read 39,730,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiada View Post
A good single man, with a job, who is genuine and loyal. Where is he?? Ugh, maybe i shpuld become a nun.
There are plenty of men that fit these requirements.

I find your list refreshing to be honest, as most of the "requirements" lists that some women generate here "generate" laughs......

At least yours is realistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or